This OlderTimer is still carrying on

I’ve gone ranged dps with my Warden. Lot’s of crit, self healing and my pet.

Feel free to PM if you need anything in ESO

@templarga1976

I can craft almost anything and also happy to make you any buff food you would like.

Hello, Trustee. I am the 80-year old, who has been chasing your backside for the past few years to earn the “oldest player in OTG honors” wreath. I am happy to hear that I am not going to get it any time soon. My latest experiment is a lizard Necromancer, ice staff/sword and board, tank who is named, Vlad Drakanwulf. I look forward to hearing from you.

1 Like

Hi Drakanwulf. It’s great to know that there are other Elder Timers (life begins at 80) in the guild. I hear that the Necro class in eso is a fun class to play. I’m still building up my warden - now at 43 - and he is rather fun too. He is ranged dps - over 60 pct crit - self healing - with a pet. We sort of give the mobs a rough time - it’s fun time. I guess that we are never to old to have fun, and I’ve had lots of fun over the years with my otg friends.

Thanks for the kind words, Trustee. I will be logging Vlad into the game this evening (CDT) and tomorrow. My necro is still very low level (6) and in his first set of training armor and weapons. When leveling characters, I tend to change their blue training gear every ten levels e.g. 6, 16, … 46, 50(10, 20, 30, …), or so, until they get to their final set of 50(160) crafted armor and weapons.

I tried playing an ice staff/sword and board warden tank but the class seemed to be ineffective for solo play so I gave up on the idea until the necromancer class came alone. For DPS, my current favorite is a vampire dark elf who is a staff wielding, magicka based, nightblade. I have one at lvl 50(160) who is my gatherer/jeweler. Still working on the jewelry crafting (grump, grump, grump, about leveling jewelry crafting).

I am still looking for that ranged, magicka DPS/close up, sword and board tank combination who can survive almost everything with just a little outside help. One of the quirks about the necro class is that one can convert many of the class’ ranged DPS attacks from magicka to stamina thus giving me additional ranged attacks while in S&B mode to help keep the wee bastards clustered around me. Heals, unfortunately, are magicka based just like the warden class heals. So are the pet summoning spells.

Drakanwulf - I have gotten my ranged dps (staffs) warden up to 50, and he is proving to be a fun solo character. He self heals as he does damage - has 62 pct crit for spell damage - and is hard to bring down. I will just explore around the game world while I bring up my champion points. He may not be perfect, but he is a delight to play. I ran short of ancestor silk for my epic cloth armor, so I will have to build that up a bit. I still enjoy eso. Have a good one. Trustee Elder Timer

I have 550 or so Ancestor Silk in my Materials Bag. How many do you need? Let me know and I will mail them to you.

FYI, Vlad Drakanwulf is on his second set of training gear (level 17 now). He is running an ice staff for ranged and a sword and board for close up work.

BTW, the next time anyone asks “Why do you still play games?” at your age, I tell them I play to keep arthritis out of my brain and fingers. :slight_smile:

How much Ancestor Silk do you need? I have 550 or so in my stash. Let me know who to send them to and I will.

Thanks Drakanwulf for offering to help me out, but I’ll be able to build up my supply of ancestor silk. I have 4 level 50 hero class characters and they all have their busy workmen out gathering crafting material - including ancestor silk. In addition, I have my unlimited crafting bag (I love it) to store stuff in - endlessly. In addition, I’ll take my Warden class character and hunt up some. I am playing eso at my own pace and so I have time to do this sort of stuff. Ah me, Life is sooooooooooooooooooooo interesting. Trustee Elder Timer 89 on July 13.

Trustee, I have moved over to FFXIV (Exodus server) because I have found it to be an interesting game, e.g. they even have an eight-lesson class for tanks to show you how to tank in their game. How nice of them… :slight_smile:

OTG is located on the Excalibur server but that server appears (to me) to be Perma-locked into Congested state so no one can create any new characters on it.

I tried ffx14 but didn’t stay with it. I do like my warden class character in eso and I continue to have fun with him.

1 Like

Archer/Bard is a lot of fun. Haven’t had time to play much since I started recently but plan to get back to it.

It’s good to see you post Trustee. You and @Zeetocht are my favourite old guys here in OTG. I’ve never gotten to play with you but have had many chances to just speak with you over voice comms. I always get a little worried when I didn’t see the usual suspects in Mumble. Thanks for posting to keep in touch with folks.

Thanks - it’s good hearing from you. I’ve been around a long time, and I continue to love gaming; and I love OTG. Looking forward to playing the next big MMO with my many gaming friends.

Hey there Trustee…what is your next gaming gig? Anything interesting is definitely worth the effort.

Glad to see you around and hope to see you in game one of these days too. BTW, I signed up for WoW Classic with the guild. Figured I could get a chance to see what everyone is hyped up about since I did not come into the game until the end of Lich King and the beginning of Cata.

But my memory of those times is fairly fuzzy since I was totally new to video gaming. The only games I played up to that point was with physical cards: Canasta, Go Fish, Solitaire, and several other card games I can’t remember.

:wave:

I have heard that Amazon is coming into MMO’s. Starting one in Lord of the Ring universe. If that was done right, and I expect it would be, it would be interesting. Also heard Amazon has another open world MMO cooking up - perhaps in alpha.

Shadow Thumper prefers sci-fi to fantasy - maybe space based. We’ll see.
Shadow group is sort of split up a bit right now - looking for some common ground - a good game that we can agree on.

I think that wow classic would be really good for you since you got into the game a bit late. I played the game from the beginning for about a year and a half - then came back with shadow group and revisited the game for another year or better. It’s a game you can always come back to.

I am currently playing eso - building up a Briton dps warden - plenty of close up or ranged damage - self healing and with a pet. It’s fun.

1 Like

That is so cool Trustee. I would love to reconnect with the Shadow group sometime.

I tried ESO, but could not get my left hand to do well with the movement keys WASD. I failed miserably with that setup and have stuck with mouse movement. Its really much easier for me to do a lot of movement with my mouse…I even can jump and circle quickly enough to avoid a lot of damage.

My left hand is much better at the skill keys because it sorta fits with my touch typing skill in RL. I know when my fingers are on the wrong keys before I even press them…seems muscle memory from 20 years of doing typing transcriptions for a lot of my jobs is cemented in my brain.

I tried the WASD in so many different games but became frustrated. So in many cases, when I found out the game did not offer the alternative option of swapping over to mouse movement in place of WASD, I just left the game. I really wanted to play ESO because its such a beautiful game but because of that limitation it became impossible for me to do well or even enjoy.

I remember SWTOR, Rift, GW2 and WoW all have the mouse movement available as well as allowing the WASD option for those who are more comfortable with that. The fact these games offered both options was a really good decision that the game developers made and I think it garnered them more players in the long run.

1 Like

Here are some thoughts for your consideration. If you wish, you can read up on and explore the use of a Programable PC Gaming Keypad with a mouse. I use a Logitech G13 gaming keypad with my left hand and my mouse with my right hand. Razer has the Razer Orbweaver and the Razer Tartarus Gaming keypads. I move, fight, heal, cast spells and do all kinds of stuff with programable keys and a toggle switch with my left hand and mouse stuff with my right hand. It’s great. It may take a bit to get used to it, but it works really well. I have different profiles of programable key assignments for each game. I’ve been using my G13 for years. Read up on it. You will not regret it. It may be that the G13 has been discontinued, but it still works and the Razer Gamepads are good.

As for Shadow Group, we are looking for a new game that interests us and you would always be welcome back. I was talking with Shadow Thumper last night and he says hi. So does Zercon and Zar.

1 Like

Thanks for the info…btw I do have an orbweaver and a G910 keyboard with a razer Naga Hex mouse. But I’ve not been able to do much because the stand up desk setup I currently have is so tiny it barely fits the keyboard and mouse.

I ordered a new adjustable desk recently and am currently waiting on a replacement control box to replace the one damaged in the shipping of the desk last week. You can actually see my setup here on our forums. I posted it to show off my My new gaming desk

Anyway, once I get it setup I will have more than enough room to put what I need out for use. Then I can go back to setting up my orbweaver and such so that I can setup macros to use for gaming. Not sure if I’ll accomplish much very soon as I have to see how the desk setup works with all that real estate available going forward. It usually takes me a bit of time to readjust to things when I make changes.

I’ll keep you posted though because I really would like to connect with the group again.

Please tell the guys I said hi… :smiley:

Looks like you are heading in the right direction. Hope using a keypad - mouse combo works for you as it has for me. I wish you well. By the way, I love to use macros to do several things in series with one key - press.