Starfield

I actually didn’t mind FO76, because they were very straight forward about it, up front, no deceit or surprises. I knew at the onset, when it was 1st announced, that I wasn’t going to enjoy it, and that’s OK. Lots of people make games I won’t enjoy, good on them, I don’t mind. It wasn’t like CP2k77 where they promised 110% and delivered like 65% of it, which was a crushing disappointment to me because I had such faith in CDPR. But Bethesda basically said “Hey, we’re trying this, we’re making a Fallout game but taking out everything that makes it Fallout for you!” I really appreciated the honesty :slight_smile:

I know folks that love FO76, and good on them for having fun, it’s just not for me.

1 Like

Well said. Though I dont agree with the removing the fallout part. But to each his own.

What do you mean? For me, having fixed inventory (an anathema to me), no companions, minimal quests (I know they added later), and no story (again, later), is the heart of Fallout. In decades of playing Fallout I’ve never thought to myself “You know what Bethesda needs to do? Gut the quests, lose the companions, lock down inventory and make the game a battle royale!!” Certainly to each their own, but that’s why I opted out of FO76.

Looks interesting but I don’t trust Todd or Bethesda. He talks a good game and they make cool videos but we’ll see how it looks after launch. Call me skeptical but I’ll wait until others beta test the release before I think about throwing money at them.

Dude, totally get it. Burn me once, shame on you, burn me 76 times, I’m not pre-ordering your games anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Actually they had a TON of quests at launch…what are you talking about… GRANTED they were not given to you by an NPC…however everything else is true at launch lol. But every bethesda game has a rough launch lol. Ok, FO76 was rougher than usual and not really what anyone wanted, but they brought it around. Wastelanders was awesome, and what the game should have been from the start. But a LOT of games are doing this pvp bullshit nowadays.

Oh I wouldn’t say “didn’t have anything anyone wanted” because folks played it and loved it, I was just very pleased that Todd said, up front, “You won’t like this Mac, pass on it”, and I did, and I do not feel like I missed anything. I picked it up on Steam for like $15 on a sale, played it a few hours, my inventory got full and I had no place to put my stuff because my storage was full, so I logged out and uninstalled - asked and answered, no hard feelings :slight_smile:

There are tons of games out there that are not for me. I’ve never played League of Legends, or Minecraft, or a anything that is console-only, and don’t feel like I’m missing anything. Just because I don’t like a thing does not make it bad, it just makes it “not for me”, which is cool :slight_smile:

Soon™ - maybe :thinking:

https://gamerant.com/starfield-playable-start-to-finish/

So Bethesda has no games coming out in April, but do in May and June, and it has to come out by June 30th to meet the H1-23 “promise”. They also typically need 6-8 weeks of run-up time. My guess is sometime in April, and we’ll hear about it in Feb. But that is 100% an unfounded, wild-ass guess.

I’ve got to say, as said earlier, the potential for modding is what excites me the most here.

I just reloaded MechWarrior 5 with - YetAnotherModList Mod Collection (Nexus/Vortex) and
FallOut4 - A StoryWealth Mod Collection (Nexus/Vortex), they are like brand new games and so much more fun! So much tedium and limitation removed while having more options, prettier visuals and more interesting stories. Once the intial release settles down to a stable version the modders will flood us with options. I’m excited for this one.

Absolutely. New worlds, alien races, entire cities, ship models, sky’s the limit.

Starfield Direct Showcase, June 11
Release September 6

So the official “beta” launch on September 6th and then the unofficial real launch when the modders fix it hopefully before 2024. :smirk:

Honestly, I hope it doesn’t launch as mediocre as say Skyrim because I am really looking forward to this one and would rather have it play really well right from the start…but it’s Bethesda so I’m not gonna hold my breath or even cross my fingers else I would probably suffocate or end up with my fingers permanently twisted together. :smirk:

I already own BG3 which launches late August so I’ll hit that one up first and early next year pick up SF. That’s my goal, but I only know I’m kidding myself and won’t be able to resist.

I’ve got Last of Us at the end of March, Star Wars at the end of April, Redfall (maybe) in May, then nothing until August with BG3. Hopefully Homeworld 3 comes out in there somewhere.

I want to be hyped for this game, but Uncle Todd has promised us games of pure awesomesauce in the past, just to be horribly let down. Hopefully I can weasle my way into a beta.

There’s a glimmer of hope in the background…

Oh yeah, Last of Us. I’ll have to check it out.

TLoU Parts 1 and 2 are worth the time. Solid games.

I know, I just don’t play consoles, so I have to wait for PC

Soon™ :slightly_smiling_face: