Shadowlands release date & other updates

Wow, lots of blue news. It’s long, but a ton of great stuff! Super exciting!

1 Like

I want this guy to design the new mounts! These are amazing.

I still prefer this book mount vision over the one in that concept fan article:

3 Likes

Yes it does

I would still ride that slimesaber Hashberry

How to change your covenant:

1 Like

I WANT THAT BOOK MOUNT!!!

Seriously, I should totally have that. I even voted for it, but it’s in 4th place. Everyone has been seduced by the Treebeard mount. Well maybe not EVERYONE, but the tree has a 14 point lead over second place which has the two uckiest and ugliest ones tied for 2nd place ( worm and cat).

Ah well, the tree was my 2nd choice.

2 Likes

I agree with Aery, that book mount is perfect for my lock.

What Bliz should do is make one of each to satisfy everyone.

1 Like

For those interested in the differences between SSD & HDD for your Shadowlands gameplay:

2 Likes

More about conduits from bliz:

Well, someone likely just got fired. Shadowlands release delayed until “later this year”. Let the lawsuits begin. But prepatch is Oct 13th.

I wonder what happened? Besides the obvious that the launch got delayed. I am curious though. What are your thoughts on this?

How many people re-subbed and pre-bought the expansion for a September pre-patch?

Makes you wonder if they never intended (or were overly hopeful) for an October Release but needed another infusion of subscriptions for Q3 results.

I’m fine with it being pushed back in order to ensure what we receive is top notch.

Yea, me too. I’m in no hurry because I would much rather have a game that works smoothly instead of a cluster fire of bugs and irritations.
:rofl:

By releasing prepatch, they’re saying classes are essentially done. So the delay is more for systems. Given there are still significant changes that keep hitting beta for covenants and conduits, etc., I suspect it has something to do with that.

Edit:
Perculia on WowHead has a great article speculating on when SL will be released and considerations on how it might effect players:

Bliz is offering refunds for preorders.

As they said in the post, they need more time to work on endgame. If you think about it, this makes a lot of sense, since they’re reducing leveling time to something like 6 hrs from 10-50. This means that people will be hitting endgame much faster. In other words, the game is becoming much more endgame focused than leveling focused. In order to make this enormous change to the game work, they need to make sure that endgame will be engaging enough to keep people subbed until the next expac. Otherwise, they might begin to slide into the free-to-pay market due to not being able to keep people subbed as long as they’re used to. The loss of so many players in the early parts of BfA must have hurt. I imagine that’s one of the reasons they’re making these changes in the first place.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Philosophy on Shadowlands, Bliz & Acitivision

I’m ok with them pushing back the release date. The prepatch will have most if not all of the changes I really care about and the content I enjoy the most. For me leveling is what is fun in MMO’s so they can take their sweet time with the release and get it right.

Really looking forward to leveling up a bunch of alts on both sides.

I can’t wait for the barber shop!!