Shadowlands release date & other updates

What’s the barber shop? Or what’s gonna be new about it?

All of the new customizations are awesome!

The Barber Shop allows you to change your appearance in game. It has been in game for years, but with the release of Shadowlands there is a huge increase in customization options for your characters. People will be spending a lot of time playing around with their looks.

1 Like

…and most likely spend a lot of gold getting the look just right. :rofl:

Conduit cooldowns changed.

I’m pretty sure initially the limitation is there to make World First more challenging as those guilds min/max the heck out of every slot for every boss fight and will have to choose wisely on their 7 swaps.

After World First is over and say top 10 is logged, i am wondering if we don’t see it turn back into the rest zone/Tomes swap out that evolved with Essences.

Bliz released a prepatch survival guide:

4 Likes

Ton of useful information here. Highlights if you don’t want to clicky:

• Black Market Auction House now requires a max level character to access the BMAH

• Water now regenerates mana slower in the first seconds you begin drinking, increasing to a rapid return as you drink continuously.

• Elixir of Ancient Knowledge, Elixir of the Rapid Mind, and Excess Potion of Accelerated Learning will become Poor quality and no longer usable.

• You can no longer champion a Mists of Pandaria faction for bonus reputation.

• Travel Form’s ground forms are no longer mountable but the Stag Form ability has been renamed Mount Form and ground forms are mountable.

• Explosive Orb health has been reduced and no longer scales with keystone level.

• When swapping weapons, the Off Balance debuff is applied and prevents the Death Knight from gaining the bonuses of Runeforge enchantments for 30 seconds.

Normally I’d link the blue post, but wowhead has a ton of great guides all in one place here.

3 Likes

What? Taking away druid cat form, bear form, etc?

If my druid’s forms become mounts I’ll be really pissed.

1 Like

Here’s what it means: Currently, when you’re in a no fly zone with your friends and you press Travel Form, unless you have the Cheetah glyph applied to Travel Form, you turn into a mountable stag and every body wants to hop on and ride you like they are in a rodeo.

They are changing this where you can now press Travel Form and you can turn into a stag that no one can mount. If you want to turn into a stag that your friend can mount, then you press Mount Form.

What also isn’t clear is if you have the cheetah glyph on your travel form, does your cheetah become mountable when you press Mount Form? Poor little cheetah.

2 Likes

You are correct…poor cheeta :upside_down_face:

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

OMG…so the Barber shop seems to be a favorite hide out then. lol

and it also appears that the old elevator boss is sulking…

If you defeat the Maiden of Vigilance and the elevator is out of order, there is a teleporter for your convenience.

:sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Ok, I just checked out Icy Veins for updates on SL for Affliction Warlock. I thought the information they posted was odd since I thought Bliz fixed some of our stuff…

It appears nothing changed on the weaknesses at all so we still have a long ramp up for damage, a punishment for the setup for burst? so we can’t move or we lose, and we’ve always had a weak AoE damage (which I thought had been changed by Bliz for SL).

Weaknesses

• -Ramp up time for some of its damage
  • -Burst damage requires a setup period, where you can be punished by movement
  • -Weak AoE damage

So is IV behind the curve from Bliz or had Bliz really reversed stuff or nurffed stuff they originally offered us? …I am so confused. I was trying to setup my new talents and skills and now I have no idea what to use. What I was hoping for apparently is contrary to what I remember Bliz saying they were going to do for Aff Locks.

It can’t be all strengths. Every class is going to have positives and negatives. Often melee get the burst and no ramp up time, because they’re the ones having to book it out of the fight for many raid mechanics.

I just did a quick skim of posts/videos (forums, guides, etc). I mostly see locks complaining about hunters having stuff they don’t, and hunters complaining about locks having stuff they don’t. Sounds like all is right with the world. :wink: Heck, even icy-veins has a post saying they’re doing great: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/52234-affliction-warlock-in-the-shadowlands-spec-highlights-and-class-recommendations/ That is from the 20th.

If you like your lock, play your lock! I don’t know of a single class that the majority of the posts or guides aren’t claiming is awful. It’s a negative kind of world right now. I still need to pick a main for SL, but if I try to pick based on feedback in the guides and posts, I’d never pick one cuz apparently they all “suck”. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

For those looking to get some gear while waiting for the prepatch, wow head has a guide:

Some tweets from Ion about legendaries, renown and speed leveling.