Red Dead Online PC - Any OTG interest?

Has anyone received their free Bounty Hunter license yet for linking their Twitch Prime account? It says it could take up to 72 hours but it would be nice to know if the Twitch Loot is working. I haven’t received mine yet.

So do you just get it if you login, or is there somewhere to go to get it? I looked in my sachel and didn’t see it. I haven’t really done much online, just make my character and do a very little bit of the story line there.

I have no idea. Still waiting for mine. Don’t know if it’s a voucher or something like that. When I talked to the sheriff it asked for 15 gold bars like the other licenses so I passed on it.

this is what I found: https://www.ign.com/wikis/red-dead-redemption-2/How_to_Become_a_Bounty_Hunter_in_Red_Dead_Online

To start, head to Rhodes and visit the Sheriff’s Office. Upon arrival, you’ll be shown a cutscene of a Bounty Hunter bringing in the members of the Twin Rocks Gang. She will then ask if you want to be a Bounty Hunter and inform you that all you need is a license.
As she rides off, the Sheriff will ask you if you want a license, but then will give you an out because you’re short on money. He will then inform you that if you ever want one, all you need to do is visit a bounty board, where you can purchase a license for 15 Gold Bars. However, if you’ve linked your Rockstar and Twitch Prime account by September 8, 2019, the fee will be waived.

side note: I am confused if the sheriff is a he or a she as they change gender a few times in those paragraphs.

I submitted a ticket. Let you know if I hear anything from R*.

is it just me or does everything seem like you have to ride your horse for 10 minutes to do something?

1 Like

No, sometimes you have to drive a wagon for 10 minutes to do something too.
At least you don’t have to walk! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seriously though, this is more of an Old West simulator than a game to me, which I really, really like. I don’t mind taking my time at all, especially with the gorgeous scenery this game has to offer.

I guess the key feature that is missing for me is autorun. It hurts my hands to run around that much.

I think there’s a way to do auto-travel but I need to track down the info for PC.

Here it is (hands free travel),

yeah supposedly there is but I couldn’t figure it out. I also couldn’t get the tap tap to work. Not sure what I am doing wrong but I will admit my manual dexterity isn’t great.

Sorry, those were console controls I linked, but maybe there’s a way to do it on PC too.

yeah I looked at the console vids or a few of them anyway, still didn’t help. Just put an autorun key in. Why they don’t is beyond me.

Yes! I bought the PC game when it launched Nov 5th. I just ordered a game controller as per forum advice since I am having trouble grabbing my gun fast enough and when I try emotes I usually end up shooting the person.
We need OTG posse.

Mine launched just fine and have not had but maybe 2 short crashes.
Lesson learned… gold bars cannot be converted to cash and I am out of cash and ammo!
Decided to go try the single player mode and learn things a little better

PC controls:
https://guides.gamepressure.com/red-dead-redemption-2/guide.asp?ID=52400

That is a nice concise guide however it doesn’t address the lack of autorun unfortunately.

I understand there is no auto run in game. Strange.

There is auto-run, but you have to be a little careful with it as you can sometimes run into/over things you probably should not. Just set a waypoint, and press-hold V. That should get you into “Cinematic” mode. If you need to get back out of it, just tap V again.

1 Like

And yes, i would very much like to check out the online mode and team up with OTG peeps.

I am LadyMaal in game but … I don’t know what I am doing yet. Today I will be trying this out with a controller instead of keyboard in hopes this will increase my reflexes. I am also barely into the solo player story part because I keep running back to online.