Red Dead Online PC - Any OTG interest?

I will be picking it up. I too couldn’t get my brain to function with the PS4 controller.

Seeing as I usually go to bed at 9PM, I guess that isn’t going to work for me. That is ok. I will figure something out or just solo, which is fine by me.

No worries. You may have better luck finding others to play with here than I do. I tend to play rather too late for most folks, at least those on the east coast.

You can now download/pre-load RDR2 through the Rockstar launcher. I’m pre-loading it now, all 110 GB. :sunglasses:

Thanks for the heads up! I can’t wait to play with proper controls :slight_smile:

I picked this up too, can’t wait until the 5th. I know my brother (Nymrix) picked it up also. I’ll let him know to drop in here and post. I’ll be up for some grouping up to :):grinning:

It would be great to get an OTG group together for the multiplayer game. It would be fun to group up once a week. I’ll probably bounce back and forth between the solo game (RDR2) and the online game (RDO), but my play time is very limited these days.

I would be interested in joining up for some online gaming :slight_smile:

Just a heads-up with regard to Read Dead Online (PC). It looks like you only get one character slot and your displayed name will be the nickname you selected for your Rockstar Social Club profile. The game lets you choose a different character name but apparently it isn’t displayed to other players, only your Social Club account name is. That seems like an odd way to do it to me, but it looks like the way Rockstar handles displayed names in their multiplayer games like GTA Online.

You can change your Social Club nickname but there’s a restriction on how often you can do it.

Also just learned we have an RDR2 channel in Discord, here https://discordapp.com/channels/120912692503379968/639262299374485504

FYI

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/events

RED DEAD ONLINE

Gift of RDO$100 & Treasure Map

(https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/events/c6FzEWl9/gift-of-rdo100-treasure-map/1)

November 04-11 2019

In-game bonus

All gunslingers who play Red Dead Online between now and November 11th will be rewarded with a gift of RDO$100 and a free Treasure Map, regardless of what platform you play on. The Treasure Map will be found at the Post Office or in your Camp Lockbox, all gifts will be deposited within 24 hours of playing Red Dead Online.

1 Like

Cool, more free stuff! I also linked my Twitch Prime account to my Rockstar Social Club account to unlock the Bounty Hunter license.

I didn’t realize that Twitch Prime is part of Amazon Prime, so I linked all that up to get the freebies.

I didn’t realize it either until I tried linking my Twitch account. :sunglasses:

Today's your last chance to pre-purchase Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC via the Rockstar Launcher and pre-load the game ahead of tomorrow's launch at 8AM ET.

Pre-purchase now: https://t.co/yu4utlU3xs pic.twitter.com/sGZJZ9suLx

— Rockstar Games (@RockstarGames) November 4, 2019

Well the game is now live and thankfully there’s an OTG Discord voice & text channel for it. See you folks later for some bandit killin’! Yeeeehawwwwwwwwwww :cowboy_hat_face:

Launch day woes

Nothing I have tried yet from all the different sources I’ve seen has fixed the freezing issues I’ve had. I was able to play for 90 minutes my first try before the game crashed and I started reviewing and testing settings. Frustrated enough that I’m off to play something else for now :slight_smile:

Well I initially had the game freeze within the first 10 minutes, but then after about 3 hours of play I didn’t have any issues. I did update my drivers first, and I use AMD video cards.

The game so far is pretty cool. I think I am in chapter 3 and haven’t as of yet finished any of the mission objectives like 80% accuracy or doing something in a certain time frame. I guess I suck. Still fun though. It seems more like an interactive movie really. I am liking it a lot.
I did end up creating a character for online, quite by accident actually as I thought I was in the single player game. I didn’t play much at all online though since I think I want to do the single player game first.

poboy77 is my rockstar name