New World Chapter Newsletter - April 2022

OTG HEADLINES

Keeping the lights on

The funds drive @Cefwyn posted back in march to assist in covering all the associative costs of keeping OTG up and running was a huge success!

On behalf of everyone who is part of OTG and benefits from these services I would like to thank you for your contributions and helping keep all these things running.

Chapter Headlines

Staff updates

Our leadership team has grown and we’ve added two new NCOs to the team: Awduum and Phingers. Chapter members can read more here. Feel free to congratulate or send your condolences to our newest tributes!

Sunset for gamma company

Gamma company has been officially sunset. Procedures for moving any active members into either Omega or Zeta were posted awhile ago. If you haven’t logged in to New World in a while and you find yourself not in a company anymore, don’t sweat it, please post in the #nw-invites-and-afk channel and request an invite. The staff will get you into one of our active companies as quickly as possible.

April Game UPDATE

This month’s update focused on bugs and balance you can read the full patch notes here.

May Game Update

Next month’s update has a little for everyone and the patch notes for the first PTR release can be found here. Of particular note is that 3v3 Arena, a Mutated version of Depths, and 3 new mutations is coming with the may update.

There are some VERY large changes to loadout bonuses that affect healing as well as changes to both healing and constituion perks that affect anyone interested in PVE. I (Sonickat) am encouraging our members to get on PTR test it out and provide any feedback you can to the developers as soon as you can to ensure any feedback we have is presented as early as possible!

Limited easter event

The recent holiday event had us all hopping around killing bunnies in mass genocide trying for a .01% drop rate 1050kg storage chest that puts a corrupted ambiance into our homes. Awduum ran a Sunday event that had one of our members get the rare drop. Congratulations Kardlan and to all who farmed their hearts out to try to get this chest. Condolences and good luck next year to those who weren’t able to get it!

Paid Server Transfers Are Here

Paid server transfers are now available along with region transfers! We are playing on the Ohonoo US-EAST server as Covenant and any OTG members wanting to join our chapter are welcome! Mosey on over to the Join New World Chapter thread in chapter info to get started!

Chapter donations

You may, at your own discretion donate to our company treasury from the company window in-game. We have introduced a treasury log which is posted on the forums and is accessible to our chapter members here.

There is no in-game log to tell us who has deposited what, so if you want recognition or want to earmark a donation for a certain purpose please contact a member of our leadership team and inform them of your donation and any requests you may have associated with that donation. We will attempt to honor reasonable requests to the best of our abilities.

If you are interested in making non-gold donations for prizes for contests or giveaways please feel free to hit me up in-game.

Chapter Grand Prizes

Moving forward and starting with the give away this month there will be a classification of “Chapter Grand Prize” applied to certain contests and prizes. These are prizes that are considerably more valuable than many of our common prizes we give away at events and activities. These grand prizes are intended for our active members and to help promote active chapter participation: you may only win one (1) of these CGPs in a 90 day period and you must be in our in-game companies and have been online in the last 14 days.

This information has been added to our Chapter Policies.

tips and tricks
Your source for small easily digestible nuggets of knowledge provided by members from our community!

HYPOCRATIC OATH
Healing Tip of the Month
By: Caetlyn

Dodging isn’t just for avoiding mobs and projectiles coming at your face. it also increases your healing by 10%. so remember to always be dodging before you cast!

The Frontline
Tanking Tip of the Month
By: Neyland

Ask your DPS and healers what’s not working and adjust. You’ll hear me ask often what can I be doing better. Sometimes that’s missing signals from the boss, improper positioning, hyper focusing on something and missing adds I need to pick up. Understanding tactics and mechanics are so foundational.

The Honing Stone
DPSing Tip of the Month
By: Meeps

The biggest mistake i see melee DPS making: they cannot get between the tank and the boss. Yes, it is a pain in the arse but they must pay attention to win these fights. The other suggestion is that melee dps go full heavy if their positioning is a problem.

bootcamp
PVP Tip of the Month
By: Hondalorian

Is “Don’t Die” short enough for advice? Seriously though…valuing your life is probably the best advice I got. Focus on learning how to dodge, back-up, and stay ‘inline’ (but not bunched up too closely) to your teammates when either pushing or retreating. Staying alive is so much more important than high damage. This is tricky as melee where for things like OPR you will sometimes need to ‘lead the charge’ through the door and try to get on point, but that’s where practicing being aggressive and then pulling back to survive is helpful. Use duels to practice dodging or in OPR use your stuns, use your health potions, or just recruit a nice pocket healer to follow you around!

Time is money friend
Economic Tip of the Month
By: Sonickat

Many people mistake proficiency booster percentage as a chance to get additional material. It is actually a additive yield.

These boosters increase your harvesting yield by that much of your base yield. So if you have a 7% booster active, and you would normally gather 15 items you instead gather 16.

The other cavveat is that this yeild only nets whole units, rounding down. So the boosters don’t help with materials that drop in low quantities to begin with.

Member Spotlight

Meszer been a member of OTG for 14 years. He joined in November 2007.

At which store would you like to max-out your credit card?
Aliana Casa Del Parmigiano – best cheese and cured meat shop in Venice, Italy… would ship it all home and nom nom on it for months.

What was your favorite TV show when growing up?
Tom and Jerry. Who doesn’t love an Underdog success story ( well, mouse )

Choose a movie title for the story of your life.
Boy Interrupted

What was your favorite toy as a kid?
Water guns… always water guns

How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?
29 years. Championship[ Volleyball shoes when we were at Nationals in Montreal, Canada

Can you play any instruments?
NO. But I own 3

What is the oldest thing in your refrigerator?
The last jar of applebutter that my family made before Covid. Probably expired but we may never meet to do another batch in the country hills of South Eastern Ohio.

What is the nerdiest thing you do in your spare time?
Read DnD 5E source material books… a lot

What is your favorite cereal?
Captain Crunch with Crunchberries. Is there any other?. Like for real? c’mon! Admit it!

What, if anything, have you ever re-gifted?
A coffee maker. Because who does drip coffee?.. Umm heck no!

What was the worst punishment you received at school?
I got paddled for disrespecting a male teacher ( Mr. Barnes ) who was a total dick. Three swats from the paddle by Mr. West, the baseball coach at Weisenborn Junior High School. Totally worth it thought. That guy was a dick.

What’s the strangest talent you have?
Not Safe For Forums-- No No No. Not going there. I can tie good knots though!

What was your childhood nickname?
Chucky " Chuckies in lo-ove! " Curse you Rickie Lee Jones!

Do you have any strange phobias?
I panic when I think about dying alone. Oh and shaved coconut . Can’t go near it

What, or who, are you a “closet” fan of?
Parker Young… If you know you know…

What are three things still left on your bucket list?
Scuba Dive the Great Barrier Reef, Return to Italy, Have a Cabana boy bring me a fruity drink on a pristine beach ( somewhere ).

If you could have any one superpower, which would you choose?
Time Travel-- I have questions for Jesus of Nazareth

What is the worst pet you have ever had?
OMG an Iguana… It used to hiss and swipe it’s poo everywhere and at us!. It lasted a month!

welcome to the community

We’ve had 17 new or returning members join our in-game companies this month!

Please join me in welcoming the following new and/or returning members of our New World chapter:

Angel Bryamishi (Angel)
Cannatonik (Bishop916)
CoryDarkholme (Brasha)
Cruman
Darkvalor
Demona the Spit (DemonaTheSpit)
Demon The Spit (DemonTheSpit)
Diego D. Reyes (Diego)
Haskaan (feneeshen)
Hondalorian
Keliena
Lux Luminis (Chritopher)
Meldrix (meldrax)
Sergeant Antsy (Ironbars)
v4ris (v8ris)
Yamakawa (MLLynch2K)
Zeke Bluebeard (Stridor)

Make-A-Wish CGP Giveaway

Due to the generous donations of one philantropic chapter member this month's contest is going to be a giveaway of 20k gold.

The winner will be drawn at random from all qualified entrees.

To enter the contest you must post in the giveaway announcement thread no later than 12:01AM EST on Sunday, May 15th, 2022. The thread asks you to post a make-a-wish style post of what you’d do with the 20k gold if you won the contest.

Please note that this contest prize is considered a Chapter Grand Prize (CGP). Eligibility to win a CGP is restricted to roster members of our in-game companies whome have been online in the last 14 days at time of a contest end. Winners may only win one (1) CGP per 90 days.

contributors wanted

If you have tips or tricks that you think would be helpful to others, an idea for an article, a contest idea, news, or anyother content you think might be great for our newsletter then I want to hear from you! Please DM me and share your idea!
2 Likes