[Finished] PF2 - Outlaws of Alkenstar (Saturdays, 8-11 EDT)

Soon to be unemployed again here, so I will import the one I created back when I had the subscription, then update manually.

I might have a problem, I built two different flavors of Shield Magus as well. Way too much down time between adventures for my mental health :smiley:

This brings me to a grand total of 14 conceptualized characters:
3 Tanks
4 Healers
2 Melee dps
4 Ranged dps
1 Driver

in my defense, upon conceptualizing them there at least two that I wouldnā€™t play in this adventure at all, one being an undead eidolon due to rules issues. The second being my original bartender automaton, who is just too good (aligned)of a character for this adventure.

Saturday better hurry up and get here before I think of something else to make.

1 Like

Wait, Rando didnā€™t tell you that we decided to play Champions instead? :wink:

lol, just means this spreadsheet goes into stasis mode

Man, I think you just might have a problem :smirk: I have one whole Excel file with a few characters built on it, you have taken the character spreadsheeting to a whole new level.

Well you could always hold a Character intervention for him at Session 0!!!

Mith

Iā€™ve got a metric poop-load of overhead NPC/PC tokens now. We could try those instead of the circular tokens weā€™ve used in the past if yā€™all like.

Sure. I made some with token tool, but if you have a decent one for a gobbo rogue, ill bite :slight_smile:

Iā€™m game to see what overhead model tokens you got!

Holy shit snacks itā€™s session zero tonight YEAYAH!

Never thought I would be so excited to play PF2e again but Iā€™m trying to turn a corner here with my anti-PF2e mentality and just look at it as another system to get to play some ttrpg with people I enjoy playing with so YEAYAH!

1 Like

YEAYAH! :mega:

is it time yet?

Managing Expectations: Itā€™s session ZERO tonight!

Iā€™m currently converting a poopload of the overhead tokens to .webp to save some um disk space 'n shit. I have no idea how Foundry caches campaign data player-side since yā€™all are connecting via your (preferably Chrome-based) browser of choice.

[Edit] Went from 262 MB of .PNGs to 40 MB of .webp. Noice! This is just the PC-looking humanoids and hero tokens.

Speaking of which, is anyone making a non- humanoid? Or has some sort of animal companion, construct, familiar, etc?

Iā€™m a ghost in the ether ā€¦ does that count?

Mith

I have a bunch of (tokens of) those!

Do I need to resurrect my Kobold Kavalier koncept?

I may or may not have a companion of some form, it depends on who makes it off the spreadsheet :smiley:

A few things of note about Tex Arcana, Half-Orc Fighter soon to have Marshal Dedication. Tex Arcana is gonna be all about hacking up foes, taking damage, being hard to kill with a focus on striking fear into enemies. The Marshal aura gained from the archetype dedication has a 10ft emanation and will initially give anyone in it a +1 save against Fear. At lvl 4 I get the Dream Marshal Stance, this adds an effect to the aura that gives anyone in it a bonus to damage equal to the amount of damage dice of the weapon I am currently using. Also, anyone that is in the aura that critically hits a target causes it to be frightened 1.

Now we add to and chain off the frightened effect. Shatter Defenses (class feat) at lvl 8 will let me cause a frightened target to be flat-footed if I hit it. Battle Cry (skill feat) at at lvl 8 as well to try and demoralize with initiative rolls. Fearsome Brute (class) at lvl 10 to do extra damage to frightened targets.

Iā€™m focusing on Stealth and Intimidation skill upgrades and getting Armored Stealth to help reduce heavy armor penalties to Stealth. Iā€™ll be boosting Intimidation as much as I can. The Dread Marshall Stance skill so it sucks if I fail or critically fail the roll. If I crit succeed on the roll the auraā€™s emanation increases to 20ft.

Taking some half-orc feats to make it harder for me to die. One human ancestry feat to get the Shield spell as an innate cantrip. Getting Toughness for extra health. And of course taking some other fighter feats past lvl 10 to increase my dps.

Thatā€™s about it for Tex Arcana. Gonna be big, gonna be scary. Gonna be mean, but not so much to companions.

guess I will follow Ryukanā€™s example. (I came back and edited the name)

Kadenza, is a cleric of Brigh, and a female Elf with Aphorite Heritage. She has a fascination with clockworks, and as an extension of that, time. She will not be in the front lines, she is soft and squishy (and I dont intend to take archetypes to change that). She will however be dabbling in Inventor as her free archetype, I need to look at the inventor archetype again, but i am pretty sure she is just going to have some clockwork companion of some sort.

Kadenzaā€™s appearance is like most any other elf, though with a copper hue to her skin. At a glance one would assume this is due to time in the sun, but there is a definite metallic sheen to her skin thanks to her Aphorite Heritage. On closer inspection there appear to be hints of crystalline motes under her skin that appear to move as she breathes, almost like a clockwork.

The real fun for Kadenza will begin at lvl 6 when she also picks up the Time Mage dedication, at lvl 8 she will pick up some additional time based spells that she can cast, including the party favorite, haste. Kadenza is 100% support, she will be picking up healing hands to increase her heal output, and has some flexibility to be able to pickup some additional medicine feats to heal more outside of combat too (im not decided). Though I do plan to pick up versatile Font, so it is possible if everyone can keep from taking a ton of damage during combat that she might throw some harms instead of heals.

*edit - changed the character name to match

1 Like

OK that is character choice #1, what about the other 20 something you got in that spreadsheet? :smirk: