Apologies for not seeing this sooner, but thank you. I’m going to wait. I don’t want to be disappointed or spoiled. I watched DatModz on Twitch last night, and he got the graphics bug, and I was sad for him. So, I’ll choose to wait.
That does sound like fun, I look forward to playing again with you guys.
I played the beta weekend and had a blast.
We should definitely get something organized for launch. Having folks to play with will help a lot, especially since they apparently snuck in some forced-PvP spots into the PvE stuff and they were, predictably, magnets for children.
I went ahead and ordered a copy. Please let me know if OTG organizes a chapter
We have been discussing it more on OTG DUNE discord channel. You’ll get more real time updated info there.
Oh, I thought they were not doing private servers for the game?
They will be. Not quite sure how that will work. It’s possible it will be just the seitch and not the DD. FUNCOM did say there will zero mods allowed. They do not own the rights to DUNE.
Yeah probably 30-40 person servers like exiles, but Deep Desert will join a Public server. Only benefits for private will likely be the lack of PvP at crashed ships, building site availability and perhaps settings for base erosion.
Yeah they said you can turn the storms off too. Wish you could turn stupid quicksand off. Freaking hate that stuff.
its not a problem once I figured it out, but lost my first bike to it heading North
Finally got eaten by sand worm, took too long stripping a crashed ship ![]()
Haha I got hit twice by quicksand. I was running from a worm that was so close. I was almost to the rock and got hit by that dang qs. I still had map fog and didn’t know it was there. I panicked. ![]()
I stopped playing until launch. Been in since January. Limited how deep I went so it would be new. Found lots of hidden stuff exploring tho.
Ack, I did not know about quicksand. Well that should be interesting.
I hope you were able to play in the beta. Anyone who pre-ordered had access to the beta weekend. I didn’t realize this until Saturday Afternoon, when I saw that a beta install was available for install on Steam. Access was listed in the perks of pre-order, but it would have been nice to have had a reminder,
That wasn’t part of the original beta weekend plans. Even with a pre-order you needed a beta key. That lasted until Saturday afternoon when they opened up the beta weekend to all pre-orders.
Yeah I got a chance to play in the last beta weekend and from that I was confident in my pre-order and the game definitely clicked with me. Looking forward to Thursday something fierce.
Yes. Above all the npc’s and even Shai Hulud itself, you will fear and respect the quicksand more than anything else. It shows no mercy.
Whoa really suffering from the Mind Killer over that QS. ![]()
Pfffft just you wait and see.