[Closed] PF2 - Gatewalkers (Thursday, 7:30-10:30 EDT), trading off with Grapper, et al

We start the campaign this week right?

Hahahahahaha!!! Hahaha! Ha! ~weeze~ Hmmā€¦

1 Like

thatā€™s not a noā€¦

new character, new VTT. feels like a whole new game to me.

Not trying to put pressure on you, Iā€™m just excited for the new game. Having ran so many games myself I know itā€™s a lot of workā€¦ :innocent:

So umā€¦ I bought Gatewalkers 1 and 2 and maybeā€™ll read 'em this weekend.

But weā€™re still on for Hellā€™s Rebels next week. Honest.

2 Likes

I fergot to askā€¦

1. Do any of the party members know each other before the protest in the park?

2. Are any of the party members locals in Kintargo/Ravounel?

3. Did anyone take a noble background?

The adventure is going to be a bit weird if the majority of the party arenā€™t locals as in why are they starting a rebellion against Chelish control of Kintargo.

So letā€™s definitely say that Slippery Pete is from Kintargo, at least more recently. However, youā€™ll have to choose a location in the city where he could be working at an orphanage that is secretly run by Cayden Caileanā€™s clergy, where he would be known as ā€œBrother Peter.ā€

I doubt he would have known the other party members ahead of time. Did not take noble background.

Sir Chauncy Cavinaugh had heard that ā€œthe artsā€ were accepted and promoted here. So he relocated Kintargo. He has been working here for quite some time.

Iā€™m certain that most of the party has heard of me. Iā€™m kind of a big deal. If they havenā€™t seen me on stage then they probably just got here.

Iā€™m not a noble but I am often mistaken for nobility, you know because of my obvious noble bearing. I do however rub elbows with the nobility regularly. Usually backstage after yet another stunning performance on stage.

1 Like

Zuzu is from Kintargo. If any other characters are lower class we may know each other.

Well shitā€¦

I made the mistake? of installing the two Gatewalkers modules (along with TWELVE other community made add-ons) and it umā€¦ looks fā€™n cool.

Iā€™ll read the first module tonight and see if I like it.

Bestest Case Scenario:

• I hate it and we play Hellā€™s Rebels next week

Best Case Scenario:

• I like it and transfer everyoneā€™s characters to the new adventure, 'cause any/all characters are appropriate to the adventure
  • none of this ā€œmust be localā€ crap, in fact itā€™s assumed that none of the party are locals in the first adventuring locale

Worst Case Scenario:

• yā€™all make new level 1 characters
1 Like

My character should work fine in any campaign.

I was looking a bit more at Treasure Vault this morningā€¦ there is a LOT of magical food. Makes me want to make a chef character.

Well, if Rando is leaning more towards the Gatekeepers adventure, then Iā€™ll support it because it should be less effort required on his end to prep things. Thatā€™s what I would value as a DM, not sure about Rando, but Iā€™ll go with the premise that time is valuable and prepping takes a lot of it.

If we switch, Iā€™d still be willing to play a cleric provided Rando keeps the free archetype rule going (though Iā€™d change race and other options). Without the free archetype, I think Iā€™d swap to a druid or something more versatile than a cleric.

Ok weā€™re doing it. Itā€™s pretty cool. Itā€™s an X-Files adventure set in a fantasy RPG world with shades of Lovecraft, and a dash of Burroughs thrown in for good measure.

Reworking the OP. For the last time. Honest.

OP updated. Weā€™ve even got a trailer!

Thereā€™s a new link to the playerā€™s guide. Gist of which is: Rebellion management rules are out, strange character options in the from of Deviant Feats are in.

Honestly the party/characters yā€™all have now are perfectly fine for the adventure. You are of course free to make whatever changes you want (like add the free Deviant feat). Iā€™m gonna import the current characters into the campaign regardless.

Some of the missing features/wants we talked about last Thursday about Foundry have hopefully been mitigated by the 12 new non-Gatewalkers modules weā€™ve got installed now.

And of course everything is ready to go right out of the box: tokens, statblocks, treasure, maps, lighting, wall occlusion, art, playerā€™s guide, gazetteers, etc.

I hate myself for doing it but I may have to swap out Champion for Sentinel. Iā€™m having a hard time choosing a Champion to fit this AP. Redeemer might work because the tenets shouldnā€™t interfere too much since most of the time Iā€™m not attacking in round 1 anywayā€¦ but there is also the fact that Sir Chauncy Cavinaugh really worships himself rather than a deity.

I lose a lot of the cool stuff I wanted with Champion like Divine Ally: Shield and most importantly dropping from heavy to medium armor so my AC goes down by 1.

I guess the REAL problem Iā€™m having is resolving why this conceited actor would choose a life of investigating whatā€™s going onā€¦ in the Hellā€™s Rebels he was trying to free his audience so they would love him and come watch his showsā€¦ but I canā€™t get my head around a WHY for this one,

On the other hand I had NO trouble choosing a background from this AP. I could have used a few of them actually and flavored them to fit him and I pan on writing my own background description using one of the others as a template.

Maybe his motivation comes from what he saw in the gateway? Maybe he is trying to figure out this mystery because he really wants to try to make the vision he saw come true. Also trying to redeem enemies rather than kill them is always a good idea because Sir Chauncy Cavinaugh should be able to turn any critic into a fan right? The power of his presence, his aura of awesomenessā€¦ these things SHOULD be enough to turn someoneā€™s heart from hate to loveā€¦ of him.

Thanks everyone for helping me talk this outā€¦ I think Iā€™m going to be ok

Things that are the same about my character:
Still a halfling.
Still a cloistered cleric.

Changes to my character:
Background from Fed-Up Citizen to Sense of Belonging (campaign specific).
Religion from Cayden Cailean to Erastil.
Domain from Trickery to Nature.
Name from Slippery Pete to Milo.
Ability scores and skills changed accordingly.

Iā€™ll need to update the picture I posted, since holding a mug doesnā€™t make sense anymore, but Iā€™ll get to that eventually. Not worried about it right now.

Iā€™m not sure my character concept works as well with this. Iā€™ll look at making something new.

I may be late or no show if we play this week it turns out. My daughter is flying to Spain Friday morning to do student teaching for two months. So we are doing a big family dinner Thursday night.