[Closed] PF2 - Gatewalkers (Thursday, 7:30-10:30 EDT), trading off with Grapper, et al

No one’s taking the Noble Scion feat right? Right?!?!

I wasn’t planning on it. I need the feat from Musical Prodigy.

I do not plan to take Noble Scion, no.

no, I didn’t use any of the setting backgrounds. I tried, but didn’t find any that really fit. :frowning:

I might look over them again and see if something fits… but I was in the same boat as Grapper.

I’m not in this campaign but I looked at the setting backgrounds and none of them fit my character either.

4 Likes

Game day.

And like I told Deamoro I’ll be playing a Gunslinger Pistolero

1 Like

I still haven’t had the time to look at the guide…. So maybe I’ll take it maybe I won’t.

I also may not make tonight. I have a meeting at school for my daughter. If it doesn’t go to long I’ll still try and get on at 7:30.

1 Like

I read the book sitting in this meeting. Still not sure what to do…

1 Like

try and pop in if you can Mak, we may go live for this campaign next week

Can’t sleep.

Took the liberty of reworking/remaking the tokens of the three characters y’all have already posted so they match the tokens from the Paizo/Foundry bestiaries that we’ll be using.

The ones we’ll use in Foundry are in .webp format and are ~10-15% smaller (file size).

3 Likes

looks good, thanks

2 Likes

PC_Slippery-Pete

3 Likes

Alrighty… I’m at a dance competition for my daughter. I brought my laptop to play COD in between her dances. Got bored with that and have been making characters and will probably make some more. Currently Im undecided on what to play and have the below set to go…

Cleric- War priest x2 versions
Barbarian
Psychic- This one using Nobel Scion (although not sure Ill play it)
Bard
Summoner

Now to figure out who to play… LOL

1 Like

!

/3char

1 Like

you have a whole party all by your self

1 Like

My completely unsolicited 2cp:

War Priest(s)

• they can be “tankish”
  • extra healing is always nice; being able to blast devils in this campaign is going to be super helpful
  • if this campaign only went to level 10/11 then I’d say “sure!” but it doesn’t and warpriests fall off a cliff in viability at the end game - they can’t hit things like the other melee and can’t cast spells (well) like the other casters

Barbarian
caveat: I’ve never liked barbarians in any system so my prejudices might be showing

• very flavourful; throwing furniture at people, using ridiculous big weapons, swatting flying creatures out of the air!
  • “tankish”
  • unfortunately - mechanically speaking - they’re just a worse fighter in almost every way
  • it’s an urban adventure, barbarians would be out of of place (that could be what you are going for RP-wise though)

Psychic

• I’ve “heard” they get kinda boring at higher levels 'cause they have less spells than other casters and rely on just casting those pumped-up cantrips over and over and over again
  • the party’s already got a Bard who has the occult spell list “handled”
  • not as fiddly as the thaumaturge but more so than say classes from the core rulebook

Bard

• awesome class
  • party’s already got one; they could stack as in both bard’s could coordinate who’s casting which composition cantrip/focus spells - but doubling up on the occult spell list isn’t really bringing anything new to the party

Summoner

• overly fiddly for not a whole lot of gain
  • don’t think of it is a caster, it’s just a worse melee character who can rarely cast spells

I think the party could use some more damage (the best condition is dead) and/or some “tanking”, therefore I vote for the barbarian.

2 Likes

Don’t let the fact that I’m playing a Bard stop you from playing one if that’s what you want. My Bard is going to be in melee but not really doing much in the way of melee damage. It IS nice to have 2 or 3 good songs/performances whatever going at once.

If you want to melee you could always take fighter and add in the barbarian as your free dedication to get some of the barbarian flavor but with the fighter too hit bonus.

You know, I worded my last post badly.

Barbarians are fine. Perfectly playable. It’s just fighters are on the broken side.

Ditto for summoners - completely viable.