Catch Up with Safari

goes over to where Senzo said to

1 Like

Be patient she doesn’t have opposable thumbs so it took her a little longer. But this cat tends to be camera shy so I just had to roll with it. It’s 4 minutes long. Wiggles Nicknamed
Wiggy Doons. Yeah that’s my voice trying to encourage her.

That kitty door is locked and I also put a second barrier hanging from the other side in an attempt to keep them out when I don’t want them in my office. Nothing works she still gets in. So much for trying to do something nice for these brats to allow them to enter my office without having to get up and open the door for them.

2 Likes

There is no text to speech enabled in Discord 8*-(
if speech is enabled in the channel there is no text box at all 8*-(
I can hear people talk but no way to answer back at all
definitely a downgrade for me

1 Like

She is saying Just open the damn door now, remember I know where you sleep :smile:

1 Like

I read a long time ago that refer a friend was applicable in SWTOR if you introduced a new player or brought back an old player to subscription status. @Duvago if you don’t have a Kurtob Alliance yet this is your chance to get one. You get dibs because you are a Die Hard star wars Fan. Email me the referral link ASAP. You know the details. I hope it’s still valid. You even get cartel coins for a few months while the player remains subscribed.

Now it might be the same for WoW bringing back an inactive player. I would like either @Alphea or @Senzoba to get the double dink mount opportunity. You already have it Duvago. But it might not be applicable in WoW. Fellhorn tried to revive his account but ended up starting a new one that’s how I got my double dink rocket. To those who have forgotten how to speak Aussie. That’s a mount that can carry a friend.

You have to be quick about it though because I need to get the downloads started. I need to click these links before I log in. @Duvago quickly start with SWTOR refer a friend because that was real what I read. But may have been taken away. Only do it if you Do NOT already have a kurtob alliance speeder let Senzo or Alphea do it.

@Alphea @Senzoba check your private messages for my email address. The referral with the earliest timestamp gets the opportunity to try. But forego if you already have a double dink mount.

1 Like

SWTOR referal link sent @Safari .

Not sure if WoW still does the double mount any more. I was looking at the refer a friend page a couple days ago and it didnt mention the carry a friend mounts. Instead they have a bunch of monthly rewards.

1 Like

@Safari

2 Likes

@Alphea it looks like Discord should be able to do text to speech in chat channels, but the admins have disabled it. You should ask the admins if they can grant you permissions individually to use text to speech.

1 Like

@Alphea If this helps…

On Discord, text channels are completely different from the voice channels. If folks know you are listening and participating in the conversation, they will generally watch the corresponding text channel for your comments. This is how it is commonly how this is addressed with Discord, so it’s something folks would be used to seeing and doing.

A quick Google (thanks so much @juulz!) shows this is a user setting, not a server setting. So both you and anyone you’d want to communicate using this feature would need to enable it on their own client. I do not recall if this is on or off by default.

PS Try this: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/212517297-Text-to-Speech-101

Be sure to check out our suggestions area on the forum! https://forums.oldtimersguild.com/c/feedback-suggestions/3

1 Like

With mumble it was up to each person to have the settings turned on. They were usually on by default.

I’m so glad you figured it out. I would have been absolutely devastated to not be able to hear my precious pain in the ass friend @Alphea, I’ll make it a bucket list item to hear Alphea speak before I die.

@Duvago my toons was doing the /slowdance she is dead now I had to kill off all the Shadowlands characters in order to make room for all my toons from Sith Meditation Sphere. OMG that was before we could purchase character slots with cartel coins.

Oh those were the days. sighs

That was also when I first met you running around on Arsenal your trooper. You poor poor man what did you do to deserve such a disruption to your life to have it invaded by the Cyclone Safari. LMAO HEHEHE THAT’S FUNNY.

How the heck are you still sane?

Not long now… Stay tuned

hugs from

Safari
PS: did you see the pic I posted in Happy Star Wars Day 2020 Thread?

1 Like

Also thought that I should let you know that my Tuesday’s, your Monday night’s and @Alphea her half an half between the two, are my busiest day. It’s Bin and kitty litter day.

Seafood Sunday was the day I used to make the cats meat for the week. But by giving them a Mackerel Monday, I have shifted this task to NOT coincide with your Saturday nights. I’m aiming to get it done Midweek instead. I can’t change Bin Day because that’s set by the local council. But at least I am freeing up my weekends for OTG. I can’t do anything about the Doctors because the bugger starts late during the week. At least that’s only once every 28 days.

This Thursday I’m having a CT Scan. I planned it like this because, my power supplier is doing scheduled maintenance and I’ll have no power. That’s your Wednesday night. At least I’ll be out of the house for most of the power cut.

The bastards did this on one of the hottest days last summer and I begged them to NOT do the work that day. But they didn’t listen.

They had to cut it short though because when it gets to a certain temperature. They have to stop working by law hahaha. Bunch of Doofi should have listened to me.

If I’m not too tired when I finish cleaning the cats shitboxes, I’ll connect everything together and start the humongous task ahead of me.

Hugs from Safari

1 Like

Never happen 8s

1 Like

I’m looking for old friends that I have been thinking about.

@SlayerD are you SlayerD59 of old?
I Can’t find Zarcon because I don’t recall how to spell his old forum name right.
Unext is missing or changed his name.
Klarseth also incognito does anyone know of where they might be or what their name is now?

@jokes420 okay this coming up almost made me cry. I’m testing mentions Jokes buddy I hope you are active somewhere.

@lucky is this the lucky I know from WoW. One of the most awesome fountains of WoW knowledge that has been my privilege to know?

@Kenai can it be, I hope you are well Kenai and kept your health nice and strong.

@Cleanheartz to a brilliant man. I have not heard from in a while, hope you are keeping safe from the virus.

There are many more folks I’ve been thinking about but remembering how you spelled your forum names is not my strongest skill sadly.

The loss of my friends list at vB5 was the loss of something precious. I hope and pray that I can reconnect with you in the new mumble.

@Bear can it really be my Teddy Bear?

Edit added a couple more
@Rando OMG is it the old Rando I can’t find Lindana.

@Fredolf who was in a state of Wedded bliss last I read :smiley:

Barrake is not coming up is there a spelling change?

1 Like

@Safari I talked with cleandeath about a week or 2 ago in discord so yes he is doing alright and its zercon and I haven’t seen him since leaving mumble but it looks like he’s on the forums

1 Like

I have a feeling there might be 2 zarconn zirconn or Zercon I think there were two at the time with slightly different spellings. I will know when I hear their voice. I think the one with the E in their name was the other one. Not the one I’m talking about. But I can’t be sure until I hear them speak. I’m referring to the one that played SWTOR with us and SlayerD59. We spent hours together in SWTOR.

Guess what @Senzoba I’ll be turning my pc on for the first time in about half an hour.

I edited this post added more words so read it again @Senzoba

2 Likes

Yeah now that I think about it I do know who you’re talking about. My ears will be ready when you get in discord

1 Like

I saw your edit change before my eyes how cool is that

1 Like

This is where being dyslexic really sucks. I’m pretty sure the Zercon spelled way was the other guy. But like I said I will know from their voice. The Zercon member I only knew as an acquaintance. But the Zar as we called him I knew well. If I’m not getting their names vice versa’d

1 Like

Yeah like I said I know who you’re talking about

1 Like

I knew you would. Bloody nora there are more words in that other post with no editing tag so does that mean the forum shows what you are typing before you post it?

Boy do we have some analyzing to do.

1 Like