What will be the class you play for your main character

For those with more knowledge than I have, is there a good hybrid (melee/magic or melee/heals)?

Looking at the Paladin so far.

That’s a good choice for melee/support. As far as other classes go you’ll find that the playstyles for them are a bit, hmm, different than in games of the past. Deadeye for instance is a ranged class but likes to be in melee range with the shotguns . If I had to make suggestions though they would be:

1. Paladin
  2. Soulfist
  3. Shadowhunter
  4. Deadeye
  5. Arcana (not available on release)

In general though the best way to approach the game is with the idea of having multiple characters then deciding which one fits you best followed by playing/progressing that one. The game is very alt friendly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. Those you listed caught my eye for sure but videos only tell you so much.

1 Like

I was looking at mage or gunner. I do love some ranged DPS. But the game’s vast amount of info dump has confused me a bit so I’ll see how it feels when I get there.

@Chevette Have you watched the Legacy Gaming vids on Youtube? I was overwhelmed with the info as well and the dude’s videos helped me out a lot and convinced me to not only play but preorder too.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation! I’ll have a look at those vids!

1 Like

Ditto. I just binged watched four of them and my mind is overfull with details.

I just overloaded my brain and narrowed down my class interest to 4 potential ones based on feedback, articles, videos, etc… I always have to have a main so that will be the next decision.

1 Like

Codiak is a cool guy who really has his act together. I’ve been following Legacy Gaming for quite some time.

2 Likes

Yeah, agreed. I was very surprised at his “Which founder’s pack should you buy?” video. He recommended the $15 unless you are like totally sold on the game and broke down what everything was. It was very helpful and refreshing not to have to feel like I was being forced into the $100 like ESO now forces you into mega-houses. :slight_smile:

Agree as well. He was chill and didn’t try to hype or push stuff. And he is very clear in his videos when he’s saying something that is his opinion, and is provable fact. I like that. I don’t want hype, I want like…news.-lol-

1 Like

I never played a mage class in any game; however I loved my Bard Jondin, in EQ so I plan to remake him here.

You might have to switch the name to Jondina though…;D

I’m going to go look at some legacy gaming too because all the videos I’ve been looking at have been really confusing. I was thinking about Paladin but not sure I’d be able to handle people depending on me for buffs and some heals, might try zerker at first and probably a few more and hope for the best.

Okay, I’ve narrowed my classes down to Bard, ShadowHunter, Scrapper(hate the name), and probably a Paladin.

1 Like

Paladin, ShadowHunter, Bard and Deathblade for me as of right now.

I’m not sure. As it’s alt friendly, I’ll be trying warrior, sorceress, gunner. Heck, I’ll add martial artist but not touching assassin :stuck_out_tongue: Names will be variations on Taff, if I can get it!

Narrowing it down for first toon. Gunlancer.

I looked at more videos of Shadowhunter and decided to make my first toon as easy as possible for me, so i’m going to level a Sorceress first instead. I can work on harder classes after i get my bearings.

1 Like

No specific order and main is TBD, Gunlancer, Pally, Berserker

Blaster (Artillarist) until Scouter drops