What was the first music album you bought?

Foreigner 4.

5 Likes

OMGoodness

1962 HITS ARCHIVE: Hully Gully Baby - Dovells - YouTube

1 Like

Omg…so cringe, but so true :blush:

I was 12…gimme a break lol

3 Likes

@Jalinah

Oh my. It may not have been my first album, but you were not alone. :grimacing:

1 Like

was my first album i bought with my own money. still love the band.

2 Likes

My first was at 13 in 1985. Had to have it because MTV was not allowed to be aired in my town at the time. I swore Footloose was about my town.

2 Likes

Good memories are tied to this album… :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

My first Kiss album I ever purchased and still the best!

Have both of these in my collection. Pablo Cruise was the best after hours music ever created :smile:

2 Likes

The Osmonds and David Cassidy were big with my female cousins when we were going up. I would always make the puking face when they would cackle about them. heh

Awesome group.

1 Like

Sorry for the necro posts. I just saw this pop up in the suggested topics.

My first album was:

First 8-Track was:

First CD was:

I can’t remember the first cassette…very fuzzy time in my life…=)

1 Like

This was the second album I ever bought but my first cassette tape to play on my first Walkman.

My fault for starting the necro post. I changed some settings for my feed and this popped up.

It’s so funny to see I eventually had most all the albums mentioned here. It made me go put together a Amazon prime music playlist for the 80s. Specifically 1984. Good times.

2 Likes

It’s cool that you did. I like seeing things like this. I too have the majority of the albums mentioned here (no Osmonds or David Cassidy though (cringes still)).

2 Likes

It is unfortunate how Jaco Pastorius story ended up.

1 Like

This is a thread that should be regularly necro’d :smiley:

5 Likes

Speaking of necro, the original poster finally pipes in. lol Def some cringers and classics in here. Can’t say I ever heard anything from Taco but the Puttin’ on the Ritz. I’m a fan of his name tho! lol

1 Like

ELO - A New World Record. Was actually one of about 8 I got when I joined the Columbia House Record club, but this one started my life long fandom of ELO.

3 Likes

One of their best albums ever, and what a blast from the past when you said Columbia House. Holy crap I remember taking advantage of the great deals they had. Those were the days, but now all you have to do is download it…where’s the fun in that, right?

1 Like