Upcoming PF2 Adventures (+ D&D)!

So…

What have we got coming adventure wise in PF2 in the next year or so.

The current AP is Blood Lords:

The undead nation of Geb gains most of its trade from the export of food grown on zombie-worked farms, but one farm has been the site of a series of strange occurrences. The Blood Lords Adventure Path, is a six-part, monthly campaign in which the characters rise from skilled troubleshooters to join the Blood Lords who rule a land of the dead.

I’m not running it, but one of y’all is and I’m playing.

Either next month - or maybe October, shipping gods willing - we’re finally getting the updated Kingmaker AP (for PF2, PF1, and even 5E). The total page count is roughly the same as the CRB for PF2 ~ 650 pages! (There’s no product page - at least at Paizo.com - for this that I can find.)

I’m not running it, but one of y’all is and I’m playing.

Sometime next year, I’m not exactly sure when, we’ll be getting a consolidated Fists of the Ruby Phoenix AP where they combine all three softcover manuals into a single hardcover book, probably with some editing and tweaking and stuff. Which means it’ll likely get the Foundry treatment. as well Yay. This one is a 3-parter that runs from levels 11-20.

The time has come again for the Ruby Phoenix Tournament! The sorcerer Hao Jin has invited only the strongest martial artists, adventurers, and fortune seekers to her world-famous fighting competition. The motley roster of contenders must compete for this decade’s champion title and the choice of one of the Ruby Phoenix’s grand treasures. Who will come out on top, and who will be left in the dust? There’s only one way to find out! The Fists of the Ruby Phoenix Adventure Path is a three-part series of connected adventures that compose a complete Pathfinder campaign.

Then in April '23 (to June '23) we’re getting the Stolen Fate AP (no product page as of yet), another 11-20 3-parter, this one involving the Harrow - Golarion’s version of the Tarot - which featured prominently in the Curse of the Crimson Throne PF1 AP, the Carrion Crown PF1 AP and the one-off PF1 adventure The Harrowing.

So that’s two 11-20 adventures coming to possibly conclude the two 1-11 adventures I’m currently running (or soon to be running.)

My current thinking is:
Abomination Vaults → Stolen Fate
Outlaws of Alkenstar → Fists of the Ruby Phoenix

This could mean that there might be gap in between both campaigns depending on how long it takes for the new content to come out and/or how quickly y’all finish the current content.

sounds good to me, im sure you can delay :rofl:

maybe one of us will run a mini-campaign to fill the gap.

I love DDO but perhaps they can update their graphic on par to at least Guild Wars 2

So one of y’all is also going to be running the new Dragonlance (Shadow of the Dragon Queen) adventure this holiday season! I’m soooo excited.

1 Like

The Kingmaker Player’s Guide is available publicly now in all of it’s 87 page glory.

For those who remember my (brief) Horizons of the Vast campaign… aka Space Kingmaker… well… um… yeah.

Yes I remember I was one of those, if not the only, who was enjoying it before it went kaput.

If there is any OTG campaign with an opening I would love to join. I have played a variety of ttrpgs going back 20+ years.

I run two games, Saturday and Sunday, unfortunately both are closed. I play in @grapper’s game on Thursday, it is also closed. I don’t know about any others. :frowning:

So, I’ve just recently started a new job so I’m pretty busy at the moment but I’m hoping that once I’ve kind of settled in I’ll have time to run a campaign.

I am not very good at commitments for GM’ing so I’m thinking I’ll try to run the first adventure of the Bloodlords AP and if that goes well and everyone is having fun and I’m not getting too stressed then I will keep running it. Most likely it would be a Friday night thing.

I’ll make a separate thread in the channel once my work situation has settled a bit (hopefully in the next 2-4 weeks).

3 Likes

!

/5char

Congrats on the new job @ocelot I know you have been looking for a bit.

Mith

2 Likes

Congrats on the new job! I will watch for your future thread on new campaigns.

1 Like

Something to think about in regards to avoid getting too burnt out/stressed out/etc running a campaign is that you could schedule the sessions every other week instead of weekly. A couple of DM’s I am playing 5e under do that to give themselves some relief. However, those DM’s also run more than one game a week. Anyhow, just food for thought when you do decide to run something in the future.

2 Likes

I read a post the other day (can’t remember if it was a blog or reddit or what) that the way Paizo does their product roadmaps, they typically release a 1 or more splatbooks in the main Pathfinder product line before releasing a big Lost Omens regional sourcebook and any associated APs.

So over the past year or so for example we got

• Secrets of Magic → Strength of Thousands → Mwangi Expanse
  • Guns & Gears → Outlaws of Alkenstar
  • Book of the Dead → Blood Lords → Impossible Lands
  • Dark Archive → ??

And recently they’ve announced:

• Rage of Elements → ??

So thinking about where Paizo might be going next, it sounds like they’re gearing up for something in Tian Xia (Golarian’s East Asia). From what I understand, the Kineticist is an Asian themed character class. If they do this, I really hope they also release another splatbook with some additional martial classes/archtypes for things like Samurai or Ninjas. That is my hope at least.

Of course a playable Drow ancestry would always be nice :smiling_imp:

So @ocelot was right!

Tian Xia!

Who’s runnin’ it?

1 Like

I hope they bring in some martial oriented class archetypes. Would be amazing to wield a katana or a jian as a monk or a wakizashi as a rogue!

I had so much fun playing oriental adventures, back in the day. Loved the honor system, and the concept of iaijutsu.

Every week and 3-4+ hours sessions are too much. Every other weeks sounds better, at least until I see if I can get into things (never played a VTT-keep starting to look into it but don’t get far). Even if more freq., I’d prefer shorter sessions, like 2h. Hard to commit to more time.

So um… Seven Dooms for Sandpoint!

Sounds interesting! You should definitely read all of these so you can tell us if it’s any good.