Twinkie?

deep_fried_chocolate_1

the latest craze here in Scotland since the deep fried Mars bar

1 Like

Never have liked twinkies. I mean, I have a sweet tooth, sure, but those things are TOO sugary.

Twinkies don’t rot … they ‘Evolve’. Takes about 25 years sitting on a back shelf in any fine grocier or your local 7-11.

3 Likes

That’s disturbing on so many levels

1 Like

They arrived today. Time for the verdict. I’m very glad to have ticked this off my bucket list.

To sum it up in one word, VILE!

They tasted somewhat… chemical is the term I think that best describes my experience. The Ho-Ho wasn’t any better unfortunately. After that I didn’t want to try the Sno Balls yet but I’m guessing it will be more of the same experience.

There was also this weird lingering after-taste that added to the chemical descriptor.

1 Like

Read the materials listing to see if you can identify any ingredients that are really food. I think you might find it rather…interesting (which is about all I can say). I’ll wager there is probably just sugar and any number of weird naming ingredients that offer absolutely nothing healthy.

On the other hand you might just research what goes into those things and see what Google has to offer about that …non-food item. Probably sugar will be the only recognizable ingredient you’ll find. :grimacing:

1 Like

Sugar + Preservatives = VILE

1 Like

I think deep frying them would be an improvement

Looking at the picture carefully, I’d surmise that they fried up the chocolate covered twinkies I saw among the other USA Foods that Catch are selling to unsuspecting Aussies.

I’m so glad I chucked a box of Cadbury Roses Chocolates in my shopping cart or the order would gave been a total waste. LoL, I used them to cleanse my pallet of the twinkie and Ho-Ho chemical after-taste.

What am I meant to do with the remaining ones? I don’t think they’ll breakdown in my compost, my garden is 100% organic. I don’t want to poison my good garden insects or let the ants possibly turn into marvel superhero or villains and now having tasted these bad boy’s I’d be more likely to get vengeful villains over an adorable Ant Man.

1 Like

Extoll their virtues to your fellow Aussies, tell them they’re not as toxic as most spiders and they should really try them. Spread the… Joy…

2 Likes

Don’t really think most Aussies will fall for that one. I know my mother would not have…all she would have done was look at you over her glasses and raise an eyebrow…all without a word spoken. :joy: :sweat_smile: :rofl:

She perfected that look that pierces to the heart of the matter. I know, my sisters and I were “victims” of that look all our early years.

leave to Oz to screw up the Black Widow

Well, as an adult I can’t imagine any being good, but as a 16 year old it was basically lunch.

Ugh. Well having been raised in Hawai’i from the age of three, I never ran into them at all. Most of my snack food was preserved plumbs, dried seaweed, dried fruit or salted plumbs of many sorts. More oriental flavors that to this day I still fondly remember.

But when I first moved to the Mainland, I almost had a heart attack when presented with these nuggets of American cultural treats. I was appalled which was really funny since most of my own early treats were either salted or brined in one manner or another. So either end of the taste spectrum was dangerous. However, I can imagine as kids it did not matter as long as the taste buds were happy.

1 Like

Our redback spider and your black widows are closely related cousin’s in the Archnid family.

But Talos I’m curious by what you mean by…

I was defending the Twinkie I just forgot to add the twinkie part.

Talos, I don’t get the reference either. How do twinkies and black widow spiders connect? Or is it a reference to some story I’ve never heard of?

Perhaps a better alternative (that should actually taste good):

I was thinking; That twinkies are good not bad but Oz gets everything backwards including getting the black widow red on top instead of on it’s belly :stuck_out_tongue:

aha…ok thanks for that clarification. I just could not figure out what it was that I was missing.

And that recipe for home made little cakes resembling Twinkies is a whole lot of sugar…which I cannot eat any more.

LoL okay reading that actually made me laugh and I finally get the joke and reference.