Throne And Liberty

Will OTG be Starting a guild for that game?

1 Like

The current thought is: Wait and see. It’s been through so many ups and downs, and is still a Korean MMO, which we’ve generally been particularly bad in with how it works and player retention.

Plans? Not until there’s some solid interest. A 5 player guild isn’t going to help anyone :smiley:

I really hope so. I am having fun playing it, but it will really suck if you are not in a large guild.

Open Beta in 10 days.

I’m planning on giving it a try.

I also plan on giving it a shot. Here is the list of Server names for NA East.

1 Like

as long as the client security checks out, I will be playing as well. Been waiting some time to see which way this title goes. My concern beyond the “P2W” stuff are bots. I heard they had some sort of solution that implemented their own version of bots, but not sure about that.

What is the target server to join?

“Their own bots”, or “Autoplay” was a large part of the game before one of the alphas/betas made it very clear that no one was waiting for that.

So it should not be hard for them to re-use that and make it into bots? I imagine?

That makes sense, but what do you mean “no one was waiting for that”? Did it cause stress on the servers or was it more something that deals with Game Dev? I have been seeing a lot of comparison to New World and Ashes of Creation as well. I have a lifetime sub for Ashes, and not sure if getting into Throne & Liberty makes sense (as far as getting a pre-order) with Ashes Alpha 2 so close.

They did an early beta sort of thing where the combat was still awful, the autoplay was still in, the game bots were still in, and it was so badly received that they pretty much changed everything. Very comparable in that regard to New World and its original beta with the full loot always PvP version.

The time is nigh— THRONE AND LIBERTY early access has nearly arrived. To ensure you’re ready to embark on your adventures in Solisium, an opportunity to pre-load the game will open on September 24, 10AM PT (5PM UTC) on Steam, Xbox X|S, and PlayStation 5 for those who have purchased an Early Access Pack.

I am planning on playing. Do you know what server yet?

1 Like

I’m not playing but am nagging @kasen about it. :smiley:

Just a heads up for those planning on playing or trying out T&L I’m going to join another group of players who will be located on the server “Laslan” on the NA East server as it doesn’t seam like OTG will have the numbers for a guild right now. “Laslan” is a Early access server. At launch on Oct1st there were will be different servers that you can join.

i wll be doing the early access for t&l so i will go to laslan .

so do you have a better idea of how many OTG members will be trying out T&L yet?

A quick look at this thread and a search on Discord shows maybe 10-12 people interested? But guess we will get a better idea this week. If you like the game, best thing to do is talk about it here or #gg-lobby on Discord and get other members who are playing to do the same. I have spoken. :smiley:

3 Likes

I pre-ordered, I will meet you guys on Laslan. Is there an invite to whatever group you are joining Kasen, and are they open to others joining? There are some big incentives for people who like titles to join a guild pushing for some dungeon runs. The video on YouTube is titled “Throne And Liberty Global News Pre - Download Information & More!” and it is by “Its MrO”. Not going to link it here because I really dislike linking to external sites, but definitely check it out… (he explains it better than me)

I’d be interested in thoughts on this too. Kelly and I purchased the Early Access Ultimate version of the game for the cosmetics, not necessarily the early access.

We definitely will be playing after we finish our run in GW2, and would like to see if there is an OTG server we can hook our peepers on. :eyes:

EDIT: I just saw the Laslan server was referenced for OTG for early access.

so will we be using the otg discord for T&L or some other discord?