Standard vs. Deluxe

Hey all.

I’m thinking about pre-ordering the game. While on Steam I saw there is a “Deluxe” version that includes -

THE DELUXE EDITION INCLUDES:
  • Woodsman armor skin. Stand out from the crowd or blend in with the forest with the Woodsman armor skin.
  • Woodsman hatchet skin. Complete the Woodsman look with this skin for the versatile hatchet.
  • Mastiff house pet. Make your house a home with the Mastiff house pet. Access to housing unlocks at level 20 in-game.
  • Rock/Paper/Scissors emote set. Rock, Paper, Scissors, a light-hearted game with friends or a tool for making difficult decisions.
  • New World digital art book. A collection of incredible concept art from the making of New World.
PRE-ORDER NOW FOR BONUS CONTENT:
  • Isabella’s amulet. Equip Isabella’s amulet to gain additional constitution to weather attacks and deal additional damage against certain types of supernatural enemies.
  • Unique title. Proudly display your “Expedition One” title as part of the initial wave of explorers to hit Aeternum’s shores.
  • Emote. Greet your fellow adventurers with the Fist Bump emote.
  • Guild crest set. Three unique guild crests featuring axes, muskets, and armor.

None of that really sounds all THAT great. Am I missing something? The amulet will surely help but we will probably level out of it quickly (or find better gear).

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

I bought the deluxe version mostly to be able to have the mastiff. lol What can I say? I’m big on dogs.

1 Like

I bought the deluxe version mostly to be able to have the mastiff. lol What can I say? I’m big on dogs.

Ditto for that for me…

Mith

1 Like

I agree. The only reason I’d have gotten that was the Mastiff.

Not a fan of skins or emotes, so that would hold no interest for me. Any armor or jewelry you get for buying a premium version is usually worthless by level 5 or so. You’ll probably loot a better amulet in the first couple of hours :slight_smile: So… it’s the dog or not at all.

1 Like

It’s mostly skins as they are trying to avoid being labeled P2W.

1 Like

Double ditto that for me.

1 Like

I pre-ordered in 2016 and ended up getting grandfathered in and don’t have to buy it now… and have absolutely zero clue what version I have. (probably standard!) That said, the skins can be interesting but only if I can find something that is truly gag-awful for my hat. I sorta liked the viking suit they had at the beginning of the beta but whatever they were offering near the end wasn’t interesting.

1 Like

How many are playing? Was planning on getting the deluxe

2 Likes

i preordered deluxe :slight_smile:

1 Like

:crossed_fingers: hopefully I’ll get approved to join you all, I just preordered the deluxe :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for the answers, everyone. I was thinking deluxe for the mastiff, too, but I’m still debating.

Anyway, looking forward to see you all ingame!

I also preordered in 2016 (on Amazon) but somehow I still had to buy it on Steam even though they gave me the beta for free. When the real deal dropped I didn’t have it.

1 Like

Yeah only thing I may want the Deluxe for would be the mastiff and maybe the emote, but not sure if want to go through the hassle to cancel my normal preorder just to reorder the Deluxe.

1 Like

I was prepared to buy and kept checking my email and eventually (day before beta started), I got the email welcoming me. They could have done a better job of keeping people in the loop.

1 Like

I was in the beta but when it came time to get the full game i didn’t have it in my library and they revoked my beta copy once the beta was over, so I bought it to make sure I’d have it when the time comes (and to get the mastiff which I hope you can name yourself).

1 Like

well if you bought it on Amazon like I did (silly me thinking it would be easier to buy it from the company making the game) you actually ended up adding a couple extra steps to the process instead of buying it directly on Steam. First you had to link your steam account to your Amazon account. Then Amazon had to send a message to Valve saying Yes this person bought it over here. Send us a Beta key for them. Then Amazon sends you the key, which then you have to figure out how to activate on Steam.

So when the beta ended, steam deactivates it and doesn’t show you as owning it. Because I bought it over on Amazon. Once the game is live and you get the actual activation code and use it on steam it will become an owned game.

Same thing happened with me when I bought Legendary Mass Effect on steam. I had to link my steam account to my EA origin account and wait for the purchase info to get sent to origin before it became an owned game on both sites for me.

Mith

2 Likes

Well… now I’m confused. My order history on Amazon says I ordered it on October 20, 2016 for $0.00

When I click on it to see the item it takes me to a Page Not Found page, and the release date says none has been determined but they’ll email me when there is a date. It also indicates that it’s a Windows release, not Steam as the current New World page on Amazon says.

So I am not sure if I’ve actually got the preorder on Amazon or not. This was the one offered a loooong time ago before their first Alpha Test (which I played and which was fun but was VERY different from what the game is now). Maybe it’s no longer an order since the product page went away and it’s now activated through Steam? Urk.

Well amazon isn’t going to charge you until the game goes live. As to the rest, it’s jut probably poor updating of documentation with the current dates since they have moved it several times aleady.

Steam charges you at the time you do the pre-order. Amazon doesn’t until the product goes live. So on Sept 28th (if they keep to that date this time) your credit card will be charged for the game by amazon at the price you pre-ordered it at. Mine says the same thing and I only pre-ordered a couple days before the closed beta.

I would say that as long as it is in your orders page and is still marked as open you are good. You can also reach out to Amazon Customer Service and ask them if you have the patience to get through to them.

Like I said, it is more convoluted than if you had just got it on steam.
Mith

Maybe I’ll just cancel that Amazon Order because I’m now worried I’ll get charged twice (once by amazon, once by steam). Although… actually when I pre-ordered it the price was 0.00 and that’s what it shows on my preorder so uh… maybe I’m safe?

Well, if you bought the deluxe from Steam and that is the one you want because of the Mastiff, I would say you can go ahead and cancel the Amazon order. The only reason to keep that one is if it also had something in it you wanted. I’ve known any number of people that got multiple pre-orders because each outlet had different swag ( This was years ago when Star trek Online was just coming out of Beta so not sure if that still happens nowadays) They just applied all the codes to their main account since it was code based for the extras. The last MMO I really did was SWTOR other than single player games since then.

Mith