Problems getting it together

Always good to have a community of friends (online and IRL) to come to. You will get through this, but take your time. Your journey is your own. If pharma adverse there is always counseling and exercise.

Hope things are getting better & going well Revz.

Things were going better with my cubital tunnel issues … I was about to start playing drums again a bit and then I did some stupid stretch behind my back and pinched a nerve in my neck that set the cubital tunnel back to worse than when I started Physical Therapy. Good times.

Ouch. Setbacks can be frustrating. I hope it eases soon.

1 Like

Oh no…I feel ya Revz. My body has been breaking down and rebreaking for years. lol We just keep fighting the good fight. Hopefully the nerve inflamation will subside for you soon. or better yet as fast as it came.

ouch sorry to hear that revz :frowning:

Cubital? Mine is acting up so I have to keep catching me and not leaning on my elbow! Remind, remind, remind. Yeah, gaming wouldn’t help either. But then, I’m not doing much of that lately. Hope things are well enough with you. August and PT, so you should be back to a good spot by now. Just take care of yourself! Hugs!

Nerve issues went away only to have a persistent clicking in my shoulder. One step forward, two steps back. I’m doing ok, coming up on a year since dad’s death and mom is getting depressed. The holiday was tough but we kept her occupied. Now we just have to get her to sell the 1 house, rent the other, and find some place closer to me.

I’m trying to ignore the fact that I’m a government contractor going deep into negative PTO to survive right now.

Thanks!

It’s been a full year since Dad died. Today is probably worse, emotionally, than yesterday or the day before. Maybe I was doing too much blocking and ignoring. Just wanted to drop an update since it’s going to be a rough day.

Anniversaries are always hard, whether you prepare for them or not. Hoping that you have the support you need to get through today. :hugs:

1 Like

You are in my thoughts

I just read this, and thought you’d appreciate it, @revzman

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2016/03/11/acknowledging-our-grief-anniversaries/

1 Like

Morning Rez…
I feel your pain. first, my dad passed in Dec. 2010 I still feel that grief.
second, I went for a massage last month and I’ve been there twice now. All that to say…as a baby boomer I ache. sometime all over generally or specific spot. This guy is awesome as he combines sports medicine, acupressure and massage. I felt so much relief that I’m back in the gym. WOOT
That Pain in my right shoulder blade gone. creeps back the more I’m on the computer (job) .

Take good care Rez

1 Like

Ball in a box analogy of grief … I thought is one of the best descriptions for something that is hard to put into words.

https://12tomatoes.com/gfl-grief-ball-box/?utm_source=glp-12t&utm_medium=social-fb&utm_content=link&utm_term&utm_campaign=gfl-grief-ball-box&fbclid=IwAR01SHSMF_WTF_t9FCHvXgF2lsgOMD2eOMmjvaFXzpsSz0PLBCXMZkUaDjE

Thanks, man, that’s an interesting way to look at it as with the pets, when you are wondering if you should put them down or not, you put 2 color marbles in a jar. Do you have more red marble days or green marble days per week?

Sorry to hear you are going through all this @revzman. You should definitely think about getting your self check out. It could be a imbalance in your electrolytes or chemicals in the body. Or even something like a thyroid imbalance. Plus being overwhelmed with what to do in life is a common thing as a person gets older.
I can totally relate. MY parents and I had to move in with my younger sister. My parents have been living with me but we suffered a financial loss and it has hit us really hard and has gotten really depressing and overwhelming. I fear that my parents are giving up and that is not good. My dad is 72 years old and has always been a hard worker. If you ever need to talk you can message me any time here or on Slack.
Take care and you are in my thoughts.

1 Like

2 years tomorrow and I always think about him. I was saying something to my wife earlier, rubbed the picture of his I keep on my dresser, and looked at the clock … “12:34” … synchronicity numbers are huge in the spirit world and I’ll just go with it was him knowing I was thinking about him.

Thanks for putting up with me.

2 Likes

Mega hugs going out to you, Revz! Take care, my friend.

2 Likes

Your Father would want you to be at peace and move on. Sounds like 12:34 meant something. Possibly he was thinking of you. Him => You instead of You => Him.

A friend once told me “Don’t cry / miss the dead for they can feel our pain. Simply think of them, let them know your thinking of them, and smile.”

1 Like