Over 4 years virus free and NOW i get it? ☹

how long did it take for any of you to stop coughing? It’s so irritating.

Let’s see, we caught this just before Thanksgiving and started feeling better within 5-7 days. Coughing lasted maybe a few weeks longer. I stopped having that issue about mid-late Dec.

My son on the other hand still had his into the first week of Jan. I don’t recall either of us having a really bad bout with the coughing…only seemed more like a bronchial coughing which really dissipated by mid Jan.

Each person I’ve spoken with who had this later version of Covid did not experience the horrendous coughing from deep in the lungs. Each person also indicated a different time frame for the coughing to finally go away.

1 Like

I survived unjabbed for the entire ‘pandemic’ period as defined by our government, then caught it in hospital when my mother was admitted with an infection.
It was like a nasty cold, for me, though even a couple of months later I still have a bit of a cough which is improving slowly and my sense of smell is strange - seems a bit distorted if that makes sense.

2 Likes

That will dissipate, just might take a bit longer. I do know, however, if you catch the usual Spring cold, its possible to bring that nagging cough back again. I had a slight allergy reaction a couple of weeks ago when I arrived home after our yard was mowed and started sneezing/coughing right away. Two weeks later, I still have short periods of sneezing and some coughing.

I think this new situation with infections will be with us going forward. My doc is already discussing my getting a yearly booster (the new concoction) during my next yearly check up. Apparently Medicare is covering a good portion of that, plus a renewal of my other vaccines.

I’ll be 79 in November and she is trying to keep me healthy as my body decides what else its going to throw my way. At least my recent medical issue ~ rotator cuff repair ~ is on the mend.

I can game again although I have to be careful not to push it too hard. Actually was pleased that I managed to get through some M+ dungeons last night without problems. Exhilarated is a more concise term since I’ve been frustrated with my limitations. But my arm usage is improving every day. I can almost raise my right arm above my eyebrows…woohoo!!!

Anyway, back to subject at hand. Covid in any of its forms is not anything to ignore. Just stay safe and take care of yourself. I’ve been able to enter most places comfortably without using a mask now, but still wear one in the grocery store. Too often someone comes around the corner coughing and not knowing if they have a cold or anything else, I truly do not want to catch what they are offering.

2 Likes