Starting this week and every two weeks following we will have OTG get together events in game.
These events will include various activities in game, from flight exercises to cargo runs to first person assaults, and really whatever we can think of.
The first meeting of the OTG Flight Group (we need a catchy name) will be this Wednesday, June 29 at 6pm Central US time, 7pm Eastern, 4pm Pacific, 2am UK time, and look it up for other zones
The expected duration is about 3 hours, so if you cannot make it at start time that is ok, join when you can.
This week we will go over some basic in flight communication protocols. We need to be able to effectively communicate with each other about the situation in space so this will give us the basics to do that. Once we have run through coms, we will take on some bounty missions together, then after that we will play it by ear and see what folks feel like doing.
Here are some terms to become familiar with. Do not feel you need to remember all of these, plain language is just fine anytime. These terms just help us to quickly communicate should we find ourselves in a tight situation. These are a few, we can add others if and when we see it is necessary
- AFFIRM - Yes; that is correct; can also use AFFIRMATIVE
- NEGATIVE - No; that is not correct
- COPY - Transmission received
- DISREGARD - Belay my last message or directive.
- GO AHEAD - Proceed with report or request
- ROGER - Transmission received and understood
- WILCO - I understand and will comply with the directive
- BANDIT - Positively identified as an enemy
- BOGEY - Positively identified as neutral or not identified
- FRIENDLY - Positively identified as an ally
- SPLASH - Target is destroyed or adrift and no threat
- BENT - Ship frame has taken damage (hull is yellow or red)
- BINGO - Out of fuel
- BROKEN - Ship destroyed or adrift, pilot ejecting, controls unresponsive, or awaiting respawn
- CLEAN - No damage noted
- EMPTY - Out of missiles/torpedoes/mines
- FENCED-IN - Ready for flight and/or task assignment
- FENCED-OUT - Exiting mission area and no longer available
- SWEET - Weapons are all functional, undamaged, loaded, and cooled
- WINCHESTER - Gun ammunition fully expended