Much better than that old crap!

I like it!

Honestly, I hate the format. For me so far it is hard to find anything. But it is what it is and I go with the flow. Not like I post a lot anyways even on the old forums. Just read a lot but now it is a bit frustrating for me so I am tending to not visit as often. To me, the old style we where at was so much easier to find what I wanted to read about. This feels like a cluster to me. Just my 2 cents that isnā€™t even worth a cent. chuckles

A couple of suggestions:

If youā€™re looking for the more organized feel of a forum, try clicking the Category view up top. It looks more traditional that way.

Also, the idea behind Discourse is that searching will be easier. When folks tag their posts, they cannot make up any old tag. There is a list to choose from (that list is still very much in flux right now, but you get the idea!), which should help folks actually be able to use the search box to find the types of things they want. I felt the search on VB5 was torture, so Iā€™m excited for tags!

Hope this helps a little!

1 Like

Honestly, was already on category view and still feels like a cluster to me. The overall feel for me is disorganized. As for the search, never used it. I only look at specific game forums and never did a search for a post. With the format/layout of the other forums, I felt at ease finding the game forums I was interested in. That is something I do not get with this one but it is what it is.

A lot of them havenā€™t migrated over, so theyā€™re not listed yet! If you canā€™t find one you want, that is probably why!

There are a bunch of different themes you can check out in your profile settings - one of them might give you a look and feel you like more.

1 Like

:+1:
Iā€™m partial to the Vincent theme right now. A bit of color and not so bright that it blinds you.

1 Like

Same!

Ditto on that! I used it during testing and its still my favorite.

Tried everything so far. Still the forums are a clusterfuck to me. Posts are all together no matter the game. To me this is dramatically worse.

This is what I see when I log in:

If youā€™re seeing a list of posts then perhaps you clicked on Latest or New or Unreadā€¦still, you can sort your posts using the categories and tags that interest you. There is a post in the Help Center that describes how.

Yes I see that but when I click on Game Development, that is when all I see are a list of posts, all disorderly and unlike the previous forums, no further organization to each game and then posts about that game in that folder.

The first page is fine but after that it becomes to me, completely unorganized and feels like a clusterfuckt o me.

You need to.directly click on the subcategory yiu are wanting to read

Read the post in the help center for ideas on how to set up so you only see what you want to see. Filters are your friend.

:smiley:

So now, instead of sub folder organization like previous, you have to see the folder in the main view and click on it your saying? That clicking on the main folder, no longer brings you to an organized tree of folders as the other site had. To me that is moving backwards sigh.

So from ease to read through to try to learn how to organize yourself what once was organized :frowning: That is what I get from what you are saying.

You can always just click into the subcategory that interests you from the main page too.

/shrug

Donā€™t get me wrong, some of this look I really like better. Like finally I can have a nice soft dark theme that eases my eyes far better. I just think there is a lack of organization in comparison to a branching of trees to go through. Just my feel and I will not say another word.

As with many things, personal preference always plays a part. Discourse is definitely different from VB. The structure is far less structured. Discourse relies far more heavily on searches and a combination of category and tags to separate different content.

This certainly isnā€™t going to be something that appeals to everyone. The only thing I can suggest is to give it a try. It is definitely different and that in itself is something that will take time to adjust to. We are always listening to the members, while by no means can we make everyone happy we do our best to provide the best possible experience to as many people as possible.

1 Like

Understood, just trying to help out hehe.

It IS different but it addresses SO many other issues we have.

Hey! I just learned you can respond to a specific individual while remaining in the overall thread! Very cool. Also DONE, thatā€™s all the learning I have to do this week.