Much better than that old crap!

See topic header!

7 Likes

I love vBulletin forums, hate whatever this new site is. Why in the hell did we change…

4 Likes

Kinda sad that there is no import of our old data, losing all the posts and counts… etc…

1 Like

Au contrair we are going to keep them as an archive. They will continue to be available to everyone to view even after migration is finished…

archives are not quite the same as live but that’s still nice to know. Thanks.

Vbulletin is dying on the inside. It’s either switch or one day the forums go in smoke like Vesuvius.

2 Likes

The more I use it, the more I like it!

2 Likes

I used to like VBulletin, but have hated it since we switched it last year. I am definitely willing to give this one a try!

4 Likes

We’ll get used to it.

Change just for the sake of change isn’t necessarily good. But in this case, it was needed. I think the vast majority of members were very frustrated with VB5 after the move from VB4 last year.

Besides, it’s kind of nice to start over with a low post count again. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I am hoping I will learn to love this new format for our forms . I don’t know one vboard from another but here’s to new beginnings. I feel this web page is less cluttered but that could change over time. For now lets roll with it.

It will definatly take some getting used to. Some bbcode is different. the video bbcode doesn’t work. There is no GUI that pops up and helps you do things like add pictures or create links. Over all I think this is a much needed move. We will adapt.

3 Likes

That’s weird. I get a pop up, at least on my phone.

Pictures and links are covered in the discobot tutorial/game thing. (It felt kinna like a game to me, lol!) It actually teaches quite a bit in the few minutes it takes. I was impressed. Ideally, folks will want to learn and use the tools available to do so.

For pictures, you can click the ‘Add an image’ icon, or even just drag and drop! The link icon is the funky one to the left of the Quotes. <3 drag and drop. :heart::hearts::black_heart::blue_heart::yellow_heart::orange_heart::purple_heart::sparkling_heart::green_heart:

Sorry, got distracted… hearts… lol!!:heartbeat:

4 Likes

Discobot is cheesy, but really is helpful!
I even liked your post, like the guidelines said!

1 Like

I flagged/reported discobot’s post like, 3 different ways. Cuz… Discobot :star_struck:

Poor Dani the Discobot just wanna help…

A AHA! to post a video put the video link on its own line without bbcode for example:

2 Likes

I love, love, love, love this vs the old… GREAT JOBS!!!

1 Like

The new forums are now bookmarked: “OTGForums: better than that old crap”

A ridiculous amount of work that cannot be thanked enough.

3 Likes

Yep, even to post an image, you can drag and drop or you can just paste the web link … No need to wrap it in tags anymore to have it not just default it to a hyperlink.