Lost Ark - MMORPG - Soon to Release in NA - Video Review (Language Warning)

This is an in depth review of Lost Ark, a MMORPG+ARPG style game soon to be released in NA. It is a video by a well known YouTuber Quin69. Warning, the verbal content in some places is not work or family friendly…but it is a good review for anyone with an interest in this game.

2 Likes

Oh what I wouldn’t give for a game like this minus the gender locked classes, Korean/anime/waifu art style and overboard effects. Is that too much to ask? :smirk:

2 Likes

Agreed. I made it through the video right up to the point where I saw the 20ft over-sized dragging long sword.

1 Like

I watched Quin69 stream it. It definitely has some potential.

I hear you I can’t deal with the Asian theme, as for Diablo killer it’s already been slayed by Path of Exile.

Sounds like Amazon just acquired the rights to publish Lost Ark in the West https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6hmUGzmFKE&t=473s

Just waiting on a confirmation from Amazon on it, but it really can’t be anything but Lost Ark.

Between that and Blue Protocol I’m hoping to have an Anime MMO home again next year.

LA will release here at the end of 2021. Founders packs are available now at steam or AMZ for beta access.

Closed Beta coming up in a few weeks Nov4-11. Bought the intro level package so I can get in.

Closed Beta (Technical) starts tomorrow. Any other OTGers in it? I got my beta key today.

yup i got mine and downloading now

Got my key too.

Twitch streamer today (like Luckyghost) are doing key drops for watching for 30 mins. I got an extra key doing so. Just FYI.

1 Like

I played the closed beta last week and am completely sold on it. Super fun, engaging story and I loved that it was the first game in a while that I’ve played that I lost track of time because I was having fun. I’m deffo getting a founder’s pack.

Yeah, I was fairly hooked. One of those games where I had to force myself to stop playing sometimes lest I spend too much time playing it hehe. Despite my initial misgivings about the gender locked classes (far less prevalent than other Asian games) and the Korean-ishness of it those elements are really minor and not a turn off in this case. Heck, I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to come up with multiple character appearances that I daresay I liked, which isn’t usually the case with the Korean/Asian games.

I enjoyed the beta and I will be keeping my founder’s pack pre-order.

Official release date for NA is now Feb. 11/2022. If you purchased a Founders pack you can start on Feb. 8

Lost Ark - Free to Play MMO Action RPG (playlostark.com)

The NA release will also include a change in the class rollout in that the Summoner class will be replaced with the Sorceress class

I broke down and got a founders pack. Looking forward to this. looking to peeps to complain about other generations with.

Definitely interested in this one. It gets updates all the time and despite the Diablo like appearance looks to be a full-fledged MMORPG with everything from raiding to housing to an interesting variety of mini games and seasonal events. Very excited to try this at least until ashes of creation comes out whenever that will be

Man, why couldn’t this come out in January? I just realized Lost Ark, Dying Light 2 and Elden Ring all come out in February. I’m gonna hold off getting one of those games and it’s probably gonna be Elden Ring since that is the only one I haven’t pre-ordered already :smirk:

Was planning on taking a week of vacation time around February anyway so I just went ahead and took launch week off