Is anyone using a vertical mouse?

I am on the hunt for a vertical mouse to use for my gaming. Part of my wrist problem, besides the arthritis, is the mouse placement being low profile which tends to cause muscle issues up and down my arm. Seems my exercise program to keep my limbs in working order is not sufficient to alleviate my muscle stress while using my mouse.

I currently use a Logitech G502 Hero which has served me quite well and still is in good condition but my muscle tension and tendon stress seems to be more of a problem due to how flat on the desk my mouse is sitting. I was thinking of getting an angled block to place under my mouse pad to raise the left side of my mouse to a more comfortable level but that means there would be a lot of slipping and sliding which would interfere with my game play. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

So have been looking for a vertical mouse that would serve me better in alleviating this issue. Is anyone using one? If so, what are your thoughts on how it is performing?

Well son of a gun. I’ve never heard of such an animal. It looks really cool though.

Which vertical mouse did you look at? I was looking at a Logitech one but from the write ups it appears to be too large for my hands.

Logitech MX Vertical Wireless Mouse

(https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FNJB8TT?tag=bgfg-pcguide-us-20) I am looking a bunch of them, but this one looks good for you.

I’ve been off and on with a Zelotes C-18 gaming mouse. My only beef with it is that I have to stretch my thumb out to get to the mouse 4 button. I sometimes unconsciously tilt the mouse which causes the cursor spaz out, but other than that, pretty comfortable.

I forgot to say that my hand is pretty big (size 10 glove). Perhaps they made these mice for people with long fingers… /shrugs

I use the trackball version of this with the elevated base and I like it a lot more than standard trackball mice…so much that I bought two extras for replacements in the future.

I just ordered the smaller version Logitech Lift Vertical Ergonomic Mouse. I have rather smaller hands and it was recommended over the MX Vertical because of the size.

1 Like

This is something I’ll look at to buy in the future I’m sure. Good job sleuthing, guys.

I’ll report on how it works out after I’ve used it for a bit.

I tried one because I was developing carpal tunnel and didn’t like it. I didn’t use it for that long, either. It could have been lack of coordination in my right hand (I’m a leftie) or just not giving it enough time.

What helped me was wearing a hand/wrist brace 24/7 for about a month and doing stretching exercises beginning with fingers and working my way up to my neck and then down my back. I haven’t had any problems since.

It was a Logitech MX Vertical.

Never knew this was a thing, thanks for posting about this. I naturally use a mouse with the right (outer) side of my hand on the mouse pad which tilts my hand. I have long fingers so never had any problems. These look weird but perfect for me.

I am on my 2nd Vertical mouse. You dont need anything too expensive. https://www.amazon.com/NPET-V20-Programmable-Adjustable-Sensitivity/dp/B07DZVR3Y4/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8 was under $30 and works well still after 2 years now.

Unfortunately when I check with Amazon, it showed it was unavailable. So I went with the Lift one.

lyn

2 Likes

OMG, dread you had me laughing so hard I had tears running down my cheeks. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Several people at my “work” use a version of the “Evoluent Vertical Mouse”. I haven’t used myself so dunno. One person has used it for years and when it recently broke she bought another of the same. They come in different sizes & a few versions. They are much more expensive than a normal/work mouse, though probably only a little more so or in line with a gaming mouse.

Hi Lyn, I need to try that mouse as well. I currently use the penguin mouse but it only has 3 buttons. I have used it for work for years. I stretch my wrists regularly and lift small weights and it has kept my carpal tunnel away. Take care. Mike

Posturite Penguin Ambidextrous Wired Ergonomic Mouse | USB, Alleviates RSI, Easy-Glide, Vertical Design, PC Computer and Apple Mac Compatible (Black/Silver, Size: Medium), 9820100Posturite Penguin Ambidextrous Wired Ergonomic Mouse | USB, Alleviates RSI, Easy-Glide, Vertical Design, PC Computer and Apple Mac Compatible (Black/Silver, Size: Medium) https://a.co/d/ittjBlh

This is not working for me, so I would suggest you check to see if there is a gaming mouse out there that offers a vertical alignment of some measure. I think Razer has one and I know Logitech has another other than this but don’t know how good the other one is.

This one failed me tonight in the middle of raid. Not only did it disconnect from the game for a second or two, but I ended up running off the ledge because it did not stop when I turned it.

One of the buttons on the left side over the thumb (back one) will not hold a key bind at all. I think Logitech failed to program it to take a key bind. I put in a ticket and all I got back was a response to check my pc settings, etc. Usual tech sidestep when they have no answer for your question.

Also, it connects via dongle with blue tooth and that causes a delay in transmission. Not good because I think that was part of my problem tonight as well.

I’m returning it as defective and not taking a replacement.

https://www.amazon.com/J-Tech-Digital-V628-Adjustable-Sensitivity/dp/B0759V6FZC/ is closest to what I’m using still very cheap. Hope you find one you like

1 Like

Lyn,

Have you considered:

Razer Tartarus v2 Gaming Keypad: Mecha-Membrane Key Switches - 32 Programmable Keys - Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting - Programmable Macros - Classic Black Amazon.com

If you are not familiar with this, please search for it on YouTube to see how its used, I think you may benefit from using it.