Is anyone using a vertical mouse?

I actually recently switched to the KinesisGaming split keyboard which has been great, so I do not need another keyboard/keypad. What I need is a ergonomic mouse and that is what I am focusing on now.

I had an Orbweaver which I had tried for a few years, off and on, to utilize, but with arthritis in my fingers, it became impossible so I donated it to another guild member who expressed an interest in it. Its the mouse I need to deal with.

But thanks anyway for the suggestion.
lyn

Lyn,
This mouse is shown on Amazon along with your keyboard.

Here

I already have the Logi Lift one, that’s the one that I’m trying to get Logitech to address the failure of their software. Seems like I’ve been here before. The lift is really comfortable, now if only Logitech would fix the software to include that left rear button to hold a key bind as their instructions and their marketing say it does, it would be good. I can deal with the lag a bit as long as it doesn’t get worse.

But this is the Lift Vertical Ergonomic mouse, a smaller version to the one your link showed…and it is exactly what I got. But it has some issues. Unless they are resolved, its going back.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09J1TB35S?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Update: Today I sent this mouse back to Amazon. Reason being it seems that the mouse is defective in that one of those buttons failed to hold a key bind, period. Nothing I tried worked…so after a back and forth with the Logitech technical group, they were totally unable to provide any help and suggested I return it.

I will not be getting a replacement as they want, because I feel there is more in there than I was able to resolve. During the last raid my mouse totally lost connectivity with the blue tooth wireless set up and I could not control my character. Death by mouse disconnect should be one of the reasons added to the multitude of reasons I’ve seen listed :rofl:

Needless to say, they got a less than stellar review. I was really hoping it would work out but it just wasn’t worth the hassle I was going through. So I’m back using my Logitech G502 Hero.

2 Likes

Too funny Lynn! I was wondering what happened… It is amazing that you weren’t furious. I would have been pissed to the max. I die enough on my own. I don’t need the help of a mouse. :sunglasses:

Lor, very few things cause me anger these days. Usually its stupidity and a run around, which unfortunately, some technical reps seem to have in spades. I have come to realize its a waste of energy on my part as anything I say or do will never change them or make them see reason.

Being logical seems to be a bit beyond some of these reps since many are just following a rote series of possibilities that are on a source page. Fortunately, the woman who finally answered my inquiry from one of those loopy pop up chats where I kept asking for a manager, realized that who ever sent me her way was not using logic to understand what I was really complaining about.

They kept saying (and posting cut-n-paste info) that it was my pc, I needed to clear my cache, my internet…etc. You’ve experienced that before I’m sure. Anyway they did not connect the dots between my saying one of the mouse buttons was not holding a key bind, to the software might be missing critical links to make that particular button blindable, etc. or that the button itself was defective. I hate talking to adults like they were 4 years old.

That final technician understood, once I clarified what I meant compared to what she was told by that other rep. Hence the immediate suggestion to return the mouse for a replacement or refund. No questions asked. Thank goodness Amazon is really good about that. I returned it as defective and hope they don’t repackage it and resell it without researching why it failed.

The other thing that I also pointed out to her was that the Bluetooth connectivity was spotty. They needed to rethink making these mice wireless unless they can provide a better connectivity. I much prefer a wired mouse anyway and should probably never have purchased it in the first place. But I so wanted that ergonomic design.

1 Like