I'm Getting Bionic Knees!

In the Xbox controller? Done!

In the knees!

Reminds me of an advert in the old Solo of Fortune book for Cyberpunk:
“Russian cyberleg not pretty, but no matter when kick hole in tank, yes?”

2 Likes

I’m guessing the sound effects are new but isn’t the running in slow motion part of the reason for the new knees? :laughing: Have you considered using an MP3 player to play the sound for you?

If you put the speaker for playing the sound effect in your shirt, add some LEDs you can say you got the Stark upgrade! :laughing:

Joking aside, best wishes with the surgery and recovery.

1 Like

Thanks all!

So I got very anxious before surgery, I had back surgery already and got through it and felt like I “dodged a bullet” (not in the best health in general) but the knee surgery went well. Day after I just had a dull ache, not real pain, and was flexible enough and able to walk down the hall and up and down stairs (!) so they let me go home! :open_mouth:

What they didn’t mention is that the next day the nerve block would wear off and all that flexibility was an illusion because the pain was masked so working through the massive stiffness and swelling now. Gotten a little better since yesterday and it is manageable so just going to keep pushing through.

Again, thanks for all the encouragement!

2 Likes

Sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery for this knee and the next. Sounds like the wife will be happy about the upgrade, too. :wink:

1 Like

He upgraded his wife? I thought he was only going to upgrade his knees!

1 Like

Hehe. Watch it or i’ll upgrade you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hilarious!!!

Good luck and keep it up! It’s easier to push through pain and keep loose than to try and rehab through tight scar tissue!

Yes. Ow, but yes. :open_mouth:

You are not kidding about that “tight scar tissue”. They took my dressing off and it feels like I have football stitching running down my knee. Makes doing anything where I have to bend it a pain in the arse.

I’ve had multiple knee injuries, so I attest to keep moving it and lightly working it. Light exercise exponentially increases repair by getting the blood moving through the joint.

2 Likes

Time to fight bigfoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVYGHHc0Es4

Physical therapist taking me down to our lobby to walk around today… and possibly practice stairs! :scream:

1 Like

I still wanna know when you’re going to fight bigfoot. :grin:

Gratz. Stick with it! Long roads ahead, but it’s great looking back
at how far you come. It’s just hard to see from where you are.

I’d be lucky to be able to fight Smallfoot! :open_mouth:

@Splutty The funny thing is the other day the PT had me walking and said “Now lift your right leg like you are marching but walk normally with the left leg” and I said I felt like I was in the Ministry of Silly Walks. :smiley:

4 Likes

Great minds think alike :smiley:

2 Likes

But did they get it? :slight_smile:

I hope things are progressing well enough to suit you.

Yes they LOLed. :wink:

Going pretty well. Starting to be better than the other knee. Still hard sometimes though but getting there. Thanks!