I'm Getting Bionic Knees!

So this Thursday I am having total knee replacement surgery #1

This GIF represents my TOTALLY realistic expectation for what my physical state will be after surgery #2 and physical therapy. :smiley:

4 Likes

Do they come with the 1970’s track suit and high tech toys?? If so sign me up! Hope all goes well and the new knees are much better than your current ones :slight_smile:

1 Like

do you get the t-shirt too?

https://unicorncart.com/products/funny-bionic-knee-replacement-surgery-t-shirt-hoodie-sweater?variant=12144968695877&gclid=CjwKCAjwzenbBRB3EiwAItS-u0357sjzBLisI7b6M1dLhJIH3GCV30cUp1sUjjs30fn-Z4lySn8g1BoCT7sQAvD_BwE

1 Like

ouch, best wishes. My Dad has two bionic knees, it turns out they aren’t really bionic and you will probably never walk the same again my friend…

a965-46b7-8040-9955b2ed67bf&pd_rd_wg=3umYe&pd_rd_r=9e088120-efad-44e3-b5d0-91142993f473))

1 Like

I probably have one somewhere…

Sure, only $29.99 plus tax at the hospital gift shop!

Uh… what does that mean? :open_mouth:

I was trying to find a nice clip of Octodad, but apparently there are only very annoying youtubers :frowning:

1 Like

Good luck, Ranter. My cousin had both of hers done about 5 years and is SO much happier. May your experience be similar, post-recovery.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Best of luck, Ranter. I hope the proper sound effects are part of the package.

1 Like

I’m already making those sound effects and “running” in slow motion, much to the annoyance of my wife. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Ranter, you will be in the hearts and prayers of your fellow guild mates. wishing you a speedy recovery and hope your back on your feet quickly.
Mark

1 Like

Thanks! :smiley:

Keep doing that when they have you up and walking the hallways within hours!

1 Like

HOURS?!?!?!? :exploding_head:

Yeah. That part is simply amazing.

1 Like

Good luck @RanterX Hope the surgery goes good. I actually got to watch knee surgery being done when I was a nursing student. It was way cool and that was 20 some years ago so I bet it is a walk in the park

2 Likes

Oh yeah, within 24 hours you will be walking with lots of help up and down the hallway. I’ve seen/heard as little as 6 hours after surgery and as much as 14 but never more than 24 passes before you are up and at’em.

1 Like

I see what you did there. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For funsies, look up what you have to be doing to be discharged.

Bending knees at 90 degrees, walking stairs a little, able to get up and down yourself, etc.

1 Like

Able to replace the batteries.

1 Like