[Finished] PF2 - Outlaws of Alkenstar (Saturdays, 8-11 EDT)

They’re called “rogues”.

I just realized like 45 minutes ago that I haven’t used the Quest Log/Tracker a single time in this campaign so far. My bad.

shame-gameofthrones

OK so where’s the general/skill feat that let’s me take a whole entire Rogue for a class feat?

Yeah… I took another look at the Brutish Shove. It’s not bad, it’s just - assuming that Tex is doing Power Attack first - the MAP 3 for both the Strike and the Athletics roll (for the Shove) is gonna suck.

I rescind my vote.

Would the Shove be at penalty though? Brutish Shove states “… and you can automatically Shove it, with the same benefits as the Shove action…” Does “automatically” not mean what it means in this instance?

Hmm… yeah.

There is no Athletics roll for the shove 'cause it’s automagically part of the Strike. And the outcome of the Shove is determined by the result of the Strike. But the Strike would be at MAP 3 after a Power Attack or at the very least MAP 2 after a regular attack. Since it’s a Press ability you can’t open with it. Poo.

For whatever reason I thought the Failure effect said “flat-footed until the end of your next turn.” But it don’t. It’s current turn which is pretty useless.

So I stand by my rescind.

It’s altruistic. Flat footed would last until the start of your turn, which makes it CC for the rest of the group. Really helps bob out, for instance.

^ That’s what I thought. But it’s current turn.

ok that it dumb, heh

1 Like

Would the movement from the shove provoke AOO for other party members as the monster moved?

If so it would be better than just crit fishing wouldn’t it? Get to move an add that may have crappy positioning and let your team whack it on the way at +2. (yay teamwork)

If it doesn’t then it is just for moving the mob around… like out a door or against a wall or maybe into a fire/off a cliff. Still something better than just missing with a MAP 3 attack if you are planning to go down the shove feat line eh?

I like the other two feats after this, flinging shove and powerful shove.

Forced movement doesn’t provoke.

I would say take stuff for when you aren’t power attacking, like sweep for a bunch of crunchies, or brutish attack for some area control

I will say that there is no CC in the party right now, so it could mean that a Brutish Shove might be more beneficial than getting in your power attack, or delaying the power attack to the second/third action. And yes Brutish shove doesn’t have a long lasting flat-footed, but its enough to reduce the MAP you are taking with your second attack. In addition moving those units around are going to set you up better to use your AoO, or make Rando chew up actions trying to move away from you, both are just as if not more beneficial as getting a power attack off.

MEHHHHHH! I didn’t even notice that very specific part until you pointed it out. My brain glossed over it and read it as ‘end of your next turn’ as well. Brutish Shove is looking even less appealing now.

Me too, but I don’t have any room in my planned build. The build is already built around an emphasis on making enemies frightened and proccing off that.

More reason for me not to be too keen on Brutish Shove for this character, that you really want to invest in the follow-up feats if you get BS and I’m probably gonna pass on the BS. It does fit the nature of the character though…Brutish Shove that is, not bs. :smirk:

Also, I could seen an instance of using Brutish Shove after Sudden Charge with only second attack MAP on it. It would be a decent follow-up to any of the Charge attack feats.

Brutish Shove could also be the third attack in the three attack combo with like Intimidating Strike and Shatter Defenses. Something I have failed to mention until now is that I am investing in feats/attacks with the Press trait. Also I will be getting the Furious Focus feat at lvl 6 which makes Power Attack only count as one attack towards MAP.

But I think I am going with Knockdown to couple that with Advantageous Assault and later get Improved KD.

we are playing this week right?

(honestly i have no idea but thought i would put a positive spin on the wording of the question)

Yeah, until midnight :smiley:

Actually I think we are off this week because of New Year’s Eve and all that. But if I am wrong and we are playing this week I am good to go.

We all spoke up and said we were available 2 weeks ago. It’s up to Rando, but I am game…so to speak.

And now we wait…

OK now that we have waited can we get some @Rando up in here to confirm that we are playing (seems like we were off again) or aren’t playing (most likely). I am good to go if we do play for I am going about nowhere this weekend except the store once for as brief as possible.