[Finished] PF2 - Outlaws of Alkenstar (Saturdays, 8-11 EDT)

Nope, thrown weapons don’t have reload 0, they have reload NULL.

Reload

Source Core Rulebook pg. 279 3.0
While all weapons need some amount of time to get into position, many ranged weapons also need to be loaded and reloaded. This entry indicates how many Interact actions it takes to reload such weapons. This can be 0 if drawing ammunition and firing the weapon are part of the same action. If an item takes 2 or more actions to reload, the GM determines whether they must be performed together as an activity, or you can spend some of those actions during one turn and the rest during your next turn.

An item with an entry of “—” must be drawn to be thrown, which usually takes an Interact action just like drawing any other weapon. Reloading a ranged weapon and drawing a thrown weapon both require a free hand. Switching your grip to free a hand and then to place your hands in the grip necessary to wield the weapon are both included in the actions you spend to reload a weapon.

What about with Quick draw or a return rune? Would that let me do a double throw?

I will be late or non existent this Saturday, my son’s birthday is coming up and I offered to take him and his girlfriend to dinner. and the only time she is available is saturday. I will rush them as much as possible :smiley:

What is the feat you are trying to qualify for? What is double throw?

Thrown

Source Core Rulebook pg. 283 3.0
You can throw this weapon as a ranged attack, and it is a ranged weapon when thrown. A thrown weapon adds your Strength modifier to damage just like a melee weapon does. When this trait appears on a melee weapon, it also includes the range increment. Ranged weapons with this trait use the range increment specified in the weapon’s Range entry.

Quick Draw Feat 2

GunslingerRangerRogue
Source Core Rulebook pg. 172 3.0
Archetypes Alkenstar Agent, Butterfly Blade, Vigilante*

• This archetype offers Quick Draw at a different level than displayed here.

You draw your weapon and attack with the same motion. You Interact to draw a weapon, then Strike with that weapon.

Wielding Items

Source Core Rulebook pg. 272 3.0
Some abilities require you to wield an item, typically a weapon. You’re wielding an item any time you’re holding it in the number of hands needed to use it effectively. When wielding an item, you’re not just carrying it around—you’re ready to use it. Other abilities might require you to be wearing the item, to be holding it, or simply to have it.

Table 6-2: Changing Equipment

Change Hands Action
Draw or put away a worn item, or pick up an item1 1 or 2 Interact
Pass an item to or take an item from a willing creature 2 1 or 2 Interact
Drop an item to the ground 1 or 2 Release
Detach a shield or item strapped to you 1 Interact
Change your grip by removing a hand from an item 2 Release
Change your grip by adding a hand to an item 2 Interact
Retrieve an item from a backpack 3, sack, or similar container 2 Interact

1 If you retrieve a two-handed item with only one hand, you still need to change your grip before you can wield or use it.
2 A creature must have a hand free for someone to pass an item to them, and they might then need to change their grip if they receive an item requiring two hands to wield or use.
3 Retrieving an item stowed in your own backpack requires first taking off the backpack with a separate Interact action.

Returning Item 3

Evocation Magical
Source Core Rulebook pg. 584 3.0
Price 55 gp
Usage etched onto a thrown weapon

When you make a thrown Strike with this weapon, it flies back to your hand after the Strike is complete. If your hands are full when the weapon returns, it falls to the ground in your space.

Nope. A thrown weapon isn’t reload 0. :person_shrugging:

I may be half an hour late tonight, I will let you know as the day progresses.

as i said earlier i will be at least a couple hours late for tonight.

(originally)
Kadenza’s plan was to run out toward the shield agents or whatever they are ( in a non threatening way) and thank them for saving her, and exclaim that 4 “people” broke into the bank to rob it, She only managed to leave because they were too busy roughing up the manager, the poor soul. In the process Kadenza will thank Brigh for getting her out of there before she was killed ( none of that is a lie ).

Then depending on the situation Kadenza might either help the other 3 in the party, or just fade into the streets to get away from the shield agents. Depending on if she could safely help the others without putting herself into too much trouble.

:smiley:

I don’t think I will be late tonight after all.

Nobody’s here yet (7:45); can I go play Cyberpunk now?

And after making this post I am sure every one showed up to keep you from playing it…

muhahahaha

Mith

1 Like

He was so salty that we all showed up and interrupted his Cyberpunk playtime that he almost permakilled one of us…with a trap. :smirk:

so, other than the 5-10 minutes I was able to listen in on, What did i miss last week?

We got the loot and ran off, only to run into a buzz saw of encounters. A brutal module, especially for 1st level. Lot of encounters with no time to heal. PF2 mobs will almost always hit you with at least 1 attack, which means that the group needs to heal up after every fight, but there is very limited healing at level 1 :). A hazard almost killed us (Rando basically had to bail us out with a hint). We are beat up and have another fight to go, so lets see what happens.

1 Like

Fortunately for Tex Arcana hitting and getting hit is his bread and butter, his MO. Of course, not getting hit is the honey drizzled on that bread and butter, but I think Paizo prefers a nice sour lemon drizzle. I’ve got my first slogan for PF2e:

Pathfinder 2e, where you miss more than you hit and get hit more than you miss.

:smirk:

2 Likes

It sounds like at least one of you had fun :smiley:

I think we all had fun, it was just really hairy fun :smirk:

Like I said a bit ago, I’m trying to turn a corner and not see Pathfinder 2e as something I absolutely don’t like, rather something that is really hard but still enjoyable to play with a good group like y’all.

That’s good to hear and glad you are coming around @Ryukan! Anyway I was just teasing @Rando :wink:

1 Like

I bet @Rando had fun watching us flail around trying to not get TPK’d by a hazard. The only way to defeat it was with one of two skill checks and one of the only two group members that could make either check was downed early in the encounter ( I hesitate to call it a fight :smirk:). Pulled everything out of our asses to get that one skill check to succeed before we all died. It was a DC 22 check I think…at lvl 1, that is some sadistic encounter design me thinks.

I have had a crap week that ended in frustration. I am ready to kill some shit with Tex Arcana tonight. Especially after that damn hazard from last session. Tex Arcana might be a little extra mean to the foes tonight, but Tex Arcana ain’t really nice by any means ever anyhow. :smirk: