[Finished] PF2 - Forgotten Realms Heroic Romp (Thurs 8-11 EDT)

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to downplay your casting of MM or it’s general utility as a blasty spell. There would have been perhaps a tad bit of disappointment on your end had Rando used the wizard’s Shield spell, but it was a good move on your part nonetheless. Had the Wizard used the shield block part of the spell it would have gotten rid of the spell and made it unavailable to the wizard for the remainder of the fight. Edit which you already pointed out in your post in other terms and my brain just didn’t make the translation until now*

1 Like

Should I be worried that Vani has a doppelganger (sans the eyepatch) now? :sweat_smile:

PS - Did somebody put up an ad back at the tavern for a Single Elf Female seeking a roomate and not tell me? :laughing:

lol, that is funny, i hadnt seen a description for Vani.

Jade’s hair coloring and patch are directly related to her lineage, and the choker has another function. A choker isnt something I typically equip onto my fantasy characters.

For the majority of the fight Mialari was Tasha’d and couldn’t take reactions. And um… yes I did forget (at the end) about the shield spell reaction.

I’ve got you fam.

1 Like

Vanimórien, or Vani for short, is a female cavern elf (whatever that means). Her name translates to common as “Dark Beauty” and she has long flowing silver-white hair and a youthful appearance but her true age is difficult to determine - elves don’t crack, yo! She has fair skin and large dark eyes with a slight blueish tint.

For some inexplicable reason, she wears a lot of clothing with spider web motifs (usually black) - specifically long lacey fingerless gloves in the pattern of spider webs and silk explorer’s clothing.

I may retcon her choker out in her next drawing.

don’t retcon her choker on my account, I think there is plenty of difference between the two. After conferring with my daughter ( who is doing the art for me), her choice of clothing coloring has steered to a darker purple color ( at least i think it has, we will she what she gives me). Jade will not be in silk, and doesnt much care for spiders.

I started working on a “What Has Come to Pass” PDF like I did for the Starfinder group last night. It’s slower going 'cause um unlike the Against the Aeon Throne 95% of the material has been coming out of my head and a lot of it was created in the moment.

we using classic or unity for this session?

Unity for this group as well. Get use to having to fail to join to put in the correct password for both his games…

Here is Jade

2 Likes

I’m competing against a real artist?! Not fair!!! :laughing:

if we were competing I wouldn’t have brought in a guest artist, and you would win. Your drawing of Vani is much better than I could have turned out. As I tell my daughter “I passed on all the artistic ability in the family so I could save it up for her.” :smiley:

Well its a really nice portrait. She’s very talented!

I don’t have any artistic ability either. It’s just been something I’ve been trying to pickup during the pandemic. This last one is the first one that @Rando hasn’t complained about so… I guess that’s something?

I’ve discovered that I like making my own character art, even if its just noob art, as when I steal a picture off the internet it just feels like somebody else’s character.

yeah I get that. Lacking any ability myself I used a little photoshop magic for Vash’s picture in the SF game, for some reason space goblins are rarely portrayed with spikey orange hair. ( i am pretty sure it isnt originally his). For Jade I had about 5 images I found that were close to what i wanted, but of such different styles that I couldn’t pull out the photoshop magic.

HEY! I resemble that remark! :smirk:

Sorry! :anguished:

I didn’t mean to cast aspersions on any non-artsies :sweat_smile:

I don’t have resemble those remarks since I know all dwarves and gnomes look alike to you tall people.

Hrmmppphhh

1 Like

You are important and you are valued member of our company, brother dwarf!

So um… the “new” map of the 1st floor of the Keep that we’ve been using was a .PNG instead of a .JPG.

11.7 MB vs 1.6 MB

Whoopsie.

So there’s an encounter that you probably won’t get to tonight - yay, Single Encounter Knights! - that I have to mess around with the layer controls in Fantasy Grounds Unity. Well, that’ll be one way to do it. Live and learn.

Anyway… I’m watching a tutorial video for FGU that shows how to do that. It’s specifically talking about adding spell effect icons to a map. I’m using the images for something else. But there’s a follow up video also talking about spell effect icons in 5E; OMG they’ve got spell effect icons baked in to the character sheet! So if you have say a fireball for instance you can add a token for it onto spell on your actions tab that you can drop on the map instead of drawing the circle like we normally do! F**ken cool!

Testing LOS by actually connecting to the game via a client. When I (re)share the map it resets all the fog of war that you’ve already uncovered. Good to know.

There’s three “new” occluders that I haven’t messed with yet that are kinda cool.
Windows - block character movement but don’t block line of sight
Invisible Walls - block line of sight but not character movement
Pits (experimental) - don’t block line of sight or movement until someone enters them then the person in the “pit” can’t see or move out of them

Cool!

1 Like

My wife has a name for the party . . . Death and Mayhem . . . who causes what to whom is up for debate. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes