VTT Client: Fantasy Grounds Classic (Ultimate License), or maybe Fantasy Grounds Unity; TBD
Host DM Name: OTG_Rando (classic) / scourge2805 (Unity)
Host Password/Connection String: will provide via Discord or PM
Voice: OTG Guild Discord - VTT channel
Dates/Time: Thursday September 24th, 8-11 EDT, then weekly same day/time till completed
Preferred Party Size: 4-6
- Ocelot - Vanimorion - Elf Wizard
- Ryukan - Maedhros - Elf Magus
- Mithinar - Rasinar - Dwarf Fighter
- Quixote - Torvad Sirini - Human Swashbuckler
- Airen - Synjen Smythe - Half-elf Cleric
Party is full.
Between Cormyr and the Moonsea lie the beautiful forests and fields of the Dalelands, home to some of the most powerful characters and exciting adventures in the Heartlands. Proud and free, these scattered realms stand against the dark evil of Zhentil Keep and the savage raiders of the mountains and forests. Ancient magic lies buried in dangerous ruins within the vast Elven Woods, waiting for the hand bold enough to seize it.
The Dalelands are a place where adventurers are welcomed, and heroes rewarded with gold, honor, and power. Enemies, old and new, move against the Dales constantly, and the call goes out for brave and true heroes to defend the land!
The Dalelands are the oldest campaign setting of the Forgotten Realms, finally described in detail. New and exciting information about each of these independent lands is contained in this accessory. Of course, the dark and sinister enemies who plot against the Dales are described as well! Prepare to meet the challenges of the Dalelands!
The game system is Paizo’s one-year old Pathfinder second edtion, but the game world is the venerable Forgotten Realms, specifically the Dalelands (or Dales). The first adventure will start in the town of Shadowdale (in the Dale of the same name).
Time wise, the adventure takes place in the year 1368, which is in the distant past of current 5E D&D’s Forgotten Realms timeline.
Characters will start at level 1. Characters can expect to reach level 20 the campaigns’s end (assuming they survive.)
Everything from the following published Paizo sources is valid for creating characters:
- Pathfinder Core Rulebook
- Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide
- Lost Omens World Guide
- Lost Omens Character Guide
With the following exceptions:
- no evil alignments
- ask the GM about ancestries like leshy, lizardman, orc, hobgoblin, catfolk, tengu, and ratfolk
- ask the GM about archetypes from Lost Omen’s World Guide or Lost Omens Character Guide
- ask the GM about the rare backgrounds from Advanced Players Guide
- ask the GM about stuff from Lost Omens Gods and Magic (we’d have to enter it by hand)
Clerics who are having trouble figuring out gods/domains, again ask the GM.
No purchases necessary.
Will be using Guild Discord for voice communication and Fantasy Grounds Classic as our virtual table top. A free demo license of Fantasy Grounds Classic is fine for connecting to my game. We may or may not make the jump to Fantasy Grounds Unity in the future; again no purchase would be necessary, a demo version of the software would be fine.
Session Zero (Thursday September 24th) will have character creation/input/discussion. Y’all can also discuss character concepts and/or ask questions in replies to this thread.
- Character’s can “swap” spaces in tight spaces. If Character A strides or steps into character B’s space, Character B can take an immediate step as a reaction to move out of the way.
- Magical Implement Rules (stolen from 4E D&D and modified for PF2) provided to current party.