[Finished] PF2 - Big Troubles in Little Otari Extravaganza (Sundays, 8-11 EDT)

400px-khan

(sorry, couldn’t help myself :wink: )

Also appropriate, perhaps even more appropriate

the doctor

@Mithinar be like “Please state the nature of your medical emergency.”

“We can’t roll medicine checks for shit” :laughing:

EDIT: Also I just saw the voyager clip where that gif came from :joy: . Seriously, Emilie almost died last night b/c these back alley barber surgeons kept rolling critical failures while she was at 0 hit points :neutral_face:

1 Like

So if I have this right, the DC of my demoralize action should be 10 + total modifier + 2, because the extra +2 is making up the difference of ties no longer going my way since I’m not technically rolling the die.

So since my ability modifier is 4 and my proficiency bonus is 4 then the DC should be 20 (10 + 4 + 4 + 2).

By comparison if I were rolling the intimidation check for demoralize, then it would be d20 + 8 to give an equivalent distribution of outcomes.

Is that right? (Man I had to go back and carefully read pages 444-445 in the CRB to grok this.)

Mithinar Hologram activated…

Hmmm to properly deal with healing dice roles, The Forbes Compendium of Medical Practices MXXL edition says the following:

" You must have the would be medical practitioner sit in the center of a chalk drawn pentagram within a circle. While in said inscription you must repeat your desire for good healing dice about 10 bajillion times. And then wait for the revelation.

What revelation is it you ask: It is the Nature of Fantasy Grounds. You must be enlightened by FG’s pagan gods on what color your fantasy grounds dice must be to have a remote chance to succeed!!!"

Mithinar Hologram Deactivated…

1 Like

@ocelot yes. That’s how I’m understanding the math. The bonuses and ability bumps are pretty straight forward. It’s that +2 that feels strange but it is important to balance the math. I’m not sure the CRB addresses this directly though because this is a bit of a hack in FG so that we can make life for our glorious and wonderful DM as easy as possible. The posted thread does a decent job of explaining the background behind it and to help make sure we have the best chance at making people feel crappy about themselves. :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

^

That part is key.

Hmm, Interesting. I would have figured this would have been the key :wink:

A voice from the grave tells you that Fantasy Grounds dice roller RNG ain’t got time for your math

1 Like

Well I just watched half of a very long YouTube video testing Illusion of Choice in Pathfinder 2e and I have to say that Foundry VTT looks amazing.

Anywho, I think I made a mistake with my level 2 skill feat selection and I should’ve chosen multilingual again to pick up Undercommon and Aklo instead of Intimidating Glare.

I took Entreat with Forbears as Emilie’s second level class feat and at 5th level I’m planning to pick up Nocturnal Charm. So there will be a lot of seducing going on. Should be fun to parlay with the denizens of the Abomination Vault.

Also thinking back to our last session, I think I may have attempted to demoralize the same monster twice within 10 minutes which it turns out you can’t do (well you can try but they are immune). My bad…

1 Like

Foundry is pretty darn cool, although it is faaaaaar more reliant on user mods and content than say Fantasy Grounds or Roll20. I am probably going to use Foundry when I run stuff because the user made core modules for D%D 5e, Pathfinder and Starfinder are as good as the core modules with Fantasy Grounds or Roll20. I have played a few games in Starfinder using Foundry and the setup to get going was a lot quicker than Fantasy Grounds.

Now that my Friday campaign is over I am down to only three ttrpgs a week now. What am I gonna do with myself? There are moments I find myself wanting to join y’all on Sundays again, but I’ll have to find something else to do with myself then heh.

That’s a bard for ya, so horney they can’t remember which monster they were tagging alre—oh wait you said demoralize not seduce my bad :smirk:

I know this doesn’t make sense, but I feel like it’s somehow appropriate.

Looking forward to game night! Wonder what we’ll find in the fishing camp?

Fishing Pole, bucket of bait, fishing line… and of course a Freshly zombified fisherman…

At a Guess…

Mithinar the Hologram

Reminder: dingage of level 3 next week.

Looking forward to next Sunday!

Also, since this is supposed to be our new home I think it makes sense to get to know the neighbors a little better. Emilie has questions for Olli and Finlay.

Shield Block; RESIST: 5 physical

!!!

When we leveled up, did we remember to move that +1 potency rune from apple bane over to one of the martials’ weapons? I don’t remember it being discussed so I’m assuming we didn’t :cry: It would be handy in the fight against the basilisk.