[Finished] PF2 - Big Troubles in Little Otari Extravaganza (Sundays, 8-11 EDT)

Me and my kiddo James

2 Likes

Me and Spoon

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t James have a beard now? A Starfinder playing beard?

I want to emphasize that though Outlaws of Alkenstar has honkey-tonk piano, whiskey-soaked saloons, and NPCs named ā€œCactus Jackā€ so definitively sounds like a Western, itā€™s still a Paizo PF2 experience set in Golarion and thus contains all the usual suspects: fireballs, elves, dragons, long swords, chain mail, etc

Ok. Knowledge checkā€¦. That looks like a Disney cruise railing and castaway cay umbrellasā€¦ā€¦

You have critically succeeded your knowledge check! Yes, we got married on castaway cay and were on the Disney Dream. Hence why I can claim being a Disney Fairy Tale Princess :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes Rando, James is much taller than me now and has a lot more hair.

1 Like

Sweet. We took a trip on the Wish earlier this year.

So Foundry v11 is ready to go. I did not update (this time!) 'cause all the add-ons and rulesets arenā€™t also ready to go.

I also bought the first module of Stolen Fate for Foundry (getting the PDF for free of course). I did a very quick look-see in Foundry and wasnā€™t very impressed. Iā€™ll read the actual module and umā€¦ I think my initial dislike after reading the playerā€™s guide stands.

So I guess itā€™s time for me to give up this pretense of Zanistra being a Drow.

The good news is that Cavern Elves (now known as Ayundelar) are finally getting some of the lore that they deserve! Apparently they are nomadic, chaotic good dwellers of the upper dark lands. So I guess that probably makes more sense in terms of her personality anyway.

At first I was pretty disappointed to hear the news, but Iā€™m a glass half-full kind of guy so I am pretty excited about what the future holds.

There is good still in him. I can sense it. :wink:

Mmmā€¦ Rubber Baby Groguwalker

Reminder: We are off next week and weā€™ll resume on July 9th!

1 Like

PF2 Remaster Core Preview is available (in PDF form) in case any of yā€™all want to peruse.

This post is too similar to the one I just posted in the other thread. Oh wait, it isnā€™t nowā€¦

Iā€™m trying my best to stay optimistic, but the changes in this preview are highly concerning. Did a spell attack cantrip really need a nerf? Okay, ignition has a pretty nice damage buff when in melee but havenā€™t we established that tanking is unhealthy for casters?

What am I missing?

Ignition is the new Produce Flame thatā€™s just betterā€¦

Yes, they boosted melee damage compared to Produce Flame but itā€™s still an overall nerf because they removed stat bonuses to spell damage - for all spells.

Also wizard in melee is bad juju.

And it keeps getting worse.

Oh shit they did nerf it!

Manā€¦

Kicked in the teeth again. sigh

The real burning question isā€¦ Are Champion Dice still a thing??? Because without them, the game would never be the sameā€¦

Mith

Their design manager is basically like ā€œWe give you a Shadow Signet at 10th level in case you still havenā€™t learned not to use spell attacks by then.ā€