Fallout 76 (For PC, through Bethesda)

There is a low limit on the number of people who can be on the same server, so there is not a guarantee that you will be on a server with your friends. The soft cap is 24 players on the map. I suspect they will allow a small number above that when friends join the server, but there will probably be a hard cap.

They have not talked about guilds yet. I suspect it is not in yet. I think they will put them in. I am wondering if they will call them factions. When private servers come out, I would not be surprised if guild only servers were a thing.

Hi Where did you see the info on Bethesda Friends list, sorry cant find anything.

So maybe everyone would have to add the Bethesda name here to be added over there and cross fingers???

Can I join friends?
Yes, you can see which of your friends are online, and just join them.

1 Like

Hey Jinx, I also love the Fallout 'verse and I really like co-op/multiplayer games so I’m all in on this one. I understand the concern about griefing, but it seems like Bethesda is well aware this could turn off players and has done a bunch to try to ameliorate this. You can “block” everybody on the server who is not your buddy and your blip will not show up on their map, and the map is LARGE ( four times the size of Fallout 4).

In order to insure you don’t accidentally attack another player and trigger pvp all you have to do is set the “pacifist” flag (it’s on automatically up to level 5). There are no mobs that look like human player chars.

With that flag set, all another player can do to you is “slapping damage.” They are still tuning this I imagine but it is going to be “light, it’s almost inconsequential” damage. Unless you are afk for a long time, this cannot kill you.

You can also fast travel for free to anybody in your party, to your C.A.M.P., or the vault 76. So, to review, you are invisible on a huge map with a couple dozen other players and might play for hours and never encounter one, but if you do, and s/he’s a wannabe griefer, they cannot kill you outright, and you can fast travel away to a number of locations if you wish to. That’s a little grief but that’s not getting murdered over and over and losing a bunch of loot or progression. Frankly, I think it might be fun to fast travel back to my OTG pals and return to see if the bully still wants to fight. :^)

Even if you did die, in Fallout 76, death isn’t supposed to be a super negative thing; you don’t lose your progression, you don’t lose all your stuff, somebody can’t kill you and then take everything in your inventory or make you start over. I’m sure there will be some griefers who look for the loopholes, and I suspect Bethesda will continue to tune the game to make sure there is “danger but not grief”…

Warmly,

TEEM

2 Likes

I have not a clue how we otg members will find each other in F76 but I will be in the beta tomorrow but as I play via a boot camp partition of windows 10 I can’t spare resources to also run discord I was thinking I would try to add OTG at the end of my game name like WindyOTG. But I guess it will be a bit more clear after tomorrow evenings beta session.
Cheers
Windy
well after a bit more reading we will find each other by our gamer tags and for Bethesda I am Windy99

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fallout 76 Friends - Who and How

Hi @Windy, Do you know ifwe get to set out gamer tag in the game, or is it our Bethesda.net account name?

TEEM

XxStill clueless
I am one of the misarible that has been forced to both redownload and unlock starting at about 6pm eastern the redownload is just under half done after 2 and a half hours the unlocking is worse 21 gig done of 48gig at 114 mb a sec it says 6 hours and a half to go… it has been constantly getting worse it started out a 400MB/sec and 3 1/2 hours for t(e unlocking.
It’s a real mess for a lot of us in the pc beta tonight…
I think it will be using the social tab on the PC searching for our Bethesda I’d WINDY99 is mine perhaps I will see you in the game on the next beta day session

It is your Bethesda.net account name.

Did you ever get in?

I made it eventually. Probably played about two and a half hours? Had fun. Need to get used to the controls and decide which view I like best. My mouse sensitivity may need a little tweaking too. Died a couple times, once before I’d even managed to craft a weapon. Second time during an event (had only a machete against some tougher mobs) but luckily right as the event criteria were met, so I got the kewl l00t. By 8pm I’d crafted a set of leather armor, had a couple pistols, and leveled up 3rd. Was hoping to get to five but whatever.

TEEM

Nope still chugging away on is now glacial slow re download we try again on Thursday.
This should have happened months ago not just before release in a few days time now the programmers ar looking at days of no going home sleeping under desks to try to fix the installer mess in time.

I had the same issue. I had to redownload, and after a few hours the speed went right to hell. Didn’t finish until after Midnight. I wasn’t just disappointed at losing the BETA time, I do understand that things happen and that this was likely a code glitch/file recognition/some random whatever and that’s not a big deal. My personal issue with this is that I am on a metered internet connection, and almost 50 gb again is a good sized chunk of my monthly allotment. That stuff gets costly.

Hopefully, Thursday’s extended BETA time will help iron out more wrinkles and let us all get in to test this puppy.

I did not get in. By the time I got home and launched the launcher, too many people were re-downloading the game. I was limited to 4MB / sec and then it went down to .5 MB - 1 MB from there. I did watch some people playing on YouTube without impacting my download rate. I stopped the download later as I knew there was no way I would get it in time.

I started the download again this morning and it was a better rate. I hope to play Thursday.

Bethesda dot net name is russ.schrader

So much for anonymity :slight_smile:

I did not get in last night. I had to redownload and at time was under 800 KBPS. Yes with a K.

I will also be loading Discord tonight so I can chat. Do we have a dedicated channel or just build one on the fly?

We have a text channel. It looks like the voice channel was over looked. I put in a request to have it looked into.

I went into the Fallout 76 channel tonight and it had an audio icon down at the bottom, so I think it audio may be enabled.

I am hoping to be on tomorrow around 7:00 PM Central. My account name is TorgSmith.

I enjoyed that. The game was solid for me and I was on ultra setting at 1080p. I will probably try FOV at 80 next time. Now the wait for Saturday.

I am hoping the reason they have not put up times for next week, is that they want to see how long sessions go. I am hoping they have the servers up much more next week.

I had a great time last night. Was pretty solid for me too, bit of lag at a busy check point and some when shooting up close, but that’s about it. Really close to Fallout 4 for me.

I had a blast. SO much fun to explore and do the quests. I did a couple events. I had some hitching issues that I need to troubleshoot…I lowered my graphics and it went away so its one of the settings. FO4 was the same way.