Crowfall - Guild name registered - accepting signups

I tend to play on east and trying out a number of toons so your welcome to join me any time you see me online

1 Like

thanks! I’m DuaneReade in the game. I hear grouping is really efficient way to level?

Holy cow TEEM, braving a wildfire to play Crowfall. THAT is dedication. :smiley:

And yes grouping up definitely speeds up leveling, there is no group xp penalty so you reap the rewards from everything your group members do. There’s also some large harvesting nodes (“Motherlodes”) that require a group to chisel away at (definitely beneficial for those putting points into mining/quarrying). :smiley:

Ben guilded ya @Diaz. Welcome aboard! :smiley:

I just did the application my game tag is Dragoons67.

Welcome Tonlar, Splutty tagged ya. Most of us are playing on the West server, though you can freely hop between east/west servers on the same toons so it doesn’t matter much. :smiley:

Thank you . :smiley:

Thanks for the invite.

:loudspeaker: Beta Group #6.5 has been invited.

:loudspeaker: Midnight tonight is the deadline to take advantage of the extra 20% guilded game price. $31 gets you unlimited beta game love.

Two questions(although one is an extended question).

1. What game(s) would this be compared to and is this something that can have a solo experience when people aren’t around to share the experience?

2. I’m looking at potentially buying a package and they all say “Play Now and Forever”. Does that mean I will have access to the game at all times moving forward? Or is it a bit of a deceiving statement?

The easier question…#2, yes buying the game now for $31 entitles you to play through the entire Beta and live launch. It’s a buy-once type of game, although people can buy extras from the Crowfall.com store at any time (cosmetic mounts, better player housing if you don’t wish to collect the mats to build your own, etc.).

Question #1 – it has been compared to a cross between Eve Online, Shadowbane, Game of Thrones, and the Walking Dead. Crafting is more like Star Wars Galaxies, very complex and everything you make has your name stamped on it. That said… you can play the game completely as a harvester/crafter and never touch a PvP zone, but you’ll be relying on guildies to get you the higher level mats from the Pvp zones (or, make a stealth toon and harvest there yourself while keeping an eye out). There will be vendors for people to sell their stuff on, so as a Crafter/Trader you could also just buy the higher tier mats needed.

Update: Right now for Beta the level cap is 30, which you can reach in a couple hours easily solo in the PvE “Gods Reach” area.

:speaker: GUILD EVENT TONIGHT !!
Keep your eyes on the Discord chat for a message from TrueWall.

Anyone who has a level 15 or higher toon and wants to check out the God’s Reach “INFECTED” map is welcome! The INFECTED is a PvePvp zone with the 3 factions (SUN/MOON/EARTH) trying to secure the Strongholds. There’s higher tier harvesting nodes to be found and much higher quality treasure chests to loot and graveyards for those putting points into Gravedigging.

There’s NPCs to kill, and there will also be opposing faction “enemies” roaming around. You don’t lose any of your inventory if you die, you just turn into a spectral crow and revive at the respawn statue in town if a guildie can’t revive you. The map is huge. Come check it out, we’ll be going in groups of 5 to explore.

Below is a screenshot from yesterday of a few of us goofing off capturing a tower. Optional, but entertaining. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who joined up tonight, good lootz and entertainment! :smiley: Now we just have to figure out the complex crafting system…

1 Like

Been working on Test server since last Beta event to try and get a handle on crafting. Slow going.

1 Like

It’s definitely a complex crafting system, hopefully we have enough OTG crafters by the time the games goes Live to take on the challenge. We’ll most likely end up having guild harvesting nights to store up resources for the crafters. So much to learn.

I just joined OTG, I have submitted a request to join in crowfall.

Welcome, and welcome! :slight_smile:

Splutty accepted your Crowfall application. Glad to have you join! We also hang out on OTG’s Discord, there’s a text channel there for #Crowfall under “GAME DEVELOPMENT”. There’s also a voice channel but since the game is still in beta it’s not heavily used yet.

Happy crowing!

application sent

Glad to have you join Darth! Truewall or Splutty will get to your app soon. Then it’s killin’ time :smiley:

Accepted. Come join us in Discord :slight_smile: