[CLOSED] Strength of Thousands, Thursday nights 7:30-10:30 PM eastern time zone

Did you guys play this week? Sorry I wasn’t there. If it’s any consolation I’m home now, very tired, and my feet hurt.

Yes, we had a short session. Finished exploring the temple and helped a ghost lady become a goddess. Went back to MZali and gave the tablets to Walkena and he inaugurated his “liberalization” policies.

Ding 14, everyone was caught unready to level up. So we will update characters at the start of the next session.

1 Like

And PCore2 dun f’d up Dathomir who is now um… Dathotrix.

I am ready to level up and play tonight!

Been working on some different things this morning. So far this is the front runner: Strix, Fighter/Wizard that uses a Gillhook (spear) and has an additional dedication of Staff Acrobat mainly to get the Whirlwind Stance that gives a +2 Circumstance bonus to AC. So it’s like Full Plate + having a shield raised but I can use a 2 handed weapon.

So I finished the Strix character. Here are the major differences: +7AC (I was obviously a lot lower AC than I thought), I get a constant 40’ Fly speed, damage drops off about 8.5/hit, and I am down 2 to hit and crit. Half of the damage loss comes from Dread Marshall Stance being replaced by Whirlwind Stance but I think the 2 AC will go farther than 4dmg/hit. The other half comes from Telluric … whatchamacallit… that I could get but it requires you to be on the same “ground” as the enemy and I am a flyer. The other things I gain are the ability to cast spells as I need to in combat. I also will have hands to do handsy things with. Oh and I’m down to 10’ reach from 15’ unless someone casts enlarge on me, or if I cast it on myself. I should probably put that in my repertoire.

Thank you everyone for putting up with my whining… I really wanted that character to work long term, but part of me knew it wasn’t going to last and I was holding on too hard.

I don’t know if this is actually what I’m going to play now to be honest. It has a good shot but I’m going to try a few other things that might be similar. There is a ninja turtle build still hanging out in my brain.

I have a bit of a backstory framework rolling around too. But I haven’t settled on a name yet.

So I mostly finished this character. Minotaur(medium) Fighter/Wizard/Marshall. He does a lot of damage, more than Celebguar potentially, but he gives up a lot of things that the Strix gets to deal with odd situations like Greater Darkvision, fly, blindfighting. His Crit specials are better too but he doesn’t have the +2AC stance that the Strix does either. His name is Vincent.

We may have a winner here. The latest version of Princess Passiflora Hurricane. Back from her sabbatical in Alkenstar and the Mana Wastes! Sprite(Pixie/Small not Tiny) Fighter/Wizard that uses a Dwarven Dorn-Dergar in Lunging Stance. Of course she can fly… she’s a freakin’ Princess! Normally a 10’ reach to bash the crap out of the baddies. But she can lunge to 15’ and reactive strike to 15’ (twice per round, tee-hee). Her damage output is probably between the minotaur and the strix, but with most of the functionality of the strix, just without the +2AC Stance.

!

/5char

Well, I’ve got nothing. I am currently not working on Dathomatrix II. No, sir.

1 Like

Made a Goloma Champion of Nethys that turned out pretty cool. I used the same Staff Acrobat Archetype as the strix and got his AC up to 40 when he is in his stance. Smite seems cooler now than I remembered it being before. I guess that’s a Remaster thing? Not posting a pic of this one because HeroForge doesn’t have a Goloma head and I had to improvise… it’s bad enough that it would probably keep me from using the character just because I wouldn’t have a good token. I could make it another ancestry easily enough but I would lose the cool “you can’t flank me because of all my eyes” thing.

1 Like

Well it is possible to fit in Champion Dedication to a 14th level character and hit most of the things I wanted. As it turns out Champion Dedication will give you the Weapon Ally and Smite Feats. So I made a NEW Princess Passiflora Hurricane, the time traveling Fighter/Wizard/Staff Acrobat/Champion of Nethys. If she is on the ground with her enemy and has smite going she is going to be extra deadly!

I would like to point out that these are just the 5 that seemed viable when completed. The other 10-15 died on the vine.

I’ve had a pretty good weekend of character building… time to start working on Rogue versions.

My conflicting constraints/priorities:

• I want a make a local character from the Mwangi; I have zero media literacy regarding inspirations for the Mwangi and thus have zero interesting character ideas
  • I want to play a “magic” character in the “magic” adventure; I hate PF2 casters
  • I don’t want to abandon Dathlue/Dathomir/Dathomatrix; I hate PF2 casters

You should make a Fighter. Fighters are awesome.

Ok.

I’ve got:

• a dual wield rogue (wizard) that’s probably going to die 'cause as soon as it starts attacking all the bad guys are going to realize it’s priority target number one
  • a dual wield fighter (druid) with flickmaces… yes I went there
  • an eldritch archer fighter rogue (wizard)

You could give @Daemoro 20 dollars and he will spend a week and come up with 100 characters you can pick from!!!

/cackle
Mith

The problem with that plan is @Rando would have to know what he wants! I at least wouldn’t have to worry about him liking anything I made… because he hates everything.

I need to stop making characters and finish just ONE!

Um… this feat is saying what I think it’s saying right?

(it’s the same in P-Core 2)