[CLOSED] Strength of Thousands, Thursday nights 7:30-10:30 PM eastern time zone

@Makuzi, I’m not sure which class features automagically upgraded in Fantasy Grounds when we dinged 11 but you - at the very least - have a general feat and a skill increase to pick.

@Makuzi and ding level 12. And finished the third(?) module of Strength of Thousands.

2 Likes

So I may or may not be taking @grapper’s advice and making the existing Dathomir (aka Dathlue) more enmeshed with the Magaambya. And I was playing around with AI portrait/token. And I was updating Dathlue to the remastered rules and possibly changing spells.

So, the party currently is:

Player Character Ancestry Class
@Makuzi Drogan Human (1/2 Something) Swashbuckler
@Daemoro Celebguar Fleshwarp/Beastkin/Wolf/Bat/Dragon/DoubleCursed Fighter/Druid
@eddyteagle Eldrict Elf Druid
@Uglybugger Bolumbo Human Alchemist
Rando Dathomir Elf Sorcerer

Right?

The “new” Dathomir Ose, teacher returning from a sabbatical… somewhere to start the new adventures of the new teaching crew.

The token is wider than our standard 200 but those robes are just too fabulous to truncate.

Underneath the hood this is just Dathlue “Mwganized”. I’ll have to roll all those semesters and stuff for campaign specific things. I’ve changed a couple spells to be more Remaster/Rage of Elements friendly.

The last update I have for old Dathlue - i.e. the new Dathomir - is level 12. Seriously? We got that high?!?!

1 Like

Celebguar- Fleshwarp/Beastkin/Wolf/Bat/Dragon/DoubleCursed Fighter/Druid

1 Like

@Rando

I’ll get the token into the game

1 Like

Yeah, Bolumbo is a human alchemist.

1 Like

I tried bolting monk or some other dedication instead of rogue onto the new Dathomir and it just doesn’t work. Sorcerer/monk would have been cool but it’s um… crap. I also thought about wizard 'cause I want to see if the remaster actually made them worth a damn but… prepared casting still sucks.

[Edit] I also thought about reviving Tammy-Lynn and Mwangizing her too. I really like a lot of the remaster cleric changes… but we don’t need a cleric.

[Edit] I like a lot of the cleric changes!

RE: sorcerer as main class. I’m having a hard time explaining why a sorcerer is possibly teaching at the Magaambya. Either you’ve got the magic in your bones or you don’t, there’s nothing to teach.

So… the new Dathomir (sorcerer) came to the Magaambya to learn wizardry of the (new) School of Civic Wizardry to help her people the Alijae elves of the (ruined) City of Nagisa repair/explore the city and keep safe against demonic incursion. She’s also an archaeologist (~cough~ rogue ~cough~) for doing the city exploration thing.

Hmm… nevermind actually. I don’t have to explain why she’s a teacher, I have to explain why she’s joining the party this late. From another class cohort? Done.

After rescuing the folks of… you know’s village ('specially her grandfather) and kicking the Knights of Abendigo in the teeth, I’m not sure what the party’s next gig is. So someone at the school thinks it’s a good idea for her to tag along with the party on their next gig.

Or wait! We could retcon that Dathlue was Dathomir the entire time and joined the party last adventure to help with the archaeology (~cough~ roguishness) at that ruined village um… place.

I did make a mini-Celebguar rogue but it “requires” free archetype monk.

The problem with the Monk dedication has always been waiting until 10th level to get Flurry of Blows. So… zero waiting :slight_smile:

Also I think you couldn’t do Dex to damage as a rogue using an unarmed character so punchy monk and natural weapons were out. It seems they fixed that in the remaster too.

I might make my catfolk rogue now. Or a bitey rat guy. Play him high enough and monk dedication would be cool.

Gigxactly!

“Okay students, there’s no textbook for this class and my office hours are 1pm to 3pm but I may or may not be there. Lecture attendance is optional for everyone including me!”

1 Like

I tried to coax the AI into making Dathomir look less like a stripper. I failed. I also tried to make her look more like an Alijae elf but the AI can’t be convinced that masks go anywhere but on the face. And all feathers must be huge and fabuluous. And of course breasts must be bountiful. And tiger skin or pattern means a tiger head on a humanoid torso. Oh well.

1 Like

The AI thinks these things because they are true.

Re-jiggering Dathomir’s spells 'cause of the Remaster and Rage of Elements.

I think I asked this before, but…

Can I take Teleport (it’s Uncommon) or will it break the campaign?

since I haven’t read all the modules yet, I don’t know if it would break the campaign

1 Like

Right… no Teleport.

Do we need/want to change (all? any?) existing spells to Remaster versions or is using the old spells okay?

[Edit] Dathomir has:

• Cantrip (chosen): Ray of Frost instead of Frostbite
  • Bloodline Spell (no choice): Magic Missile instead of Force Barrage (functionally identical)
  • Bloodline Spell (no choice): Dimension Door instead of Translocate
  • Bloodline Spell (no choice): Prying Eye instead of Scouting Eye (functionally identical)

old ray of frost is fine, if you want. All others are functionally identical.

1 Like

It’s Thursday!

2 Likes