[CLOSED] Strength of Thousands, Thursday nights 7:30-10:30 PM eastern time zone

Grapper will be back from her trip next week right?

Umm I think the 21st was the first day back.

2 Likes

I’m back, game this Thursday :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How was the vacay?

I’ve spent 2ish weeks second guessing Tammy-Lynn’s build, backstory, picture, outlook on life, etc. So, business as usual.

1 Like

Are you cure you’re not up to third guessing by now? :smirk:

3 Likes

Kinda stuck with work. I’ll be on a little after 8.

you missed a big fight with laundry

sounds like my weekends

1 Like

Game Day, see you all at 7:30… you know just in case someone needed reminding

2 Likes

Yeah Mak, we started the laundry before you got there!

~runs away and hides~

So I got the Dark Archive yesterday and I’ve been deliberately not reading as it would probably give me bad ideas.

1 Like

I dont think Ill make it tonight. Still in the field working. Not sure for how long.

@Makuzi we leveled to 2. Don’t forget that you get a free Wizard or Druid Dedication this level up from the adventure path.

I have made what I THINK is a complete list of the things I need to do to level:

Magus Level 1 to 2

Wizard Dedication for free from AP
Arcane School-Necromancy-Ray of Enfeeblement
Wizard Cantrips Prestidigitation and Shield (replace temporary Shield from AP)
Free Spellbook spell adds- above 2 plus Message, Invoke True Name, Grim Tendrils
Prepare second Shocking Grasp
Expansive Spellstrike Class Feat
Skill Feat Additional Lore-Academia Lore
Skill Acrobatics from Wizard Dedication

1 Like

Thanks. Sorry again about not making it. Yesterday I was in the field with my techs and didn’t make it home till 10.

The hours for this project are really starting to effect my personal life. I need a raise lol!

4 Likes

Don’t we all

1 Like

Ding level 2 @Makuzi btw. I didn’t kill Drogoon. Honest.

So…

Everyone’s input requested.

Tammy-Lynn’s stats are:
Str 10
Dex 12
Con 10
Int 12
Wis 18
Cha 16

So, ridiculously squishy - as y’all saw with the myconid last night.

The original plan was to take the druid archetype (the free one) at level 2 and take the sorcerer (or bard) archetype as well (using level 2 class feat). That would have meant lots of cantrips and eventually a decent amount of extra spells, but since it’s spell casting from archetypes the proficiency would lag behind 50% of the time compared to primary cleric spellcasting and spellcasters already struggle with DCs/to-hit compared to martials because of the lack of weapon potency runes on weapons affecting spellcasting in any way. And her survivability would still be in the toilet.

Or…

Patch her armor problem by picking up the sentinel archetype (using level 2 class feat) which would get her trained in medium armor and thus able to buy/wear a breastplate. Adding a (real) shield instead of the cantrip would add even more AC. Her strength is too low to meet the breastplate’s strength requirement so she would be -5 move speed (20 speed) and take the armor check penalties to the physical skills (all of which are all untrained as is). The free archetype would be wizard and used just be for picking up arcane utility spells and possibly the (important?) Nonlethal Spell metamagic feat. Can’t really pair sentinel with druid because being bound by the druid’s anathema means no metal armor or shields which kinda defeats the purpose.

Thoughts?

Since you already have Reach Spell losing the 5’ of movement isn’t as big a deal… or wouldn’t be for me. I personally love the Sentinel Dedication for casters to get armor. You could also get that 5’ back with Fleet.

On the flip side, I have fallen in love with having a Bard in the party. My Sunday group has a Full Bard that is always giving us +1’s to all the things. +1’s to all the things is AWESOME! I don’t know how much of your class feats would be required to get these “songs”, but I love them. Bardic Lore is awesome. GM says “It looks like a giant creepy green statue with four eyes and twelve ears.” She doesn’t miss a beat and says “I will recall knowledge using my Giant Creepy Green Statue With Four Eyes and Twelve Ears Lore Skill!”

More spells is never bad. It’s why I took Sorcerer dedication at level 1 with my ancestry feat… 2 cantrips was worth it. Especially since I picked up Disrupt Undead which is not on the Arcane list. But the amount and progression is terribad. But since I only ever have 4 spells total every single extra spell makes me more powerful.

That probably didn’t help you much.

My biggest conundrum coming up is: Do I go ahead and buy a Staff of Fire ASAP or do I wait and get Staff of Evocation?

Whichever one makes you look like this:

2 Likes

You know, I could do sentinel and bard if we could convince @grapper that bard would be an appropriate free archetype for a student of the Magaambya (instead of druid or wizard).

~bats eyelashes~

And…

The thaumaturge is soooo cool.

1 Like