[Closed] PF2 - Gatewalkers (Thursday, 7:30-10:30 EDT), trading off with Grapper, et al

Has anyone heard from @eddyteagle ?

Usually he would have chimed in by now, hope he is OK.

I have not. :worried:

I just shot him a FB message. Will update if/when he responds.

He posted something on FB yesterday so heā€™s not dead.

1 Like

Iā€™m still alive. I just thought we didnā€™t have a game last week, sorry I missed it. No game this week from the soundsā€¦

Correct.

Mak and Grapper are out this week. Resuming June 15th. Two, three sessions left?

2 Likes

Itā€™s Thursday!

1 Like

Iā€™m Home!

3 Likes

Reminder: Ding level 4 and end of the module next week!

2 Likes

Reminder: About the reminder! :point_up:

1 Like

I plan on being on time for the game. I have however been coerced into helping a buddy rip out the carpet in a new home he bought.

I will have to log out no later than 10 pm though if not a little earlier. I have to be up at 4:30 for an FD event and need my beauty sleep.

1 Like

Just to be all official-like, the first module of Gatewalkers - The Seventh Arch - is finished.

The party has left Castrovel with the help of the recently cured Alelli and the other elves of Loskialua and stepped back through the portal that brought them there in the first place. The Shadewither Key was consumed in the process. Where did the party end up? Tune in next time to find out!

Resuming after @grapperā€™s next installment of Strength of Thousands!

2 Likes

So you guys have signed off on continuing Gatewalkers instead of the Randoverseā„¢. Okay.

When we ran the first module of Gatewalkers, I halved the size of the grid (i.e. doubling the size of the maps play space) on most of the maps as well as changing/scaling a number of the those single creature encounters that litter Paizo adventures.

In the Randoverseā„¢, I plan on running two alternate rules from the Gamemasterā€™s Guide, namely:

and the recommended addition of

Prof w/o Level simply removes the level of a character/creature/hazard from all of itā€™s stats. This flattens the math and makes the game behave similarly to 5E D&D, i.e. a group of goblins is still a significant threat (but still easy) to a high level fighter but a dragon becomes easier to manage for a low level party (but still hard).

Auto Bonus Prog bakes all of the potency runes, striking runes, etc, normally found on gear into the characters that the game expects them to have a certain levels even if they have not purchased/found/crafted said runes from normal play. PF2ā€™s itemization is already boring as sin and this will make it a bit more boring, i.e. you wonā€™t be looting any striking weapons or even +1 weapons anymore as those will be baked directly into your characters at the appropriate level. Youā€™ll be waiting for ghost touch runes and returning runes and such instead.

I have no idea if/how these alternate rules are changing in the remaster (if at all), so plans could change.

In our next outing in Gatewalkers, do we want to:

1. try these alternate rules?
  2. do what I did before and scale encounters using the existing math of the game?
  3. run the adventure as is?

[Edit] And no noncommittal shit either! Pick one of 1-3!

Just to be official, weā€™ll be starting Gatewalkers numero dos on Nov 30th.

@Makuzi , @grapper , @Daemoro , @eddyteagle , @Uglybugger

Reminder that we are resuming walking through the Gates on Nov 30th.

The party is level 4. If you canā€™t remember your character(s), theyā€™re listed up in the first post of the thread.

Gonna look at switching characters, if Iā€™m lazy and donā€™t do it Iā€™ll still be a gunslinger. Whatā€™s the starting gold for lvl 4?

Good choice @eddyteagle! @Rando loves gunslingers!!

850gp, but let me go see what everyone else has.

So umā€¦
Party Mean Wealth: 183.45 gp
Party Median Wealth: 154.38 gp
Lowest Party Wealth: 88.4 gp
Highest Party Wealth: 360.3 gp
Party Total Wealth: 917.25 gp

No party members have anywhere near wealth-by-level of 850 gp - in fact the entire party together barely has more!
Only one character has higher than the mean.
In a sample of 5 characters, obviously two characters have higher wealth than the median and two have lower.

So um, if anyone wants a new character, you get the mean? median? lowest?

[Edit] Whoospie. That was 850 gp for the whole level 4 party (of four), or ~900 gp for a party of five. So you guys are pretty spot on. Wealth-by-level for a 4th level character is 140 gp. Again the party (cept the one poor soul) is doing fine.

What time will the server be up Rando?