Check your email alpha 1 backers :)

Here’s one of those “Ooooooooo” moments:

Last night I had Crossbow of Revealing. It sorta sounded like it would show up players better or show invis players but I hadn’t noticed anything showing up.

When you have a “magic” item, if it’s selected you get another hot button to activate it’s ability. For your primary weapon it’s usually Q. So I had hit Q which made the crossbow shots erupt when they landed into this grand spectacle of effects. I thought I had seen someone over by a big building so I’d hit Q and fired that direction. While the fancy spell effects were going off, I suddenly noticed a faint outline of a player in between me and the spell effects and he was sneaking my way! So naturally I filled him full of bolts and presto, got a kill. :wink:

So yeah, Crossbow or Bow of Revealing is on my list of “Things to always carry” in AoC!

When I enter the username and password sent in the email, it says I am not authorized. ??
Guessing it’s because the servers are down.

Yes, that’s the message when the servers are down. Next round of Emails should be Wednesday and the next stress test will probably be Friday, Sat or Sun.

Note to those playing the Battle Royale: Beware the Red swirly storm, it is not your friend. :wink:

Now I’ve played other BR type games but Sunday when I was too near the collapsing edge I saw that oh so pretty red swirly stormfront approach. I was thinking how cool it looked and let it pass over me. It’s even prettier on the INSIDE! :slight_smile:

Then, of course, I noticed how much damage I was taking from it and had to sadly leave.

Healers are going to have their hands full in this title if the dangerous AOE stuff is that pretty to look at! It’s like giving candy to a DPS, they’ll stand in it!

A couple of things that have made a distinct impression on me.

1. Destructible houses. Many of the spells and weapons used by other players could blow down a plaster or wood wall after only a couple hits. It’s actually a beneficial way to get out of a house if you’re trapped inside. :wink:

2. Ranged combat. Now this may change in the future but the way it works now is pretty damn slick. Currently only Action Combat is in the game, IE no tab targetting, target lock kind of combat. What that means for a ranged user is you have to actually take time to AIM and be precise leading shots towards a moving target, etc. In other words, it works like it really would. Supposedly, the tab targetting, when added, will only work out to a certain distance. So beyond that you’d have to aim and be accurate to hit things, but the key thing here is it’s possible to tag someone 200+ meters away! :wink: So many other games really ticked me off since they limited the max range an arrow could travel. I can see a magic spell losing power and fizzling out the longer it traveled but an arrow should just complete it’s arc and finally drop a damn long ways away.

This has me really wanting to try out the Ranger Mage combo. Imagine, if you will, that you can shoot an arrow as far as you can see and it pops off a nasty AOE spell where it lands!!! The accuracy demands go down and the sniping possibilities go through the roof!

P.S. Bows and crossbows have a “zoom” ability! cackle Yes, my bow has a scope on it.

ZOOM?! How did you zoom?

The armor is awesome. Hahaha I eventually decided screw this and spent all my time hiding until the arena was super small. Then I use invisibility armor and just walk up and clock people from behind. :rofl:

Right Mouse Button is called “Focus”, causes a zoom state for ranged weapons. It’s in the PDF below.

Thanks! For some reason I didn’t get one. I was having all sorts of weird technical issues.

Anyone get an email saying you’ve been promoted to ‘Alpha Stress Tester’ from the ‘Community Ashes of Creation?’
It just has a couple links to click on but looks suspicious to me so I decided to check here. :smiley:

Yes. That means that you now have the ability to access the ashes alpha testing forums. Go to this link: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/40303/how-to-obtain-your-nda-discord-channel-rank/p1

And put in your discord and you will then have access to the alpha testing discord channel.

Thanks! Caution is why it takes me a week to get from the character starting area to the treeline of the nearby forest. :smiley: