Check your email alpha 1 backers :)

I received the email as well !! Testing here we commmme !!

Still waiting on 2nd email. Guess itā€™s next week for me.

Downloading nowā€¦those of you who havenā€™t gotten your second email yet might want to double check to make sure it didnā€™t come first. I got my username/password email first before I got the log in instructions

Iā€™m in waiting on a match :smile:

Finaly got in and Iā€™m stuck on a flying mount in the sky and canā€™t do a thingā€¦and just died from the zone shrinkingā€¦I have no clue whatā€™s going on here lol

whatā€™s the title/subject of the credential email?

almost the exact same as the one Bambi posted Ashes of Creation - Stress Test informationā€¦only difference is swapping information for invitation

Got mine today :slight_smile:

Got my credential email just now, installing!

First observation: I have a 150mbps pipe but Iā€™m only getting 10mbps on the install download.

From Discord:
Glorious Ashes Community, 2000 codes have gone out for todayā€™s test. The remainder of Alpha 1 codes will go out by Wednesday. :heart:ļø stress testing will last into the evening tonight PDT

I got in but am having serious techinical difficulties and cnaā€™t even launch the game :sob:

Launched, itā€™s GORGEOUS :wink: Ran around, found all kinds of gear, managed to get a few kills in before a CM(!?) killed me. Was that a Community Manager?

Movement was very fluid, framerate quite high on my Nvidia 1080. Controls felt very natural, common layout.

Bow hit distance seems VERY far, none of this silly max range of 50 meters or so.

Been a long time since Iā€™ve done action targeting. So far a lot of running around, a few times fighting, and very little success. Though Iā€™ve been in the last handful to die several times.

Well, that was interesting. Scenery was well doneā€¦I ran around exploring and trying to avoid getting ganked so I could look at things. Jumped up on a rock and when I went to jump again, I was suddenly high above everything on a Pegasus. So I gradually descended until I landed in a complex of buildings and then ran off again until someone started shooting at me. I avoided him for a while, doubled back on higher ground looking to jump on the bad person when I ran into someone else who killed me in around 2 swordstrokesā€¦then I was a ghost or something and the weapons in my hand kept changing until I fell through the world and had to exit. Thatā€™s my adventure! Glad thereā€™s going to be plenty of PvE to go around as well :smiley:

Lol sounds like I was the first one to get a entry code but last one who still hasnā€™t got in. Just out of curiosity is it wasd to move or mouse?

wasdā€¦space to jumpā€¦L-shift to sprintā€¦lmb to swing swordā€¦easy-peasy to die :slight_smile:

Finally managed to get in and have it playable. Great fun! Damn near won my first match. Ened up finishing third because I got stuck in a house that I thought would be the eye of the storm but it ended up being just outside the house and I died 2 seconds before the other guy :frowning: got 2 kills and died to the storm and not to a player though so Iā€™m happy

Best part was running in from the storm saw another guy running as well. And took a couple cheap shots on him with my sword while running and got the killā€¦he was probably pretty annoyed lol

Youā€™re doing better than I am. I keep getting killed by ranged players that I canā€™t find. I havenā€™t even seen another player yet.

I got in a few times, best time I hit the center of the castle and just lost a sword fight to some guy in front of a chest

For you folk that die quickly, put some armor on! Itā€™s downright funky how you do it in this ā€œbattle royaleā€. Hit E to pick up a piece of armor. Then select the quick slot thatā€™s holding it and ā€œfireā€ the armor (ie, left click while itā€™s selected). That will equip it. Not straightforward at all. :wink: