Atlas the new Elyria made better (released date 12/13/2018)

Saw Rykos post this on discord i am very very interested in it. Tried Seas of Thieves i had lots of hope for that game but wasnt quite what i expected. Comes out on steam Dec 13th for EA. Im gonna pick it up. Anyone interested in starting a OTG guild there?

https://www.pcgamer.com/atlas-mmo/

I will be getting it for sure. Always a sucker to sail under the Jolly Roger one more time.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to check it out.

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking of picking it up. Sounds interesting but knowing how Ark launched , we could be in for a bumpy ride.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be jumping on this oneā€¦ looks like it launches tomorrow

While the gameā€™s Steam page suggests deployment begins around 1 p.m. EST Dec. 19 , its official website has a countdown timer currently set to conclude at 6 p.m. EST Dec. 19 . For now, keep an eye on both those times. Itā€™s possible both may be correct, in that downloads go live at 1 p.m. EST but servers will remain offline until 6 p.m. EST.

1 Like

We need to make an effort to land on the same server on launch maybe thru Discord?

Iā€™m intringued by this. I never played ark so I have no idea what to expect with this. All the Reddit posts about this today are pretty toxic. People bellyaching about the lack of region locks and how the Chinese will ruin it. I have no idea.

1 Like

i still play ark on and off till this very day it was messy at first but now its a great game. It was always a good game. So maybe they learned alot from that release. I mean lots of mmoā€™s have rocky releases then adjust themselves. So im not worried about peoples opinion that havent played the game before and have no experienced launch yet ill be my own judge as should you :slight_smile: if it peaks your interest give it a try i know i am!

Iā€™m starving for a solid game to play. Will definitely be watching this closely.

1 Like

There are only going to be I think 4 official servers unless they put up Oceania as another location. Right now the word is a PvE and a PvP server in both US and Europe. I would hope they would have Oceania as another location and then the Chinese would be fighting the Aussies. :slight_smile:

I will probably get on next week. The first days of EA are always hectic, reboots, restarts, and too many people in the starting regions. Let the crowds thin out a bit first. I am wondering if you can create your own server like in Conan Exiles on your own hardware instead of having to rent a server. I will probably only play on a PvE server anyway.

That said I did play for a few years on PotBS, so this is really welcome news on a game that I hope will be better than that. It probably wonā€™t be more accurate in sailing or fighting in sailing ships. It will be interesting if the wind and direction will make a difference or not, unlike in say Assassinā€™s Creed Black Flag or Rogue where wind direction and the direction you were sailing didnā€™t really make much of a difference. I would expect Skull and Bones being a rendition of those two games to be much the same, which if Atlas is pretty good, it will put Skull and Bones in a coffin before they even ship. I bet Ubisoft is going nuts right now thinking that very thing.

This article provides some good info about release. One interesting note is they are looking at a 2 year development cycle so release will be at least 2020 if not later.

Yea Iā€™ll be playing on the PvE server too. I have a feeling itā€™ll be crazy though as most will head to the PvE server.

I hope they allow you to host your own serverā€¦ I have so much server space available itā€™s just begging for something like this. :grinning:

Will we get a Discord channel for this under General Gaming?

And we wait

All good things come to those who wait. :joy:

yeah if you consider the also 7 days it was delayed. My faith on this game wanes

I know itā€™ll be good as Iā€™m hosting Christmas (all in-laws) and everybody starts arriving Saturday so I have to be social for 4 days.

I kinda hope they delay it until next week. :grin:

its actually looking to be a really fun game. Rykos and a number of others have a few sub groups going on and well be trying to work together with one another.

for the free city im helping run we have a small website adssociated with it: http://newbrodgar.com/

maybe if we get enough people togehter we can start an otg group or affiliation.

1 Like

Just saw this on Steam. Iā€™ve been waiting for a good pirate game. It looks amazing. Still need to do some research to see what itā€™s all about, but Iā€™m excited!

if this is not going to be an official OTG game, please remember to make a non-OTG guild name so that we can invite non-OTG to guild. If we create an official OTG guild, then its only for OTG membersā€¦so choose wisely.

Heh, I was right, the Skull and Bones team are crapping their pants. I just got an email from them giving us an update on them making the best pirate game everā€¦ hehehehe, yeah Atlas caught them with their pants down, but whereā€™s Atlasā€¦