A Light in the Darkness

CBC News

2.08M subscribers

The first Canadian clinical trials for a possible COVID-19 vaccine have been approved by Health Canada. Dr. Scott Halperin, the director of the Canadian Center for Vaccinology, explains the different phases of testing that a potential vaccine would have to go through. To read more: http://cbc.ca/1.5573283

The Sound of Music - FULL STAGE SHOW | The Shows Must Go On - Stay Home #WithMe

The Shows Must Go On!

1.25M subscribers

This Friday 22nd May, Rodgers and Hammerstein’s timeless musical classic is premiering on The Shows Must Go On from 7pm BST, 11am PT and 2pm ET! Available for 48hours Only! Make sure you don’t miss out! Grammy Award-winning music superstar Carrie Underwood stars in “The Sound of Music Live!” The three-hour telecast of the Rodgers & Hammerstein musical classic also features TV and stage star Stephen Moyer as well as Tony Award winners Audra McDonald, Christian Borle and Laura Benanti.
#TheSoundOfMusic #CarrieUnderwood #RodgersandHammerstein #Musicals #TheShowsMustGoOn

Donation and fundraiser links are on the youtube page.

HAIRSPRAY Live! - FULL SHOW | The Shows Must Go On - Stay Home #WithMe

The Shows Must Go On!

1.27M subscribers

This Friday 29th May The Shows Must Go On takes you to Baltimore so prepare to welcome the 60’s from 7pm BST! Available for 48hours Only! Make sure you don’t miss out! Unfortunately due to rights restrictions this show won’t be available in LATAM and Asia Hairspray Live! tells the inspiring story of Tracy Turnblad (newcomer Maddie Baillio), a plump teen in 1962 Baltimore who wins a spot on a local TV dance program and ignites a campaign to integrate the show. The three-hour live event is directed by Tony Award®-winner Kenny Leon and features choreography from Tony Award®-winner Jerry Mitchell. The all-star cast includes Kristin Chenoweth, Harvey Fierstein, Ariana Grande, Derek Hough, Jennifer Hudson and Martin Short. (Original Title - Hairspray Live!) - 2016 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
#HAIRSPRAY #NBC #Musicals #MusicalTheatre #TheShowsMustGoOn #ArianaGrande #JenniferHudson #KristinChenoweth #MartinShort #HarveyFierstein

Donation links are on the YouTube page and the fundraiser link is for The Actors Fund: COVID-19 Emergency Relief.

In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic and theatres across the world closing their curtains indefinitely, SiriusXM host Seth Rudetsky and his husband, producer James Wesley have created Stars in the House, a daily live streamed series to support The Actors Fund and its services.

With new shows airing daily at 2 PM ET and 8 PM ET, Stars in the House is a combination of music, community, and education (from CBS Chief Medical correspondent Dr. Jon LaPook) located on the Actors Fund YouTube Channel. With musical performances by stars remotely from their home and conversations with Seth and James between each tune, viewers can also donate to the charity and interact with the guests in real time. Stars in the House raised over $50,000 in the first four days of airing. Guests include Andrew Lloyd Webber, John Lithgow, Jason Alexander, Kristen Chenoweth as well as couples confined together like Audra McDonald and Will Swenson, Frozen composers Bobby Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez, writers Tina Fey and Jeff Richmond, and many more. Stars in the House plans to stream daily until Broadway re-opens.

Here are some examples of Stars In The House:

# #StarsInTheHouse Tuesday 5/19 8PM: The Stars of CW’s hit show, THE FLASH

•Streamed live on May 19, 2020

Stars In The House

21.5K subscribers

The stars of CW’s hit show, The Flash, join us for a Stars In The House reunion, including Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin, Danielle Panabaker, Candice Patton, Tom Cavanagh, Carlos Valdes, Danielle Nicolet and Hartley Sawyer.

Tuesday 5/26 8 PM: Star trek Voyager Reunion

•Streamed live on May 26, 2020

I was unable to view most of the videos on this page. The message I received was:

Video unavailable

This video is private

Is there another link for those of us who don’t have access to view these private videos?

Lyn,

What you have to do is go to the particular vendor’s channel, for example, Stars in the House has a youtube channel (the link is often in the post), then view their ‘Playlist’ for plays that are currently available. Hope this helps.

Mid.

aha…ok, did not think of that. Thanks Mid

The stage plays are only up for 24hours in uk and 48 hours everywhere else, sound of music wasn’t available in the US at all.

The WIZ Live! - FULL STAGE SHOW | The Shows Must Go On - Stay Home #WithMe

The Shows Must Go On!

1.29M subscribers

Next Friday 12th June, ease on down the road with us when we’ll be showing The Wiz at 7pm BST, 11am PT and 2pm ET Available for 48hours Only! Make sure you don’t miss out! Not available in Asia and Latin America (except Brazil). “The Wiz Live!” brings the wonderful world of Oz to life like never before, featuring a star-studded cast of performers and the awe-inspiring Cirque du Soleil Theatrical. Whisked away from home by a tornado, young Dorothy finds herself transported to the magical Land of Oz, where she sets off on a quest to meet the powerful Wizard and find her way back home. Crossing paths with enchanting friends and wicked foes, Dorothy’s journey is a timeless tale about friendship, courage and learning to believe in oneself. Starring Queen Latifah, Mary J. Blige, Uzo Aduba, Ne-Yo, and a host of other talented performers, “The Wiz Live!” invites viewers of all ages to ease on down the yellow brick road for a vibrant musical adventure unlike any other. (Original Title - The Wiz: Live!) - 2015 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.

Fundraiser for this show is for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)

Donation and fundraiser links are on the youtube page

Peter Pan Live - FULL SHOW | The Shows Must Go On - Stay Home #WithMe

•Premiered 19 hours ago

The Shows Must Go On!

1.3M subscribers

Join us this Friday 19th June as The Shows Must Go On flies to Neverland and premiere Peter Pan from 7pm BST, 11am PT and 2pm ET! Available for 48hours Only! Make sure you don’t miss out! Not available in Asia and Latin America (except Brazil). Donate to the Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital Here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/ww… Preparing to sprinkle fairy dust across America, NBC presents a bold new LIVE television production of the classic Broadway musical that will gather friends, families and anyone who refuses to ever grow up. Telling the beloved story of Peter Pan, the mischievous little boy who ran away to Neverland. Get ready for show-stopping stars, stunning costumes, extravagant sets and delightful music that will have everyone in your home singing along. From Executive Producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron comes a soaring LIVE three-hour holiday event guaranteed to take viewers on a magical and musical journey to the second star to the right. Alison Williams stars as Peter Pan and Christopher Walken stars as Captain Hook. (Original Title - Peter Pan Live!) - 2014 Universal Studios

TRACK LIST:
00:00 - Start
07:46 - Tender Shepherd
15:42 - I Gotta Crow
19:52 - Neverland
27:17 - I’m Flying
31:42 - Pirate March
35:00 - Vengeance
45:27 - Hook’s Tango
51:00 - Wendy
58:12 - Hook’s Tarantella
1:01:55 - I Won’t Grow Up
1:11:27 - Only Pretend
1:17:43 - Wonderful World Without Peter
1:22:45 - True Blood Brothers
1:29:04 - Distant Melody
1:33:14 - When I Went Home
1:42:43 - I’m Flying (Reprise)
1:44: 53 - Hook’s Waltz
1:59:45 - I Gotta Crow (Reprise)
2:00:56 - Only Pretend (Reprise)
2:03:56 - I Won’t Grow Up (Reprise)
2:09:38 - Finale Ultimo: Neverland (reprise)

#PeterPan #ChristopherWalken #AllisonWilliams #TheShowsMustGoOn #Musicals #NBC #MusicalTheatre #Live

Donation links are on the youtube page.

Michael Flatley Celtic Tiger - FULL STAGE SHOW | The Shows Must Go On - Stay Home #WithMe

The Shows Must Go On!

1.31M subscribers

Join us this Friday for Michael Flatley’s spectacular dance show Celtic Tiger! The international dancing master returns with another stage performance, taking as his subject the history and spirit of his native Ireland and its long traditions of music and dance.
#MichaelFlatley #CelticTiger #IrishDancing #Dancing #TheShowsMustGoOn #TheShowMustGoOn #Dance

Donate links on the YouTube page.

Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - FULL SHOW| The Shows Must Go On

The Shows Must Go On!

1.32M subscribers

We’ve loved bringing the theatre home to you every weekend throughout lockdown and entertaining millions of you! We will continue to release show clips over the summer, but Joseph will mark our final show before we take a brief summer break from full shows. We’ll be returning in mid-August with all-new seasons of exciting shows to keep you entertained whilst the theatres are closed. Be sure to follow us on Twitter and to like the Facebook page for all our latest updates!

To gear you up for tomorrow’s show, Magic at the Musicals, the digital radio station dedicated to musical theatre, is hosting a Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat Day! Tomorrow, they’ll be playing all the music from the show and special guest Jac Yarrow will be presenting his own show at 1pm. Have a listen at Magic at the Musicals | The Best Of Musicals

‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’ : Inspired by the record breaking London Palladium production, this version stars Donny Osmond, Maria Friedman, Richard Attenborough and Joan Collins. A lively and colourful journey through Ancient Egypt, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat follows the rags to riches story of Joseph, his eleven brothers and the coat of many colours. Spectacular visuals and an enchanting score packed with hit songs including Close Every Door to Me, Go Go Go Joseph and Any Dream Will Do make this a dream of a show for the entire family.

ACT 1
03:11 - Prologue (Some Folks Dream)
05:00 - Any Dream Will Do
07:34 - Jacob and Sons
09:49 - Joseph’s Coat
13:38 - Joseph’s Dreams
16:31 - Poor, Poor Joseph
19:02 - One More Angel in Heaven
24:42 - Potiphar
29:44 - Close Every Door
34:12 - Go, Go, Go Joseph

ACT 2
40:32 - Pharaoh’s Story
44:44 - Poor, Poor Pharaoh
45:30 - Song of the King
49:39 - Pharaoh’s Dream Explained
51:02 - Stone the Crows
53:41 - Those Canaan Days
59:53 - The Brothers Come to Egypt / Grovel, Grovel
1:03:44 - Who’s the Thief?
1:06:34 - Benjamin Calypso
1:09:29 - Joseph All the Time
1:10:56 - Jacob in Egypt
1:11:45 - Any Dream Will Do (Reprise)/Give Me My Colored Coat
1:15:30 - Joseph Megamix

Donation link on the youtube page.

https://youtu.be/M5azNpTwVk8

FAME: The Musical - FULL STAGE SHOW | The Shows Must Go On

The Shows Must Go On!

1.32M subscribers

The definitive 30th-anniversary tour of Fame: the Musical, starring Keith Jack and Jorgie Porter with Mica Paris, from the Peacock Theatre in London’s West End. Available for 48 Hours Only! Make sure you don’t miss out! Based on the 1980 phenomenal pop culture film, Fame The Musical is the international smash hit sensation following the lives of students at New York’s High School For The Performing Arts as they navigate their way through the highs and lows, the romances and the heartbreaks, and the ultimate elation of life.

Donation Links to The Father Fame Foundation, Acting For Others, Broadway Cares, Actors Benevolent Fund, and NHS Charities COVID19 Appeal are on the youtube page.

#Fame #TheShowsMustGoOn #Musical #Musicals #MusicalTheatre #DavidDeSilva #FameTheMusical #TheShowMustGoOn

Is anyone following the story of Stephanie (Tanquerary was her stage name) on Humans of NY Instagram? Its a 32 part story that Brandon is doing on her and she lived quite the life. Just follow Human of NY and you will see it.

She is in her 70s now and got some health problems so he started a fund raiser for her. Its going into a trust to pay for her care and left overs get donated to a NY children’s home. As of this morning he had raised $1.3 million for her…and counting.

By the way it is not a PG story at all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alfie Boe: Bring Him Home - FULL SHOW

The Shows Must Go On

The Shows Must Go On!

1.34M subscribers

Join us this Friday 16th October as we celebrate one of the West End’s most iconic voices with the full performance from his sell-out Bring Him Home Tour. Available for 48 hours Only! Make sure you don’t miss out! Alfie Boe: Bring Him Home - Filmed live at the Royal Festival Hall in London, during Alfie Boe’s sell out tour; the star of Les Miserables and the much loved tenor showcases his mesmerizing and outstanding voice in his very own show Bring Him Home. With an impressively diverse collection of tracks including the impassioned “Maria” from West Side Story, Ewan MacColl’s heartfelt “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face”, a truly breathtaking rendition of “Bring Him Home” from Les Miserables and an emotional performance of Martina McBride’s ‘In My Daughters Eyes’. Plus, Alfie performs a wonderful medley of James Bond theme tunes, and uniquely inspired renditions of tunes from Moulin Rouge, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and much more. Alfie is also joined on stage for some unique performances by his very special guests, including Matt Lucas, Melanie C, Tom Fletcher from McFly, Claude-Michel Schonberg and Shakira Riddell-Morales. The peoples favorite tenor, delights with a truly magical performance.

#AlfieBoe #BringHimHome #TheShowsMustGoOn #MusicalTheatre #Theatre #Arts #WestEnd #Broadway #Musicals

SONG LIST:
00:39 - Wheels of a Dream
05:39 - Being Alive
08:11 - As If We Never Said Goodbye
13:04 - Hushabye Mountain
15:50 - The Impossible Dream ft. Matt Lucas
21:58 - Someone To Watch Over Me (Medley)
26:33 - Empty Chairs at Empty Tables ft. Tom Fletcher
30:58 - Maria
34:53 - Tell Me It’s Not True
40:15 - James Bond Medley
47:44 - It Was A Very Good Year
54:14 - A Day In The Life ft. Tom Fletcher
59:48 - You’re All I Need To Get By ft. Mel C
1:03:28 - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
1:08:42 - In My Daughter’s Eyes
1:13:20 - Song To The Siren
1:19:09 - Castle on a Cloud
1:21:39 - Bring Him Home ft. Claude-Michel SchĂśnberg
1:27:38 - Come What May ft. Mel C
1:34:54 - O Sole Mio/It’s Now Or Never
1:39:16 - Jacob’s Ladder

Donate to these worthwhile arts causes:

Acting For Others
Broadway Cares
Actor’s Benevolent Fund

Donate to NHS Charities COVID19 Appeal
Virgin Money Giving Fund

Links in the description on the YouTube page.

Wow, just wow. I’ve watched part of the video but had to break off to do other things. I’ll get back to it when I have the time for it…sometime this weekend I think.

Thanks again for this. :grin: