A Light in the Darkness

Mickey Mouse

Make bedtime magical, with a little help from shopDisney. :sparkles: Starting today through April 30, you and your family can call 1-877-MICKEY to hear a special sleepy time message from Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy. For more, visit http://di.sn/61891215P. #DisneyMagicMoments

Cindy Smith

Last night I had the opportunity to be able to get a patient who was already confirmed with Covid-19. Typically in the ED we get these patients sometimes in distress and they go to the unit, or based off what we see, mentally check off the “oooo, I bet they have it” box. We often dont find out until later if those educated guesses were accurate.

It’s a bit of a different feel, I guess, when you 100 percent know the person in your room has the virus that has caused the 2020 upheaval of normalcy. You still know what your job is, and do it promptly… but there is an element of fear that tugs in the back of your brain. Did I tie my gown back appropriately? Is enough of my hair covered? Is my badge sticking out of my gown? Many of these selfish somethings began to ooze into my conscious. After a moment, I looked back up at my patients face. I saw the the person in front of me. This sweet woman looked scared. She looked tired. It was clear she was working very hard to breathe and yielding very poor results despite her efforts. There is a specific type of panic that is in a person’s face when they cannot breathe. Nothing else matters. As I saw this poor lady’s face, my heart dropped. I took a second while starting her IV to think of all the people and things that allowed me to safely care for this patient. The food in my belly donated from an ER doctor and local Thai restaurant. The surgical cap protecting my hairs sewn by a derby sister. My p100 mask that was scored by a fellow RN who befriended a manager at ace hardware. My trusty coworker who was in the yellow bunny suit with me hooking her up to oxygen. I started thinking of all the kind messages, mail, presents and words I’ve recieved… and felt ALL that love that was behind me.

Most nurses can go in and get the job done. I felt like with all the love and support I’ve been shown these last few weeks, I was able to be a great nurse for her. Took the time to hold her hand, listen to her talk about her husband in short 3 word spurts. Cover her feet with blankie and rub her head with my gloved hand as I started her antibiotics.

It must have been terrifying going up to that unit, passing everyone with a their tubes and beeping machines. She was still on a face mask, and was worried her husband had not called back yet. I could see her little hands shaking as me and my charge nurse moved her to her soft ICU bed. I wanted to get out of that covid unit so fast. I turned around real quick and put my face above hers so she could see my face. I looked into her light blue eyes and shouted over the whir of the negative pressure and the barrier of my huge mask… “You’re in good hands, Jane.” And held her hand one last time.

I could offer no false promises at the moment; I have no idea how she will fare. But I was glad that I was able to help show her some kindness and comfort in what, I could only imagine, as a terrifying and lonley experience.

Many of you have asked what you can do to help… you’re doing it. All these acts of kindness and support have allowed me to be present to not only perform my nursing tasks, but do them with the love and care they should be delivered with. Many of you cant be there with me, but I wanted to paint a picture of how these deeds really do help us on the front lines and make a difference. Not only our sanity, but the health of those that are entrusted to our care.

Be safe and keep showing the love :two_hearts:

Hope may be a year away!

Join Global Citizen, the World Health Organization, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, Lizzo, and many more artists and healthcare experts as we raise funds for global COVID-19 response efforts. Learn more at GlobalCitizen.org/TogetherAtHome.

ARTIST Lineup:

Hours 1 & 2

Adam Lambert
Andra Day
Black Coffee
Charlie Puth
Eason Chan
Hozier & Maren Morris
Hussain Al Jassmi
Jennifer Hudson
Jessie Reyez
Kesha
Lang Lang
Liam Payne
Lisa Mishra
Luis Fonsi
Milky Chance
Niall Horan
Picture This
Rita Ora
Sofi Tukker
The Killers
Vishal Mishra

Hours 3 & 4

Adam Lambert
Annie Lennox
Ben Platt
Cassper Nyovest
Christine And The Queens
Common
Delta Goodrem
Ellie Goulding
Finneas
Jack Johnson
Jacky Cheung
Jess Glynne
Jessie J
Juanes
Kesha
Michael Bublé
Rita Ora
Sebastián Yatra
Sheryl Crow
Sho Madjozi
Sofi Tukker
The Killers
Zucchero

Hours 5 & 6

Angèle
Annie Lennox
Ben Platt
Billy Ray Cyrus
Charlie Puth
Christine And The Queens
Common
Eason Chan
Ellie Goulding
Hozier
Jennifer Hudson
Jessie J
John Legend
Juanes
Lady Antebellum
Leslie Odom Jr.
Luis Fonsi
Niall Horan
Picture This
Sebastián Yatra
Sheryl Crow
SuperM

Global Citizen is a social action platform for a global generation that aims to solve the world’s biggest challenges. On our platform, you can learn about issues, take action on what matters most, and join a community committed to social change. We believe we can end extreme poverty because of the collective actions of Global Citizens across the world. Register to become a Global Citizen and start taking action today: https://www.globalcitizen.org/

From https://www.facebook.com/blogto/

One of Toronto’s favourite fried chicken joints has turned their space into a grocery pantry :pray:t3:

https://www.facebook.com/blogto/videos/227586205178809/

His meer voice has a calming effect.

Pink Floyd concerts from their youtube pages

Fundraiser link for COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for WHO is on both video pages.

I’m not sure how long they will be up for.

Love Never Dies - FULL STAGE SHOW | The Shows Must Go On - Stay Home #WithMe

This is the sequel to Phantom of the Opera

Join us from Friday, April 24th at 7pm UK time, as the legend returns to YouTube, with Andrew Lloyd Webber’s sequel to The Phantom of The Opera, Love Never Dies starring Ben Lewis as The Phantom and Anna O’Byrne as Christine. Available for 48 hours globally.

Donation links for COVID relief are on the video page on youtube

Premieres in 8 hours

April 25, 3:00 PM

Genesis Live - The Mama Tour

Genesis

134K subscribers

Genesis Live The Mama Tour contains highlights from the group’s five concerts at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham in February 1984 at the end of their Mama Tour, supporting their 1983 album Genesis. Directed by Jim Yukich.

1 Like

This has Expired

Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Royal Albert Hall Celebration - FULL SHOW | The Shows Must Go On - #WithMe

The Shows Must Go On!

1.14M subscribers

This Friday, join us for a celebratory tribute to musical compositions of Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber, live from the Royal Albert Hall. Featuring hits from some of his most renowned productions, such as Starlight Express, Evita, Cats, Phantom of the Opera, Jesus Christ Superstar, and more. Available globally for 48 hours from Friday 7pm UK Time/ 2pm ET / 11am PT

Various donation links are in the description on the youtube page. Uk, US, and AUS charity links are present.
The Fundraiser Link is for The Actors Fund: COVID-19 Emergency Relief

SJ_logo-2019_horiz_tagline_email.png

MyHeroAcademia.jpg

Free Manga for Staying In!

We’re opening up the Shonen Jump digital vault for selected series!

New chapters weekly!

Bored? How about some free manga chapters from the Shonen Jump digital vault? For a limited time, every Friday we’ll be picking a series and letting you read a bunch of chapters from the best arcs for free! We’ll start off with the brave, boredom-fighting heroes from My Hero Academia ! Chapters 100–147, which focus on the Provisional License Exam and Overhaul arcs, are free for one week!

Read Free

SocialMedia_Facebook_30x40.png insta_new.png SocialMedia_Twitter_30x40.png

VIZ

The Shows Must Go On!

1.17M subscribers

Join us this Friday for Alan Ayckbourn and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical comedy extravaganza, By Jeeves! Inspired by the works of P. G. Wodehouse. By Jeeves - Musical adaptation featuring the much-loved humorous characters created by P.G. Wodehouse, none-too-bright man-about-town Bertie Wooster (John Scherer), and his long-suffering butler Jeeves (Martin Jarvis). The musical is written and directed by respected playwright Alan Ayckbourn with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber.

#ByJeeves #AndrewLloydWebber #TheShowsMustGoOn #Musicals #MusicalTheatre #PGWodehouse #AlanAyckbourn

By Jeeves - FULL STAGE SHOW | The Shows Must Go On - Stay Home #WithMe

@Kelryth: As usual there are links to various charities on the youtube page and the fundraiser link is:

The Actors Fund: COVID-19 Emergency Relief

The Actors Fund provides emergency financial aid to help cover essential medication costs and basic living expenses to those affected by COVID-19.

This video is only available for 48 hours from 2pm est

@TrueWrathChild and @Alphea, Wonderful inspiration and hope. Great resources, too. Thank you, Kelryth, for posting.

Bump!

2 Likes

David Gilmour - Live At Pompeii (Full Concert)

David Gilmour

477K subscribers

45 years after Pink Floyd’s David Gilmour filmed ‘Live At Pompeii’ in the legendary Roman Amphitheatre there, he returned for two spectacular shows in July 2016, part of the year-long tour in support of his No. 1 album Rattle That Lock. The performances were the first-ever rock concerts for an audience in the stone Roman amphitheatre, and, for two nights only, the 2,600-strong crowd stood exactly where gladiators would have fought in the first century AD.
#DavidGilmour #StayHome #WithMe #LiveAtPompeii

Fundraiser for this video is:

COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for WHO

Google.org will match $2 for every $1 up to $5M

Donate link is on the youtube page

CATS The Musical - FULL STAGE SHOW | The Shows Must Go On - Stay Home #WithMe

The Shows Must Go On!

1.21M subscribers

You’re invited to the Jellicle Ball this Friday 15th May - For 24 hours in the UK and 48 hours in all other countries! Andrew Lloyd Webber’s CATS, the most famous musical of all time, first exploded onto the West End stage in 1981. ‘Memory’, one of its many classic songs, became an instant worldwide hit. Since then CATS has smashed records and conquered the world. Using the latest technology, all the excitement, thrill, romance and intimacy of this theatrical legend has been captured on screen. Breathtaking visuals and full digital sound (that has been completely re-recorded with a seventy piece orchestra) will leave you deep into the mysterious world of CATS as you’ve never seen it before – more intoxicating and magical than you could possibly imagine. With a star cast including Elaine Paige and Sir John Mills.
#Cats #AndrewLloydWebber #TheShowsMustGoOn #CatsTheMusical #Musicals #ElainePaige

Various Charities links are on the youtube page. Fundraiser Link for this video is: The Actors Fund: COVID-19 Emergency Relief