Zelda Link's Awakening Coming to Switch!

OMFG SO AWESOME!!!

This just about blew my mind. I loved playing this on my old gameboy!

1 Like

Bought this game as soon as it came out… pretty fun, bringing back some good memories from playing it on the gameboy. Seems a little laggy at times when there’s a lot of stuff on the screen, but overall I think they did a really good job.

If you have a Switch and like the Zelda series I’d definitely recommend picking it up.

2 Likes

i haven’t been buying any switch games due to the price when they come out and then forget about the games i wanted…lol

There’s a crazy big digital sale going on right now on the Nintendo e-shop. Shaun Musgrave is reporting “… what do you even do with a list of sales like that? It’s massive, and there are so many great games in there that you’d have to be rich to buy them all.” Looking at the list, I see that all of the SteamWorld games on Switch are on sale, to include the most recent one, SteamWorld Quest. :sunglasses:

One of my personal goals is to finish all the SteamWorld games on Switch. :slightly_smiling_face:

As far as Link’s Awakening, I enjoy hearing about tech info, so despite being more of a reader than a video watcher, I ended up absorbed watching Digital Foundry’s youtube video on it: The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Switch Remake - Absolutely Unmissable

Ars Technica nailed it on what the graphics remind an old timer like me of, but couldn’t put my finger on!

The visual design speaks for itself in this article’s attached galleries, but it’s also, for the most part, tremendous in motion. Every character, enemy, and piece of terrain shines with an unmistakable mix of plasticky and bouncy rendering effects. As a fully animated world, the results don’t look like frozen, plastic figurines, stop-motion puppets, or even like obnoxiously animated CGI Saturday morning cartoons. At their best, these elements look like a game console rendering a top-to-bottom homage to the Rankin/Bass legacy of Christmas specials, only with the kinds of blended, natural animations that a '60s TV production crew surely dreamed of.

Zelda: Link’s Awakening review: This beach adventure looks 2019, feels 1993
No Nintendo remake has ever combined the beautiful and the familiar like this.

Kudos to the graphics team! Who didn’t grow up watching, and doesn’t love, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, with Burl Ives?!?! :sunglasses: