Yesterday's Nintendo Direct (2019-09-094)

You can watch it here. What did you all think?

Personally, I’m super excited to see that SNES games are coming along with their controllers. I think that was the last console I really loved. The Switch may have overtaken it :slight_smile:

I am also in a bit of a pickle. I got Xenoblade Chronicles for my 3DS back in February and, looking at a walk-through, it looks as though I’m halfway through it. The entire time I’ve been playing it, I’ve been commenting on how it really deserves a play-through on a larger screen, and then they announce this. Do I finish my current play-through? Do I start over? There are so many other games to play (not the least is XBC2!), but XBC is a really great game.

And then there’s the other games coming I’m excited about that we already knew about (I’ve not played any of these): Witcher 3, Dragon Quest XI S (never played a DQ!), ANIMAL CROSSING!, Ni No Kuni, Divinity Original Sin 2 (still haven’t beaten the 1st!), and more. Can I just retire and play games? I don’t have time for all of this!

1 Like

I have a current Nintendo Switch Online subscription from linking my Amazon Prime account with Twitch (https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/nintendo), I’ll be ordering the optional wireless Super NES controllers for the Switch, and I’ll be firing up Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island, for sure. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll be picking up Luigi’s Mansion 3 for Halloween, that may be what I’m most eager for. :sunglasses:

What I may be next most excited about is the cross-save support between Steam and Switch … not for Divinity: Original Sin 2 in particular, but hopefully as an ongoing trend … PC when sitting at the desk, continue with Switch when away, or for in the La-Z-Boy! :smiley:

If you happen to have played the existing version of the game over on Steam, there’s no need to worry about having to restart your adventure. Nintendo’s portable version supports cross-saves with the Steam release. So if you already bought the game, you’ve now got an excuse to buy it again and continue your epic journey.

You Can Share Switch And Steam Cloud Saves In Divinity: Original Sin 2

For my Switch, I’m currently playing through SteamWorld Dig 2. What with the DLC for SteamWorld Heist never making it to the iOS version, Switch seems to be the platform of choice for SteamWorld (SteamWorld Dig, SteamWorld Dig 2, SteamWorld Heist, SteamWorld Quest). Similarly, the iPad version of West of Loathing never got released, so once the Reckonin’ at Gun Manor DLC arrives on the Switch I’ll grab that there, too.

I’m also looking forward to this! I’ve never played a Luigi’s Mansion, so I’ll be picking up the previous 2 for the 3DS first. It looks like they come in at 6 and 16h playtime respectively, so I should be able to get caught up quickly!