XBOX X vs PS5 in light of MS acquistion of Zenimax

I am trying to decide between the two consoles, and while PS has always had a good exclusive line up of games, I’m wondering if its going to get harder for PS exclusives in the future because of the Zenimax acquisition…

What are your thoughts on the 2 consoles in the future??

I don’t think it will be too hard for PS exclusives in the future. Most of the PS exclusives lately have been games like God of War and Spider-man which are made by Sony owned developers or comes from a franchise owned by Sony. Personally I think it would be financially unsound of MS to start making Zenimax games Xbox exclusives, but who knows if their willing to take the loss to take a dig at Sony.

I am leaning towards getting a PS5 out of the two in the beginning and maybe pick up the Xbox down the road, but I don’t know if I need both consoles wither. I mainly use my PS4 to play stuff that doesn’t show up on the PC (which are few and far between these days) and watch Bluray movies.

Right now, I’m not buying either of them. I’ll wait for the pre-order craze to die down and also wait until the make a second or third version as I’m sure they will.

Well, I preordered the Xbox, had nothing to do with Zenimax, but everything for me to do with Game pass as I play more games off their platform than any other including Steam…oh, but I will get a PS5, when they ever become available as I just like console gaming too much.

I think a YouTuber, I think it was “gameranx” hit it outta the park in that Xbox can use this as leverage to push Sony to release their exclusives to Xbox in the future in exchange for the Zenimax lineup…think about it, just Fallout by itself is bigger than ANY Playstation exclusive, and add in Elder Scrolls, Doom, Dishonored, and Wolfenstein and that is a tough lineup to beat. Leveraging this against Sony, would imo be the best move, because Microsoft has already made way more money than Sony without the Sony exclusives, and either way they move is just a win for them because I know a bunch of Playstation users WOULD buy an Xbox for either a new Fallout or Elder Scrolls game if Microsoft decided to make it exclusive…Microsoft imo holds all the cards