Wolcen Lords of Mayham

currently in act 2 , level 30. I haven’t experience any major bugs myself.
MidnightCannibal.8866

it has a few bugs, but i am playing just fine, and enjoying it.

1 Like

ill give it a try. are there guilds?

Good question

I do not believe Wolcen has an in-game guild system. Doesnt mean OTG peeps cant organize .

I have a char that could use help with Edrik for example.

I just entered Act 2 and I haven’t experience any major bugs - aside from the Friend List not working. Not sure if this has been fixed. Also the lack of a General Chat is a big minus for me… I mean its an online game.

Now for the good stuff. The graphics are off the chart for this type of game. Also great soundtrack. Combat is also great fun and its fast and responsive. If the Devs continue to support the game and bring in some of the missing features I think it will be a great game. Am I sorry I bought it - no!

I just think the game isn’t really fully cooked and ready for prime time. Lots of bugs. Some folks get stuck and can’t progress beyond a certain point is a biggy. Map (Explorations) crashes after spending 30+ minutes per map resulting in not getting “credit” for completion is another. The devs are trying to update the game and address issues, but in so doing are sometimes causing additional problems. They either see a ridiculous overpower or it is brought to their attention and they hit it with a giant nerf bat essentially wrecking it entirely. Right now it seems that the vast majority of builds will not get you all the way through endgame. Stacking ailment builds and possibly the 100% block and resist build may get you past 150. I like the game a lot, especially some of the endgame stuff, but it just isn’t fully baked. Probably will go back to PoE when new League launches in a week.

This exactly, i have put in over 150 hours, and the foundation is there for a solid game. It’s just 6 months to a year away at this point. Now mind you D3 and POE were like this when they released, (if not worse… cough D3) but they have put the years in to fine tune them. I to will be all in on the Delirium league, GGG just keeps making POE better and better.

1 Like

Yeah me too. I’m level 34 and have not encountered any major bugs. One of my spells get stuck (playing a Warlock) but other than that, I’m doing ok.

I’m at level 69 and I continue to find bugs, from crashes, to game hangs, to chest loot spawning underground. but nothing that was show stopping. They are putting out bug fix patches every 1 - 2 weeks and they say that they are working on episode 4.

For the record, Glorious Eggroll put out a custom Proton version that fixed the Blob Head issue Linux players were experiencing. Then they dropped 1.0.10 and it, too, contained a fix for the Blob Head under Proton.

This provides a great example of how multi-platform development can lead to a more robust program, regardless of platform.

The issue was caused by a use-after-free memory call. Windows, for whatever reason, didn’t trip up on it in the base game. But it could be triggered under Windows by running the game under a debugger. WINE didn’t silently cover the memory issue so the Blob Head appeared. So in fixing this for the game running under Proton they have corrected a possible issue in the future on Windows proper.

I have a copy of Wolcen from their kickstarter. Really didn’t keep up with it at all. I am curious about the in-game housing feature. Did that make it after all? Is it implemented in game? thanks.

not yet

Thanks for the answer.