What happens if ... answers about account types

What happens if… answers about the account types
05-30-2014, 05:47 PM
From the Turbine LOTRO forum
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...d+timers+guild

I was putting this together for my own needs so I could just copy/paste for responses to future posts, but seems to me it might be useful as a single “look at this post to answer your question” so none of us have to try and think of all the things again (and probably forget something important each time). Couldn’t find anything available in this format anywhere else, and this is the format I find most of the questions I get are requesting.

So posting this here for feedback to start with - does anyone have any suggestions either on what should be changed, added, removed or clarified in the responses I’ve put together? And are there any other very common account status “What happens if…” type questions that we see regularly which could be included?

Edit: I’ve now updated this first post with all of the suggestions/changes/additions made through the thread and will continue to do so. Thanks to all who have contributed and please continue to do so.
Edit: Updated with the new Update 3 instances and information on the Rise of Isengard pre-order options
Edit: Updated with changes stemming from Rise of Isengard release. RoI pre-order options replaced with RoI purchase options
Edit: Updated with details of the Mithril Edition
Edit: Updated for the release of Update 6: Shores of the Great River

What happens if…

…I establish a free account

• You receive 2 character slots per server
  • You can create characters from any of the game’s 4 races: Dwarves, Elves, Hobbits and Men
  • You can create characters in 7 classes: Burglar, Captain, Champion, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-master or Minstrel
  • You can create an Orc Reaver character in Monster Play
  • You cannot create characters in the premium classes: Rune-keeper or Warden
  • You cannot create characters in the other Monster classes
  • You can level your characters all the way to the level cap (currently level 75)
  • You have access to all regions of the game world except the Ettenmoors (the Player vs Monster Player region, only your Monster characters can enter here)
  • You have access to all quests and deeds in 4 regions: Ered Luin, the Shire, Bree-land and the Lonelands
  • You have access to tasks in all regions where they exist
  • You have access to all of the quests that make up the epic quest line
  • You have access to the Legendary Item system
  • You have access to the first 7 ranks of Skirmish traits
  • Your characters cannot quest for the riding skill
  • Your characters have three inventory bags
  • Your characters are limited to 2 Gold each
  • Your characters cannot mail gold
  • Your characters have anti-spam features on mail and chat limiting repeated chat or in game mail
  • Your characters are limited to 2 Virtue Traits, 2 Racial Traits, 2 Class Traits and 1 Legendary Trait at a time
  • Your monster characters are limited to 2 Corruption Traits, 2 Racial Traits, 2 Class Traits and 0 Appearance Traits at a time
  • You can purchase items from the Auction House, but cannot post items for sale
  • You have access to the first 2 skirmishes along with all skirmishes associated with the epic quest line
  • You can craft items and advance your crafting skill through all 6 crafting tiers
  • You can join a crafting guild and reach Acquaintance standing
  • You can earn Turbine Points in-game which can be used to unlock the majority of game content. Regular play will produce a good amount of TP. Unlocking ALL game content without purchasing Turbine Points is possible but extremely time-consuming.

…I buy Anything with real money (This includes expansion from the store, time cards, or just store points)

• Your account is permanently elevated to a Premium account
  • You gain 1 additional character slot (in addition to any previously purchased)
  • All your current and future characters’ gold cap is increased to 5 Gold
  • All your current and future characters are able to trade and mail gold
  • All your current and future characters receive a more lenient anti-spam limitation on chat and in-game mail
  • All your current and future characters can list 5 items each in the auction house
  • You permanently receive a high priority in the login queue if servers are full
  • You permanently receive full access to the forums and other community features
  • You receive full access to customer service (contacting a GM via in-game support tickets) for 30 days

…I subscribe and become a VIP

While subscribed, you gain:

• All 5 bag slots permanently unlocked on any character you log in with
  • All trait slots permanently unlocked on any character you log in with (including Monster characters)
  • Ability to trade and mail gold
  • No anti-spam limitation on chat or in-game mail
  • No gold cap on any character you log in with
  • Access to Swift Travel permanently unlocked on any character you log in with
  • 3 character slots (if upgrading from F2P, 2 character slots if upgrading from Premium)
  • Access to all quests, deeds, instances and skirmishes in North Downs, Evendim, Trollshaws, Misty Mountains, Angmar, Forochel, Eregion, Lothlorien, Enedwaith and The Great River
  • Access to all instances not bound to a quest pack/expansion - including Inn of the Forsaken and Halls of Night
  • 500TP per month
  • Highest priority in the login queue if servers are full
  • Full access to the forums and other community features
  • Full access to crafting guild advancement
  • Access to the slow Bree-Land starter pony at level 5 (200 in-game silver)
  • Access to the Riding Skill quest at level 20
  • 20 Wardrobe slots
  • Ability to spend destiny points
  • Full access to Monster Play (including all Monster classes) and the Ettenmoors (PvMP) on both sides
  • Full access to customer service (contacting a GM via in-game support tickets)
  • Rest XP for all characters
  • Your characters can list 30 items each in the auction house

…my subscription ends

• Your account is permanently elevated to a Premium account
  • All characters logged in while VIP keep the unlocks for bags, traits, gold cap and swift travel. New characters will have the Premium restrictions (see “…I buy Turbine Points with real money”)
  • All monster characters logged in while VIP keep the unlocks for traits
  • You lose access* to all quests, deeds and instances in North Downs, Evendim, Trollshaws, Misty Mountains, Angmar, Forochel, Eregion, Lothlorien, Enedwaith and The Great River. Quests and deeds already in your log can be completed (just the specific quest/deed, not the chain)
  • You lose access* to all skirmishes with the exception of Trouble in Tuckborough, Siege of Gondamon and those associated with the epic quest line
  • You lose access* to all instances not bound to a quest pack/expansion - including Inn of the Forsaken and Halls of Night
  • You lose 2 character slots. If you do not have 2 empty character slots, you will have to select characters to temporarily lock until your account has enough slots to support them
  • You no longer receive 500TP each month
  • You fall back to a high priority in the login queue if servers are full
  • You lose access to crafting guild advancement. Any advancement already achieved is maintained
  • You lose access to the riding skill quest. Characters who have already completed it do not lose the skill
  • You lose 20 wardrobe slots. Existing items in the wardrobe are not deleted, but no new items can be added until your total wardrobe items are less than your current wardrobe size
  • You lose the ability to spend destiny points
  • You lose access to Monster Play and the Ettenmoors (PvMP) except for the Reaver class. All other Monster classes will be locked*, but your Monster characters will not be deleted.
  • You lose access to customer service (contacting a GM via in-game support tickets)
  • Your characters no longer gain Rest XP (any amassed Rest XP is maintained)
  • Your characters can only list 5 items each in the auction house
  • Note that you will NEVER lose access to a quest pack, instance, skirmish or class you previously purchased with Turbine Points.

…I resubscribe

• Everything which was lost when your subscription ended (above) is reinstated

…I purchase a Shadows of Angmar retail box/code and apply the code.

• This ONLY works if you have NOT applied a Shadows of Angmar OR Mines of Moria code yet.
  • You gain a month of VIP access (or extend your existing subscription by a month) and all of the benefits that entails (including the 500TP stipend)
  • Your account is permanently elevated to Premium as you have ‘spent real money’

…I purchase a Mines of Moria expansion (Turbine, not Codemasters) box/code and apply the code.

• This ONLY works if you have NOT applied a Mines of Moria code yet.
  • You gain a month of VIP access (or extend your existing subscription by a month) and all of the benefits that entails (including the 500TP stipend)
  • You gain full and permanent access (regardless of subscription) to the Warden and Runekeeper classes
  • You gain full and permanent access (regardless of subscription) to the quests and deeds in Moria
  • You gain permanent access to the first 15 ranks of Skirmish traits
  • You gain 2 character slots (in addition to any you have as F2P/Premium/VIP or have purchased)
  • Your account is permanently elevated to Premium as you have ‘spent real money’

…I purchase the Mines of Moria expansion from the LOTRO store

• You gain full and permanent access (regardless of subscription) to the Warden and Runekeeper classes
  • You gain full and permanent access (regardless of subscription) to the quests and deeds in Moria
  • You gain permanent access to the first 15 ranks of Skirmish traits
  • You gain 2 character slots (in addition to any you have as F2P/Premium/VIP or have purchased)

…I purchase the Mines of Moria quest pack from the LOTRO store

…I purchase the Rise of Isengard Legendary Edition

• You gain full and permanent access (regardless of subscription) to the Isengard expansion (including the Isengard quest pack, Draigoch Raid and Isengard instance cluster)
  • You gain full and permanent access (regardless of subscription) to the quests and deeds in Dunland, Gap of Rohan and Nan Curunír
  • You gain full and permanent access (regardless of subscription) to the quests and deeds in Trollshaws, Eregion, Moria, Lothlorien and Mirkwood
  • You are granted 1000 Turbine Points
  • You receive 3 cosmetic armour sets and 3 horses on all characters, current and future
  • You gain permanent access to the first 35 ranks of Skirmish traits (even if you did not previously purchase skirmish trait upgrades)

…I purchase the Rise of Isengard Heroic Edition

• You gain full and permanent access (regardless of subscription) to the Isengard expansion (including the Isengard quest pack, Draigoch Raid and Isengard instance cluster)
  • You gain full and permanent access (regardless of subscription) to the quests and deeds in Dunland, Gap of Rohan and Nan Curunír
  • You are granted 1000 Turbine Points
  • You receive a cosmetic armour set, a horse and a title on all characters, current and future
  • You gain permanent access to the first 35 ranks of Skirmish traits (even if you did not previously purchase skirmish trait upgrades)

…I purchase the Rise of Isengard Base Edition

• You receive a horse and a title on all characters, current and future

…I purchase the Rise of Isengard expansion from the LOTRO store

…I purchase the Rise of Isengard quest pack from the LOTRO store

…I purchase the Lord of the Rings Online Mithril Edition

• You gain full and permanent access (regardless of subscription) to the quests and deeds in Trollshaws, Eregion, Moria and Lothlorien
  • You are granted 2000 Turbine Points
  • You receive the Steed of the Horse-lords mount on all characters, current and future

Turbine forum post: Last edited by Ozeagle; Mar 26 2012 at 11:37 PM.

This forum post edited 01 June 2014: change “I buy Turbine Points with real money” to “I buy ANYTHING with real money”
Last edited by GardenGirl; 06-01-2014, 09:17 AM.
Copied to Discourse forum 6/20/2018 by GardenGirl

1 Like